Volunteer Editor Program pages working?

ReadyOne

Ready to Rock!
I went down the "Find a Volunteer Editor" rabbit hole.

Yes, it's ancient and Laural probably hasn't touched it in ages. But I made the tightest query I could which returned results. 1000 system limited hits got names from "A" to "G". Almost 20 had "last Update" dates less than a year old, so I followed their links and culled out 2 or 3 inappropriate people.

Using the CLICK HERE to access a form, I fired off requests to the remaining 15 odd and checked the box asking for a copy to be sent to myself.

No copies showed up in my e-mail, though I do receive messages there about new private messages. I didn't expect any other feedback, as somewhere there was a notice that the editor contact was discarded after being forwarded. But just in case, I checked the forum side and story side control panels....

I now doubt that any requests were actually sent on my behalf. So far, I've received zero responses, not even any polite "out of business" or "too swamped".

Is my conclusion correct that "Find a Volunteer Editor" is broke broke broke?

Last edited:
I went down the "Find a Volunteer Editor" rabbit hole.

Yes, it's ancient and Laural probably hasn't touched it in ages. But I made the tightest query I could which returned results. 1000 system limited hits got names from "A" to "G". Almost 20 had "last Update" dates less than a year old, so I followed their links and culled out 2 or 3 inappropriate people.

Using the CLICK HERE to access a form, I fired off requests to the remaining 15 odd and checked the box asking for a copy to be sent to myself.

No copies showed up in my e-mail, though I do receive messages there about new private messages. I didn't expect any other feedback, as somewhere there was a notice that the editor contact was discarded after being forwarded. But just in case, I checked the forum side and story side control panels....

I now doubt that any requests were actually sent on my behalf. So far, I've received zero responses, not even any polite "out of business" or "too swamped".

Is my conclusion correct that "Find a Volunteer Editor" is broke broke broke?

It is hit and miss. I have had several requests through it, but I only reply through the PM’s in the forum. The reason is I don’t want my email spread around until I have an agreement with a writer to edit their work. Manu has agreed there are glitches in the system but it is low on the list of priorities for the ongoing upgrade..

The best option is to post a request here giving as a minimum an idea of the content, how many words, which genre/ category it will be posted in, and hope someone answers.

If anyone hits me up, I am still active in it. Though requests are limited so maybe there aren't that many who are actually trying to use it for an editor?

If anyone hits me up, I am still active in it. Though requests are limited so maybe there aren't that many who are actually trying to use it for an editor?

I think there word is going around it is not working one way or another, that's my impression by reading the forums.

As a volunteer editor I find I get a lot of requests after I have updated my profile. Since I edit for several authors I seldom respond to requests in the editor's forum, but I do answer all contacts.

Ive wondered this myself since, like many, I moslty get no response.

I have an editors account and ive messaged myself with it, and i always get the message.

So i think most dont reply because theyre busy. One editor once said that the messages went to her spam.

I was wondering this myself too. I just happened to send my request for editing to 5 volunteer editors and even when I check the box, I did not receive any message to my email despite what the function says.

The best (only) way that has worked for me is to click on the potential VE’s Literotica Profile under Member Info. When the profile comes up, select the Contact tab and compose your message to them. Yes, you will need to insert a working email address to enable a response. This could be the email address you gave Lit when you originally registered, or it could be a ‘burner’ email address that you set up for author/VE communications.

The Contact This Editor function (when it works) would use an anonymized email address that allows back and forth communication between the author and VE without either party knowing the other’s ‘real’ email address. Since almost every mention of the VE program in the forums comes up with an ‘it’s not working’ consensus, you’re more likely to get responses by using the contact tab in the VE’s profile. Sure, if the VE forgot to update his/her email address they originally registered under with Lit, then your request disappears into the void.

Back