The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um - sorry - Dune WOULD put me to sleep... :eek:

GASP!!!! HOLD YOUR TONGUE (or whatever), FISHIE!!

I heard lots of great things about it, so I figured it was about time I had a go of reading it. I am enjoying it a lot so far...:)

I've read it a couple times now and he just did a brilliant job making the universe.
I only read one or two of the sequels, but a couple years ago, I went and read a couple of the prequel books by his son (supposedly based on notes he'd left). I NEEDED to know about the Butlerian Jihad.
(they were OK)

GASP!!!! HOLD YOUR TONGUE (or whatever), FISHIE!!

I've read it a couple times now and he just did a brilliant job making the universe.
I only read one or two of the sequels, but a couple years ago, I went and read a couple of the prequel books by his son (supposedly based on notes he'd left). I NEEDED to know about the Butlerian Jihad.
(they were OK)

Wasn't there a movie too? Do you know if it was as good as the book? Or was it like most movies based on books and completely sucked?

Wasn't there a movie too? Do you know if it was as good as the book? Or was it like most movies based on books and completely sucked?

There was a David Lynch movie which, I mean, given the MASSIVE scope of the book, and that half of it is internal monolog, he did an OK job with. It was certainly gorgeous. But yeah, disappointing.
The SciFi channel did a better job, I've heard, with their mini series (much more appropriate format)

Any way you try it, though, its a tough work to adapt.

WHY are my toes FASCINATING to you ALL DAMN NIGHT you furry JERK?!

*buries into the cushions for more sleep*
Nnnnnn.
*gets up and stumbles to find Soru*
Puuuuuddiiiiiin'-! Mean kitty wouldn't let me sleeeep!

WHY are my toes FASCINATING to you ALL DAMN NIGHT you furry JERK?!

*buries into the cushions for more sleep*
Nnnnnn.
*gets up and stumbles to find Soru*
Puuuuuddiiiiiin'-! Mean kitty wouldn't let me sleeeep!

But your toesies are so cute!
om-nom-nom

I have a few LT-
Lit no longer appeals to me like it used to.
I think I'll see if Papi wants to take the munchkin to the park instead.
I miss my girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back