The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Nakeypeeps.

John, I can assure you, Olaf is good. Really, really good... :D

So, I've been sitting in nose-to-tail traffic for 25 minutes, and no end in sight yet... *sigh*

My 9.30 meeting is looking increasingly unlikely. I'm sure there's a downside to this, too... :)

I'll just have to take your word for it. ;)

Are you seriously posting while driving?! :eek: It better be a parking lot there. *wags finger* Sorry about the traffic though.

Are you seriously posting while driving?! :eek: It better be a parking lot there. *wags finger* Sorry about the traffic though.

Is posting while driving the same as posting while stopped in traffic? Inquiring minds want to know.

I haven't moved in five minutes, and have travelled maybe 300 yards in the past 20. I might as well be in a parking lot... :rolleyes:

Is posting while driving the same as posting while stopped in traffic? Inquiring minds want to know.

Legally, I suspect so. But I think I can rule out the possibility of a high-speed chase... :D

Looking a little flushed there, damps...? ;)

Ok, now for another writing challenge. My protagonist needs to shave his face in the near wilderness. I was thinking of him using his Ka-Bar knife, but that wouldn't work. So he's going to get a hold of a straight razor, but no cream to use, just water from the nearby spring.

I haven't moved in five minutes, and have travelled maybe 300 yards in the past 20. I might as well be in a parking lot... :rolleyes:

Wow, sounds like I-5 during a snowstorm.

Ok, now for another writing challenge. My protagonist needs to shave his face in the near wilderness. I was thinking of him using his Ka-Bar knife, but that wouldn't work. So he's going to get a hold of a straight razor, but no cream to use, just water from the nearby spring.

How about foam or river weeds or something from the stream too. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would provide some lubrication.

Hot water is the main thing for a shave. It softens the hair. A well-sharpened knife (a good Ka-Bar would do as well as a straight razor, believe it or not) would work, but to get the desired result, the water should be hot.

I've shaved without cream or soap many times, without discomfort, and my facial hair is borderline porcupine. ;) If the blade is sharp and the water hot, it usually does the trick.

How about foam or river weeds or something from the stream too. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would provide some lubrication.

Hot water is the main thing for a shave. It softens the hair. A well-sharpened knife (a good Ka-Bar would do as well as a straight razor, believe it or not) would work, but to get the desired result, the water should be hot.

I've shaved without cream or soap many times, without discomfort, and my facial hair is borderline porcupine. ;) If the blade is sharp and the water hot, it usually does the trick.

What I've found on the subject.
http://thesuperiorshave.com/Wet_Shaving_Tutorial.html
Would you think that hot, wet towels would work? Sitting by the creek for rinse while wetting the face with the towel? While I have my character in the semi wilderness, there is a nearby cottage.

Good morning. Thanks for the suggestions steve and willie. I decided that the woman at the cottage had a husband who left her and she still has some of his shaving stuff around for my protagonist to borrow.

HP, hard to say about your computer without getting my hands on it. The first step would be to hop into the BIOS and see if it's even being detected there.

Anna, I'm going camping with a friend up at Orcas Island this weekend so I promise more mountain pics just for you. ;):rose:

Dry shaving sucks. It tends to leave an irritation that just... hurts and itches.

What I've found on the subject.
http://thesuperiorshave.com/Wet_Shaving_Tutorial.html
Would you think that hot, wet towels would work? Sitting by the creek for rinse while wetting the face with the towel? While I have my character in the semi wilderness, there is a nearby cottage.
Hot, wet towels would be great, but how is he going to get them from the cottage to the creek?

Yeah, I know... suspension of disbelief and all, but it only goes so far.

If there's any oil in the cottage, that'd work...
Yeah, that could work. If any of the women have anything they use in their hair, that would work too.

Dry shaving sucks. It tends to leave an irritation that just... hurts and itches.

Hot, wet towels would be great, but how is he going to get them from the cottage to the creek?

Yeah, I know... suspension of disbelief and all, but it only goes so far.

Yeah, that could work. If any of the women have anything they use in their hair, that would work too.

Yeah, a couple of the sites I checked mentioned conditioner. Also shea butter and, bizarrely, peanut butter. Smooth, presumably... :eek:

How's you this afternoon, honey?

Yeah, a couple of the sites I checked mentioned conditioner. Also shea butter and, bizarrely, peanut butter. Smooth, presumably... :eek:

How's you this afternoon, honey?

Peanut butter? I suppose that would work a) if you don't have a peanut allergy or, b) want someone to lick your face afterward. I've used conditioner before in a pinch, and yes, it works.

I'm having a good afternoon. Had a great chat with a friend earlier and will be smiling long into the day. How's you?

Peanut butter? I suppose that would work a) if you don't have a peanut allergy or, b) want someone to lick your face afterward. I've used conditioner before in a pinch, and yes, it works.

I'm having a good afternoon. Had a great chat with a friend earlier and will be smiling long into the day. How's you?

*thousand-yard stare* I'm sorry, you lost me at face-licking... :D

I'm good, thanks. :)

*thousand-yard stare* I'm sorry, you lost me at face-licking... :D

I'm good, thanks. :)

Well, if you want to try shaving with peanut butter, I'm sure we could find you a few volunteers not named (whisper) Olaf (end whisper) to test that theory.

Knowing a friend is having a good day makes mine that much better.

Oh, john, I've never been out to Orcas! I hope you have a wonderful time and I'm sure you'll get great pictures. :)

Good morning. Thanks for the suggestions steve and willie. I decided that the woman at the cottage had a husband who left her and she still has some of his shaving stuff around for my protagonist to borrow.

HP, hard to say about your computer without getting my hands on it. The first step would be to hop into the BIOS and see if it's even being detected there.

Anna, I'm going camping with a friend up at Orcas Island this weekend so I promise more mountain pics just for you. ;):rose:

One can use ordinary bar soap, at a pinch.
I agree with Willie; a decent knife will also work, if temporarily.

The laptop has passed it's drive & memory tests (it's a Compaq 6910p).

Orcas? Ain't that the name for the whale shark thingy?

It's thunder+storming here!! :nana: :nana:

I love thunderstorms. Sitting here with the blinds open. :cathappy:

Oh, I wanna watch too! Instead of being stuck in a windowless basement solving computer issues.:rolleyes: Mind if I take a spot by you in front of the window?

HP, I do like the bar soap idea. Now I need to figure out if I should do the soap and knife idea to make him seem more manly or if to use the shaving kit to drive the story about the woman in the cottage and her exhusband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back