The Tattoo Artist (closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
tumblr_p09en32Sga1s8m4j4o1_400.jpg

Lexa Celeste
A tattoo artist
One of the best in the business she was nearly a master in the ancient forms as well as her mastery at modern tattoo methods. A dive of a shop from the outside the inside shocking the health inspector every time immaculate clean but still held to the dive appearance. She had only one partner working there with her.
tumblr_p09fqzXBqs1s8m4j4o1_400.jpg


He was more than just a shop partner as he enjoyed that at her whim he was a plaything as well.
tumblr_oz5w2fvWlH1wqqp7xo1_1280.jpg

She had owned and run this shop for longer than anyone realized as it blended into surrounding area and was easily left to obscurity. Then he walked in... A "lost lamb" in a sea of wolves.
rBVaHVWCedKASg5LAAKONre4flU133.jpg


Once they were able to help him and he was on his way she turned to her partner with shimmering eyes and purred through a fanged grin...

I want one...

________________

The area had never been any degree of posh. It was the nearly forgotten remnants of a mining town as the town grew further east and north. What was left was dive bars markets her tattoo shop brothels and slums. It had been home since the booming mining town. Changing her appearance as needed with the passing generations but now the area was so forgotten it didn't matter as much.

Then he walked in.
 
Travis Stone, Realtor, Business man, Playboy, Risk taker. These were just a few of the words people used to describe him over the years. Oh he was nothing special, grew up in 4 bedroom home, son to middle America working parents, went to school, hated it just like any other well bred kid wanting to be free. His father a bank manager, his mother a secretary at an investment firm. He never really wanted for much growing up. His family had money, but they never showed it. Driving normal, unassuming cars, lived in a nice but not Ritzy upscale neighborhood, an only child, he’d been lucky to make quiet a few good friends, graduated high school and went to college for a business Degree. Got his bachelors in management, and made a quiet living for himself. Then at his 26th birthday Travis had gotten lucky, He bought a lottery ticket on a whim, and had scored a 500k dollar winning card. While most people would go spending crazy, he quietly stashed the money away. Taking with his parents and a lawyer at his mother’s investment firm, agreeing to invest the money he started out slow, low risk investments. Not all of them working out as planned. Others panning out to better opportunities. Travis studied, a lot, learning from his father and his mothers co workers he began to take on riskier acquisitions, seeming to find a knack for hitting on good leads, and the investments paying out charitable sized dividends.

Now six years later, Travis had become one of the leading realtors in his city, buying up seemingly worthless property, plots of land no one wanted to buy, or that had been slated by the city for condemnation and demolition, and he managed to talk himself into a deal with the city counselors. Turning slums and worn out, tired buildings into lively, active, locations, Bars, Night clubs, Hotels, motels, Housing. He wasn’t adverse or disinclined to take risks with anything, even Strip clubs and a few casino’s in the seedier parts of town. Then he’d gotten a tip he’d been waiting 2 years for, The old east docks district was under the wrecking ball, The docks had fallen into heavy disrepair, ships choosing to stop coming to this port, instead finding new ports further up river, or another port city all together, causing an increase in truck traffic as goods and services had to be trucked in, instead of brought in by ship. Because of the bad conditions, loading and unloading difficulties, time delays, you name it, it was not appealing.

So Travis had traveled into that part of town, had set up a meeting with the mayor to go over his development plans and discuss and answer questions. The meeting had gone alright, they’d walked almost the entirety of the shore line, looking at buildings, Travis forming a mental image and design in his mind of what he’d wanted to do with this area. He wanted it, badly, Port property was a premium, with the right renovations, permits, and spin doctoring, he could turn this place into a Cruise Liner paradise, opening up the water way to new possibilities, Cruise Ships, Cargo, Oil, he could make it work. As the sun began to set he’d made his way back to his car. Not that he wanted to leave his Lexus alone in this part of town. He was dismayed to find his driver side window had been shattered, and a few items had been taken.

Sighing he’d been reaching for his phone when he’d heard something. Turning around he was met with a fist to his face that sent him reeling back. 4 men had surrounded him, and he held his hands out in a push-a-way gesture. Two men had drawn knives as they demanded his wallet, and anything else they’d wanted. Slowly he’d reached for his wallet, offering it out to one of the men, they reached to take it and Travis snapped his hand out, catching the man in the nose with a right hook he hadn’t seen coming, the audible crunch of bone Travis realized he’d broken the man’s nose. The shout of pain quickly confirming that Travis cursed and ran. They eventually caught him when he hit a dead end after turning into the wrong alley. And they beat him, once he got knocked to the ground they’d kicked and stomped on him. Stealing his wallet, keys, and phone then left him there, bloody and bruised, but luckily he didn’t think anyting was broken. Staggering to his feet he made his way out of the ally, one eye swollen shut, blood and dirt smearing his face. He had to use the wall for support, seemingly unable to focus, thinking he probably had a concussion he staggered down the street, finding what appeared to be an old run down building with a single glowing sign “tattoo” on it he cracked the door and stumbled inside, the bright lights blinding him he stumbled and fell, passing out when his head struck the floor
 
Last edited:
The docks were just past Miner Row as it had been called for generations. She knew the mayor had been slinking around with developers looking to update the bay but luckily she knew that he also knew to leave Miner Row alone. She was busy tattooing a burly behemoth of a man when the young man walked in and collapsed. Nodding to her partner to check on him she continued the tattoo but making sure to cause a flinch of pain from the big man.

Some of your crews handiwork?

She hissed.

Hell no Lexa... No one prospect or brother knows to cross you.

The big guy quickly replied almost fearful of the whisp of a woman before him.

Good

She hissed

If they are... Well I have new dinner stock.
 
Travis roused slightly as he felt hands on him, something jarring him awake as he felt himself being moved, groggy, disorientated his eyes blinked open, unfocused all he was able to see were shadows, the bright lights hurting his eyes, he didn’t know where he was, had they returned to finish what they’d started in the ally? He felt sluggish ‘t..t….take…..take whatever…….please…” his voice was slurred, sounding like he had a lisp, although the swelling he could feel on his face probably accounted for that “wa.w..ww.wwallet..t..t….take it….g…go, ..p..p..please don’t kill…” he began to struggle against whatever held him fear and a hard shot of adrenaline piercing the haze, his eye sigh clearing and he lashed out, struggling hard he felt his arm connected something……a curse, and he hit hard ground, his breathing notching up he struggled to his feet “g.g…g.et back…..” he wavered as he tried to stand and fell back against something hard, a wall? “d..d..dont hurt me……….pleaseee….”
 
She grumbled at her partners heavy handed ways and quickly finished the tat she was working on before walking over.

Calm down you are safe and would be in better condition if you would stop fighting my associates aid to help you.

I'm Lexa this is my shop and you are?

She was getting the scent and knew it as a few punks who tried to be their own street tough gang and sighed.
 
He looked around, his mind seeming to finally be able to focus, and he winced still against the lights of the shop, holding a hand up as if blocking the sun he looked around, things coming back to him, the attack, finding the tattoo parlor and hoping to get help Calm down you, are safe and would be in better condition if you would stop fighting my associates aid to help you. He looked around, straightening himself up some he looked around, the man standing closest to him he assumed had been the one to get him on his feet “ahhh yea……..sorry…….and thank you…” he looked around “I wasn’t told this place was here……wasn’t on any of the water front plans..” he said quietly, more to himself it would seem, finally he looked to the slim women who’d approached him, rubbing his temples before he finally lowered his hands from his eyes I'm Lexa this is my shop and you are? he studied here for a minute, taking her in before he responded “Travis…….my name is Travis….umm, I think I need the cops, I got jumped walking back to my car….” He patted himself, his suit jacket ripped, his face and clothes smudged with dirt and grime “It seems they got my wallet, and my phone…fantastic….” He muttered to himself….
 
You are a bit past the docks... This is Miners Row... No one touches Miners Row even the Mayor know that. As for cops. We handle stuff like what happened to you a little different around here.

She nodded to the big guy getting up out of the chair and walking over.

My boys will fix this problem. Lexa doesn't stand for crap like this around Miners Row so we keep the peace. Don't worry let her boy there bandage and fix you up and we will get your stuff back.
 
Travis frowned “Miner’s Row? What the hell is Miner’s Row? No, this is Wharf 16, waterfront, I wasn’t told anything about a Miner’s row….” He frowned more, looking as the burly man came walking up and Travis took an involuntary step backwards, running his hand through his hair and swallowing, he began to look for a way out, No one touches Miners Row even the Mayor know that. As for cops. We handle stuff like what happened to you a little different around here. he backed up again, hitting the wall behind him, and began to pat the wall, looking for…………anything “you’re going to kill me? Look, I’ve got money, “……he looked to the big man as he began to speak Lexa doesn't stand for crap like this around Miners Row so we keep the peace. his face seemed to smooth out as he cocked his head to the side just slightly “Lexa? Whose Lexa?” his eyes fell to the women, she seemed to be the one in charge and the mention in bandages he immediately remembered his injuries and just how much they throbbed. Why did that always happen? Only realize you’re in a ton of pain when someone points it out to you “this……this is too much…….” He let his body sink to the floor, dragging down the wall “his breathing began increase, his hand going to the large lump on his forehead and he hissed “god, thanks for reminding me, ummm, Lurch?.......Frankenstein? what do I call you king kong?” he said looking to the big biker looking guy, realizing he really needed to shut up, he couldn’t seem to focus, and he closed his eyes. The room spinning “I don’t feel good….” He muttered
 
The biker she finished tattooing who had walked over laughed.

No worries suit. You parked a little further from the water front than you realized. Easy mistake.

He pointed to the woman with the tattoo gun.

That's Lexa and while they tend to you I am gonna go hunting the punks who either are gunning to piss her off or are new to the area. Don't worry Lexa I will bring at least one of them back for your own brand of Justice... Once the boys are done explaining things to them.

Lexa nodded and smirked walking over she looked deep I to her wounded guests eyes and smiled her eyes almost hypnotic as she studied him.

You'll live... Just... Relax... Now
 
Travis let his body slump against the wall, he felt like he was going to pass out, he only half listened to what the burly biker was saying, I am gonna go hunting the punks who either are gunning to piss her off or are new to the area. Don't worry Lexa I will bring at least one of them back for your own brand of Justice “own brand of justice?, who are you? The mob? No, too clean, you a Mafia princess?” as the man walked away he focused on the women, blinking almost constantly as the spots began to swirl around his eyes, he felt his legs shake and he started to let himself slide down the wall, his breathing beginning to falter, the haze of pained adrenaline wearing off and the pain of his injuries setting in he forced his head up, and his gaze met Luxa’s, and suddenly he found himself unable to look away, the spots seeming to lessen, almost transfixed “wow…………..you have……..beautiful eyes…” he muttered, You'll live... Just... Relax... Now Travis nodded “yea….relax……..that sounds good actually….” A shiver passed through his body, slowly the tension drained from him and his erratic breathing slowed, allowing his mind to being to finally process and catch up, and suddenly he blinked, his eyes focusing “wait, so Miner’s Row?” his eyes began to twitch back and forth slightly, whatever spell had been woven seemingly broken “The whole of the water front district was up for redevelopment, whatever agreement you think you had was not mentioned, technically, I will be your new landlord…” he blinked, locking gaze with her again
 
Not a chance suit... Miners row belongs only to those that call it home... No suit is gonna come down her claiming to own us. You want the docks that's fine Miners row starts three blocks away from them and no one touches Miners Row ever... Looks like the city planners need a reminder or the mayor does.

The other tattoo artist her partner who had been helping him looked over.

He probably wants a reason to hit on you again Lexa.
 
Not a chance suit... Miners row belongs only to those that call it home... No suit is gonna come down her claiming to own us. You want the docks that's fine Miners row starts three blocks away from them and no one touches Miners Row ever

He snorted at her statement, but otherwise choose to remain silent, currently he was in zero condition if they decided to finish the job the other assholes did. Rubbing his face he sighed, still feeling a little dizzy he closed his eyes and let his head rest against the wall “Look, I wont argue with you right now, I just got he shit kicked outta me, im starting to see double of everything, and I am not currently at my best, so I will not argue with you, “ sighing he shivered “I don’t know if I should ask for you to call an ambulance, im not feeling…………” he waivered He probably wants a reason to hit on you again Lexa. Travis opened his eyes and focused on the man, giving him a stern frown “Excuse me? Oh no, I would never hit on her, not my type” he scowled “she’s pretty, but yea, “ he cut himself off from what he was going to say “got any aspirin? Or a sedative? Hell I don’t even know what time it is, I need to get home, ive got a meeting with the mayor again tomorrow, and i can ask him exactly where the boundry lines are”
 
Walking up her eyes shimmered possibly from the various specialty lamps for the artists. Her voice melodic if not hypnotic as she spoke.


Calm... You will be fine... We will see to that.

Taking the mug her partner brought over an ancient healing spell in a mug.

Drink this... We will keep you safe.
 
Travis blinked, struggling to focus, looking up at the women approached him, her eyes seeming to gleam, and he found he could not look away, the shimmering of her eyes hypnotic in its grace and he again felt himself relaxing as her soft voice spoke to him Calm... You will be fine... We will see to that. he nodded mutely “yea, yea you’re right” he said gently, settling back with a sigh against the wall, her voice seeming to settle over him again, seeming to calm every nerve he had, a smile softly gracing his face as he looked up now, studying Lexa’s face she was beautiful, her voice was melodic, and friendly, calming, reaching up he took the glass she offered and sipped it, a warming sensation spreading through his body relaxed him more, “mmmm what……this is good…” he suddenly felt tired, his body relaxed as he sipped more, the warmth spreading throughout his muscles, the tingling and sparks in his vision seemed to clear “I don’t know why……..but I trust you………I know I shouldn’t…..” he looked into his eyes again, realizing he’d been staring into the cup, he felt he needed to look her in the eyes, but just didn’t know why,
 
Why... Shouldn't you trust me?

Reaching a hand out to guide him to one of the tattoo chairs to rest more comfortably.
 
Why... Shouldn't you trust me? Travis blinked up at her, “I…..i don’t know……” he said, his voice seeming distant, he was relaxed, almost in a trance as she helped him to his feet, happy to be off the floor he relaxed back against the chair she’d offered him, closing his eyes and he smiled slightly, just the merest hint of a smile, and exhaled slowly. His body felt light, and soon he found himself drifting off to the white noise of the room. He fought, trying to keep his eyes open, but the smiling female that stared at him, her eyes, and he fall into a light slumber
 
She smiled.

How strong of a batch did you make for him?

He's human so it doesn't take much to heal them remember I am well trained thank you

Her partner teased but he saw the look behind the look in her eyes. The last time she fell for some suit she almost ended up in some experiment.
 
How strong of a batch did you make for him? The man merely shrugged, half an hour later Travis finally groaned, is eyes blinking open slowly he rubbed his head, yawning, muttering to himself about having passed out drunk again and leaving the lights on, shielding his eyes he sat up, and nearly fell off the chair as he went to roll to his side, grabbing whatever her could quickly he gave a startled gasp, his eyes flying open as he looked around, his eyes wild as he seemed in an unfamiliar place, then his brain started functioning again he relaxed, “ohh, yea, ok…” he said softly, taking stock of the situation he looked to the women sitting beside him “I passed out didn’t it? Im sorry, I dunno what came over me…” he said around another yawn, “look, ive inconvienced you enough, I think I should get a cab and head home, ill find my car in the morning” he said softly around another yawn, shaking head he was unsteady on his feet for a moment then looked to the women Luxa “you have really beautiful eyes…they fit you” he said, “anyone have the number for a cab? I need to get home and in the morning im calling the mayor, figure out whats going on…but im not giving up on the water front..” he said, straightening his suit jacket and squaring his shoulders “I AM going to redevelop this area, you can either help me, or pay the rent..” of course it was only after he spoke those words he realized he should have shut his mouth, he wasn’t home free yet….”
 
She pointed to the phone and handed him the card of the only cab driver who had the balls to enter Miner's Row. She knew the Mayor would not break a centuries old agreement but she would place a bright and early phone call if she had to. Even if she had to make the wife think it was some affair calling him.

No one owns Miner's Row but those that call it home... Your waterfront is a block away from us at least and it will stay that way.

There was a hiss buried in her words like an irate rattler coiled to strike. Luck for him that strike was going to be aimed at the mayor if he didn't correct this young man's thinking.
 
No one owns Miner's Row but those that call it home... Your waterfront is a block away from us at least and it will stay that way. He took the card and moved to the phone her assistant showed him the phone, he kept looking up at the rag tag bunch of people around him but found his eyes straying back to the women time and time again, After giving the address for pick up travis grabbed his torn suit coat off the seat he’d woken up in, he knew come morning he would be calling the mayor, if not the police about everything that happened. He remained quiet for the little while it took the taxi to arrive, he was still groggy, and felt like he’d been drugged but he felt confident that he’d remember everything once he got some rest. Finally the Cab arrived and he managed to find his way out under his own steam. No words were left to be exchanged, or at least he thought so as he looked back to the women “thanks, I guess, I’ll ahhh, I’ll have someone come find my car in the morning, maybe the army..” he tried to joke and closed the door giving the cabby his address the trip was quick and uneventful for which he was grateful for. Paying his tab he dragged himself from the vehicle, the door man rushing to his side concerned. He offered few details as they took the elevator to his penthouse. Dismissing the bellmen the moved to his kitchen, grabbing a drink glass, bourbon and some ice he quickly poured and picked up the glass, downing half of it as he walked to his couch, the cold glass pressed to his head.

He just sat there, heard his laptop in his bedroom ding he had new mail. But Travis was not paying attention to anything, except those weird eyes, and exotic voice that kept replaying in his head, Travis wasn’t sure when it happened, but the last thing he’d remembered was setting the glass on the coffee table, then he passed out. Hard.
 
Bright and early Lexa sat across from the Mayor and the city planners.

Some suit got jumped in Miner's Row... A couple of blocks away from that riverfront he said he is developing and claimed he was going to be our landlord?

The mayor quickly cleared his throat and started to talk but it came out stammering as he said.

I... I was... Going to show... Him the border but... Press conference... And... You know I know and uphold the contract sent down long ago about Miner's Row Lexa. I... I would never cross you on that... Minor oversight... But ... If you... Could help... Him... Your security forces being what they are and all.

The city planners held their collective breath waiting for her reply.
 
Travis crashed hard when he made it home, it wasn’t until his assistant woke him the next morning. Groggy still he felt better, what minor cuts and scrapes he’d had seemed to be gone, or nothing more then a pink scar. After a mug of coffee his assistant brought him up to speed on the mornings dealings and handed him a new cellphone he hopped into his BMW and headed to the Mayor’s office, his anger over the previous night returning he parked and walked into City hall, the secretary trying to stop him claiming the mayor was in another meeting he stormed into the office, and slammed the doors behind him, drawing up short as he saw the women from the other night looking more then a little perturbed, he cleared his throat and proceeded, tugging his suit jacket he laid his briefcase on the mayors desk and cleared his throat “good, everyone that needs to be in this meeting is here, Now listen Jim, I don’t know what the fuck you think youre pulling, but I had my secretary pull all of our email’s and the voicemail you left me yesterday”

He popped open his briefcase and took out several sheets of paper, Tossing them on the table in front of the women, papers detailing emails regarding the waterfront “In its entirety up to and including the land leading to the downtown district and abandoned warehousing, flats and condemned buildings and miners row to the tune of several hundred million dollars of redevelopment and contracts. Crossing his arms Travis nearly growled as he spoke again “So whats going on here Jim, cause obviously she” pops a thumb in Luxa’s direction “Has a serious issue with our arrangement and agreement, “ he turned to look to Luxa “I do however, owe you a thank you for helping me last night, I assure you, once we figure out whats going on here, the kindness will be repayed, however you so wish it to be, name it and I will see it done” he looked back to the Mayor, who looked visably shaken, his eyes darting back and forth between the two of them “ummm…………..ummm……..i uhhh………….i don’t know………” he muttered out, and Travis arched a brow and leaned down his knuckles pressing to the table top, the city council speechless and looking to the mayor for answers
 
The Mayor finally after thought pulled out a document clearly very very old and placed it on the table.

No map and no deal will ever allow the sale of Miner's Row Travis. We were never truly able to officially line out your development line. Lexa is right Miner's Row is not part of the deal.
 
Travis looked at the document, the skepticism clear on his face as he read it, then read it again, not recognizing the signatures on the paper “and what court or what judge approved this? This appears almost centuries old, and I doubt the authenticity of it if I challenged this in court im more then willing to bet I’d win” he sighed and laid the paper back on the table then looked to Lexa, trying hard to keep the glare off his face “So since you seem to be pulling strings here, and from what I remember of last night you appear to be the women in charge, I want that water front, all of it, Low income housing, new piers and docks for shipping and commerce, tourist shops, the big biker bouncer looking fellow last night said something about your crews running Miner’s row, what are you? Mafia? Bloods? Crypts? Mob?” he looked her over, her features, her build and stance “Italian mafia princess?” he rubbed his face as he felt his cellphone vibrate in his pocket but he ignored it “you helped me, and you didn’t have to, let me, help you, think of the new business it would bring to your area, new customer’s for your tattoo shop, I could fold you in as private security, you can keep the area yours, im not a bad man to work for, I’d be willing to even drop money to renovate that hovel you call a shop, buy you a bigger building, anything, name it” *he met her eyes, an arrogant, defiant swagger to his body language, but he was relaxed, genuine in his offer of friendship and willingness to help, and he’d always prided himself on being able to make a sale, and he thought the offer he gave her was more then sufficient to repay her for what she did for him”
 
Standing Lexa clearly had everyone in the room on edge at that simple action. The mayor reaching as if in silent pleading.

You leave Miner's Row the fuck alone suit and as for those little rats you mentioned... You wish I was that easy to deal with.

Her eyes almost boiling like rolling lava I their strange unearthly way as she stared him down not impressed with his offer in the slightest.

The mayor stammered to continue...

Travis... Miner's Row starts... two blocks ...from the river front... you have the whole riverfront... That document is part of town charter... Even if you back out over this Travis I can't let you touch Miner's Row. His... historical reasons... I am sure you can understand that.
 
Back
Top