Daddy's Little Girl: Second Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything for champagne, dahlink

I'll bring the sippy cups

3556907868_a557a1a2c5_z.jpg

Thanks for the answers, ladies. And BFG for getting it and chatting with me a bit.
Love you.

Ladies, do you find a time that your Daddy is too protective?

**clear throat**

Um. I realize you specifically mentioned "ladies," but I've been ruminating a bit and thought I might offer my opinion if I may (with the obvious proviso that I'm still trying to work out just what label might apply to me)?

So, here's the thing. A couple of the posts in reply made me long for my old armor and sword. Well, okay, my old sword since I never actually got the armor finished before she took away my tools.

But, I think it's possible for a Daddy to be overprotective even without the obvious abuse that rends my heart to read about. A "helicopter Daddy" if I might be so bold.

And it's something that I've fought against an inclination in myself. My kneejerk reaction is that if I see harm coming, I will put myself in the way of it. It's a need every bit as abiding and deep as some here have to allow their little to come out to play. I need to know that I have done good and stood between her and the harm I saw.

But... Well, from time to time, I have been just a little too fast to strap on my shining... nope, scratch that. My dented and pitted dark armor and whistle for my charger.

I don't know. The only answer I have been able to find for myself is that if I am somehow forcing her to be smaller than she wants to be, then I am not helping her so much as controlling (if rather less than some have shared) her from my own selfish desires and it's time for me to "step the fuck off."

I have no problem with being her shelter in the inevitable storms. I very much desire it in fact.

But, when the skies are clear and she needs a perch to launch herself from to spread her wings and fly, I want to be that too.

And still remain the shelter for her to come back to when she's done spreading her awesomeness for another day.

I don't know. That's probably all about as clear as mud.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that she can choose to be a little to me, but if I am somehow making her become smaller than she wishes to be in order to fit, then I need to spend more time growing larger. However large she needs me to grow.

**leaves a pile of organic lollipops behind as he stumps off in search of something else to Puck up**

**clear throat**

Um. I realize you specifically mentioned "ladies," but I've been ruminating a bit and thought I might offer my opinion if I may (with the obvious proviso that I'm still trying to work out just what label might apply to me)?

So, here's the thing. A couple of the posts in reply made me long for my old armor and sword. Well, okay, my old sword since I never actually got the armor finished before she took away my tools.

But, I think it's possible for a Daddy to be overprotective even without the obvious abuse that rends my heart to read about. A "helicopter Daddy" if I might be so bold.

And it's something that I've fought against an inclination in myself. My kneejerk reaction is that if I see harm coming, I will put myself in the way of it. It's a need every bit as abiding and deep as some here have to allow their little to come out to play. I need to know that I have done good and stood between her and the harm I saw.

But... Well, from time to time, I have been just a little too fast to strap on my shining... nope, scratch that. My dented and pitted dark armor and whistle for my charger.

I don't know. The only answer I have been able to find for myself is that if I am somehow forcing her to be smaller than she wants to be, then I am not helping her so much as controlling (if rather less than some have shared) her from my own selfish desires and it's time for me to "step the fuck off."

I have no problem with being her shelter in the inevitable storms. I very much desire it in fact.

But, when the skies are clear and she needs a perch to launch herself from to spread her wings and fly, I want to be that too.

And still remain the shelter for her to come back to when she's done spreading her awesomeness for another day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that she can choose to be a little to me, but if I am somehow making her become smaller than she wishes to be in order to fit, then I need to spend more time growing larger. However large she needs me to grow.

**leaves a pile of organic lollipops behind as he stumps off in search of something else to Puck up**

Um...yeah.

Puck, have I told you that you always leave me thinking with new insights and perspective?

:heart:

Angel, I apologise. I guess I didn't understand the question. I promise that my comments were not at all intended to cause any pain or mental anguish. I truly did not think that Fara was referring to abusive or irrational levels of control. I sincerely thought we were talking about "too protective" in healthy DD/lg relationships and my comments reflected that...I thought.
I, too, was in an abusive, controlling relationship at one time. It was only through some not-so-divine intervention that I avoided marrying my son's father. I would have been in a very similar situation to yours if that had happened.
My heart goes out to you. I'll be sending you blessings and hoping for a resolution.
I would like to apologise to everyone else for bumbling around like the insensitive, clueless, socially inept nerdette that I am.
I love that you are all so supportive and I appreciate you all. Take care of yourselves.

A Note From Wild Honey

She sends her love and very best wishes to all of us in this thread...

The only exception is LanceGibs! :rolleyes:

**clear throat**

I hadn’t thought if it from this perspective, thank you for sharing. 🌸

Ange,

You are not alone. I can go into what I lived with for 20 years, bit I won't. I still have nightmares and I don't want to dredge it up. Suffice to say, much of what you said is what I referred to in my "dominating vs domineering" rant. It's why I said run, and that I should have listened to my gut instincts.

I'm sorry you're going through this. My heart aches for you.

I need to go cry now.

Hugs.

I didn't read what sassy pants wrote. I know it already and she was right when she told me not to before work.

I know from when we spoke before you went through bad shit. I'm sorry for that.

I'm kind of understanding, slowly that in many ways my own marriage was almost abusive. Not sure I'm prepared to admit that totally to myself yet but something happened earlier in the week that was her at her manipulative worst.

Sassy pants was there for me to talk to and it helped immeasurably.

A lot of talk about protection... Do you ladies realise how much you can protect us too?

O____0 I need this bear in my life. Lol.

Funnily I HAVE a picture of me at 13 curled up in a bear just about that size at the Arnold Palmer SATT office on my graduation from counseling. I'd pretty much claimed said bear as my chair for the year I was there.

I miss that bear. Good picture. It took doing to log back in today.

Angel, I apologise. I guess I didn't understand the question. I promise that my comments were not at all intended to cause any pain or mental anguish. I truly did not think that Fara was referring to abusive or irrational levels of control. I sincerely thought we were talking about "too protective" in healthy DD/lg relationships and my comments reflected that...I thought.
I, too, was in an abusive, controlling relationship at one time. It was only through some not-so-divine intervention that I avoided marrying my son's father. I would have been in a very similar situation to yours if that had happened.
My heart goes out to you. I'll be sending you blessings and hoping for a resolution.
I would like to apologise to everyone else for bumbling around like the insensitive, clueless, socially inept nerdette that I am.
I love that you are all so supportive and I appreciate you all. Take care of yourselves.

Hugs TIGHTLY honey I know that. My reply was zero zero zero percent meant to snap. It was ... I dunno who reads who lurks..but I needed to address what healthy wonderful can morph into before you even realize. I needed anyone reading to know there IS such a thing... it's ok to say NO and you should. If it resonates with any one reading that was my add to BFGs RUN.
It was also me having to for one minute acknowledge what real Is that I can't deal with 360 days of the year. I'm sorry and not that I let it all hang out.

But in no way did YOU cause me pain. YOU are the only friends I have. You are my angels.

O____0 I need this bear in my life. Lol.

Funnily I HAVE a picture of me at 13 curled up in a bear just about that size at the Arnold Palmer SATT office on my graduation from counseling. I'd pretty much claimed said bear as my chair for the year I was there.

I miss that bear. Good picture. It took doing to log back in today.

A big hug to you for having gone through hell and a fist thump to your Welshman who has given you solace .

**clear throat**

This.... this is good protective.
This is correct imho. Save me from the dragons don't let them get Me, but don't let me hide from them either. Teach me to make my own armor and use it too.

Irony alert... my real father the first shit who hurt me was an Olympic fencer and taught me at 5. The scene in Ever after " you will give me my freedom or I will slit you from navel to nose. My father was an excellent swordsman. He trained me well."

Hugs.

I didn't read what sassy pants wrote. I know it already and she was right when she told me not to before work.

I know from when we spoke before you went through bad shit. I'm sorry for that.

I'm kind of understanding, slowly that in many ways my own marriage was almost abusive. Not sure I'm prepared to admit that totally to myself yet but something happened earlier in the week that was her at her manipulative worst.

Sassy pants was there for me to talk to and it helped immeasurably.

A lot of talk about protection... Do you ladies realise how much you can protect us too?

Thank you, EW. I do recall explaining why I was locked in my bedroom when he was there visiting the kids during our separation and a few things, just not in depth. No one wants to be a burden, and I tried to always be upbeat, fun, and flirty in threads... and cautious about my life.

I know I get protective of E. But, I get that way over all my friends. I will take more of people being bad to me than people being bad to my friends. That's when the bat comes out and I want to use it.

Maybe this isn't related, but I know when he's having a bad day, just talking to him about it helps him feel better. Not that I have any magic cure, but it helps to put things in perspective. Like he's done for me this afternoon with my freezer fiasco, losing everything, and THE STENCH in days of 112°+ .

The beauty of the relationship is being able to be there for each other. That's why I put 69 in my name. Relationships are giving and taking, sometimes one gives more and carries the other through...and, then, it's their turn to lean on the other.

I love being there for my Daddy. It's not simply because I'm submissive or little, but it is a big part of who I am.

I will add, yesterday became hard for me in this thread. It flipped my world again. I truly appreciate TheFirmHand stepping in to turn things for me. Not to mention bears and cake, right? I'm not supposed to say he's a sweetheart, he will glare at me through the screen. Shhhh, don't say anything, 'kay?

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Puck. I knew him before and LOVED his stories/posts. That hasn't changed at all. I hope you're feeling better today, Puck.

Once again, ladies and gents, you are all some of my favorite people. Love ya, ~bfg~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back