~ House of Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me. Have been swallowed up by the mess that is my childrens' bedroom. If you have received this message, please send help. I only have a few minutes before th

*opens the door seeing piles of clothes on the floor. looks around for anything recognizable*

Blu.....you in here? I stopped by to say Hi. :)

*opens the door seeing piles of clothes on the floor. looks around for anything recognizable*

Blu.....you in here? I stopped by to say Hi. :)

*A hand rises from the pile of clothes and toys*

A muffled voice cries out "Here. I'm here."

Cover Charge? Sat. 11/17

Okay guys I admit, I was so traumatized by cleaning my kids' rooms I forgot to post a cover charge. Ooooops.

So looks like you lucked out! Free drinks tonight. Or better yet. We can play ask Blu! Tonight you get to ask me whatever you want.

Of course I don't know how long I will be around, so you better ask quickly! :D

Blu :kiss:

Okay guys I admit, I was so traumatized by cleaning my kids' rooms I forgot to post a cover charge. Ooooops.

So looks like you lucked out! Free drinks tonight. Or better yet. We can play ask Blu! Tonight you get to ask me whatever you want.

a shot of Jameson, please. :)

How are you, Ms. Blu?

You got it, Sunshine!

I am doing okay. A couple glasses of wine have helped to steady my nerves. [laughs]

How about you? Did you get your work done for the day? Get any time to yourself? :)

If you call ignoring the kids fighting spending time by myself...then yes. LMAO

It's been a fairly lazy day. got some homework done......watched football. thinkging about going off and reading.

If you call ignoring the kids fighting spending time by myself...then yes. LMAO

It's been a fairly lazy day. got some homework done......watched football. thinkging about going off and reading.

You should definitely do whatever you want. You have earned it! Heck I have earned it! We have earned it.

I, however, am getting a little tipsy so what I want is probably a bad thing. [laughs]

Cover Charge Sun 11/18

Happy Sunday my Darlings! Ah the start of the holiday week. Time to grocery shop and even begin planning for that famous (or perhaps infamous is the better word) shopping day. But today I am simply relaxing and taking a moment to think of what I like best about Thanksgiving~ Family.

I love Thanksgiving morning when I get to sit around and sip mimosas with my mother and sister. When the family chatters and the kids play. Sneaking tastes of my mom's stuffing and helping to set the table.

And seeing as how it is about family, I have to ask... do you have a favorite relative. I hate to admit it but I do. All through my childhood and even now I have a special place in my heart for my uncle. His voice makes me smile and when I was a child I loved going to visit him. He is a true Southern gentleman and simply a very kind, gracious man, with a wicked sense of humor. I remember as a child sitting in the room and watching people gather around him just to laugh and enjoy his good nature.

So who is your favorite family member? And why?

I have an absolutely massive family - my father has six sisters and four brothers, and my mum has four sisters and four brothers. Thanks to this, there's a rather large disparity in the ages of my relatives - I have cousins who are 20 years older than me (I'm the second youngest in my generation on my mum's side, and third youngest on my dad's side).

Because of this, my favourite relative is my nephew (my cousin's son), who is 6 years older than me! We get along really well and have a lot of similar interests, even though we only met when I was 18.

I think for westerners my cousin's children are defined differently? For chinese, cousins are like brothers and sisters, so their children are nephews and nieces to us.

I have an absolutely massive family - my father has six sisters and four brothers, and my mum has four sisters and four brothers. Thanks to this, there's a rather large disparity in the ages of my relatives - I have cousins who are 20 years older than me (I'm the second youngest in my generation on my mum's side, and third youngest on my dad's side).

Because of this, my favourite relative is my nephew (my cousin's son), who is 6 years older than me! We get along really well and have a lot of similar interests, even though we only met when I was 18.

I think for westerners my cousin's children are defined differently? For chinese, cousins are like brothers and sisters, so their children are nephews and nieces to us.

I get the whole massive family thing. I too have a pretty large family. Not only are we a big bunch, we tend to be pretty loud too. [laughs]

You know AFM, I don't think I have ever asked what you are drinking. And now that I think about it that is just wrong, considering this is a bar! So what can I get you sugar?

And yeah for westerners your cousin's children would still be your cousins. I believe, but hey to my mind family is family. :D

I get the whole massive family thing. I too have a pretty large family. Not only are we a big bunch, we tend to be pretty loud too. [laughs]

You know AFM, I don't think I have ever asked what you are drinking. And now that I think about it that is just wrong, considering this is a bar! So what can I get you sugar?

And yeah for westerners your cousin's children would still be your cousins. I believe, but hey to my mind family is family. :D

I'm think I have said this before, but my drink of choice is an Old Fashioned. I rate bartenders on how well they can make one of those ;)

How can cousin's children still be cousins? :confused:

I'm think I have said this before, but my drink of choice is an Old Fashioned. I rate bartenders on how well they can make one of those ;)

How can cousin's children still be cousins? :confused:

Okay I think technically your nephew would actually be your 1st cousin once removed. I say technically because the whole once removed things stems from generational issues and in your case there isn't a technical generation between the two of you. But I still think the term is applicable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin#Second_cousins_once_removed

If you go here you can see a chart that explains how we define it. I know somewhat confusing. :eek:

And how about an Original Old Fashioned?

2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 dash bitters
1 tsp mineral water
1 tsp sugar

Pour the sugar, bitters and water into a mixing glass half-filled with cracked ice. Stir well until dissolved. Pour over cracked ice in an old-fashioned glass, and stir in the bourbon whiskey. Garnish with a twist of lemon, and serve.

How'd I do? :kiss:

Okay I think technically your nephew would actually be your 1st cousin once removed. I say technically because the whole once removed things stems from generational issues and in your case there isn't a technical generation between the two of you. But I still think the term is applicable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin#Second_cousins_once_removed

If you go here you can see a chart that explains how we define it. I know somewhat confusing. :eek:

And how about an Original Old Fashioned?

2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 dash bitters
1 tsp mineral water
1 tsp sugar

Pour the sugar, bitters and water into a mixing glass half-filled with cracked ice. Stir well until dissolved. Pour over cracked ice in an old-fashioned glass, and stir in the bourbon whiskey. Garnish with a twist of lemon, and serve.

How'd I do? :kiss:

Sheesh - I think I'd rather just call them my nephews and nieces!

Very good. I've had variations which use dried tangerine/orange peel, set it alight and then doused in the cocktail to give it that citrus flavour ;)

well can I do mouthto mouth on you; i know what kid's can do to their rooms trust me. Even my "kids" (19 & 23) can create havoc.

Sheesh - I think I'd rather just call them my nephews and nieces!

Very good. I've had variations which use dried tangerine/orange peel, set it alight and then doused in the cocktail to give it that citrus flavour ;)

Yeah it can get confusing. :eek:

Now the setting a drink on fire sounds dangerous but interesting. Doesn't it takes burnt? :confused:

well can I do mouthto mouth on you; i know what kid's can do to their rooms trust me. Even my "kids" (19 & 23) can create havoc.

[laughs]

PA you always have a way of answering last night's cover. Tonight is a different question. :rolleyes:

Who is your favorite relative and why?

Yeah it can get confusing. :eek:

Now the setting a drink on fire sounds dangerous but interesting. Doesn't it takes burnt? :confused:

Nah - by the time the ice has melted down and diluted the bourbon, its safe to dunk the peel in - the fire just goes out and you're left with a nice hint of citrus ;)

Nah - by the time the ice has melted down and diluted the bourbon, its safe to dunk the peel in - the fire just goes out and you're left with a nice hint of citrus ;)

Huh. I would try that but I am a bit of a klutz and would probably set my house on fire. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back