A question about Pot

ILienBagby

Experienced
Here is my quandary: I tried to be as honest as possible when I joined Literotica and began to fill out the requested profile questions. The one question that baffled me was the question about smoking. Did I smoke or not? I assume the question refers to cigarettes. I quit smoking cigarettes (and cigars) more than 25 years ago. Still, I do smoke pot just about every day and have been doing so for more than 40 years. I left the answer about smoking as "No Answer." My problem is that smoking pot informs my writing (and my reading) (and certainly my grammar) to a varying extent and, for that reason I feel badly about my "No Answer" answer, first because some readers of the profile would have to assume that I smoke cigarettes (something I do NOT want anyone to think about me), and secondly, I feel strongly that it is time for those who smoke pot to come out of the closet---especially those of us who live in those still benighted states where pot continues to be banned.
Any comments?

As this is not a site used by the security services to quiz people, I suggest you just do the best you can with answers and don't sweat on what you call a tricky one.
Lets face it, you're hear for writing, not a government job.

I left a lot of the questions with "no answer." The one of smoking has more to do with hookup shopping than story posting, so I just considered it irrelevant to why I was using Literotica. I just ignored it.

If you feel strongly towards the subject of pot, add it into your comments about yourself in your profile, or in your sig line. I'm pro-marijuana, so I include it in my stories if it has a place.

I shall be subtle, and distinguish between smoking and toking. One tokes cannabis. One smokes other substances. Well, I suppose one tokes opium, too, and maybe jimson weed (datura), and coleus, hydrangea, California poppies, henbane, Scotch broom, etc. But one does NOT generally toke tobacco -- not more than once, anyway. :rolleyes:

IMHO 'smoking' is shorthand for "regularly drinking tobacco smoke" and implies addiction. "Do you smoke?" thus means, "Are you a tobacco junkie?" IMHO a pot-only toker can answer, 'No'.

Me? I toke (cannabis) as needed. I have a scrip. I smoke (tobacco) very very infrequently -- a cigar or cigarillo every few months. Mmmm, vanilla-bean cigarillos from Veracruz are nice... I no longer inhale fumes of burning poppies, daturas, or other such substances. Except when I scorch foods. ;)

much informatioo

I shall be subtle, and distinguish between smoking and toking. One tokes cannabis. One smokes other substances. Well, I suppose one tokes opium, too, and maybe jimson weed (datura), and coleus, hydrangea, California poppies, henbane, Scotch broom, etc. But one does NOT generally toke tobacco -- not more than once, anyway. :rolleyes:

IMHO 'smoking' is shorthand for "regularly drinking tobacco smoke" and implies addiction. "Do you smoke?" thus means, "Are you a tobacco junkie?" IMHO a pot-only toker can answer, 'No'.

Me? I toke (cannabis) as needed. I have a scrip. I smoke (tobacco) very very infrequently -- a cigar or cigarillo every few months. Mmmm, vanilla-bean cigarillos from Veracruz are nice... I no longer inhale fumes of burning poppies, daturas, or other such substances. Except when I scorch foods. ;)

I will try to remember all that you said but my short term memory retention got short circuited a few years ago.

When I bought a new life insurance policy a few years ago, I disclosed that I smoke pot in the area where it asked about cigars. I am a non smoker, and quit cigars altogether a few years ago too. They actually sent the lady back to me (the one who does the housec-call physical) to do a urine test (pot screening). Hehehe. She made it sound like I was the first person to ever admit to smoking pot on a life insurance app.

I will try to remember all that you said but my short term memory retention got short circuited a few years ago.
Blame the LSD. Morning glory seeds? Hawai'ian baby woodrose seeds? Them too. Ergot-infested rye grain? Oh yeah.

A notoriously wiped comedian said, "If you can remember [a certain drug-infested era] you weren't really there." What is the last year you missed?

Smoke, toke, ingest, any way you can get it, do it. I grow my own and have had several discussion here at the AH about marijuana, its benefits, and its legalization.

Pot, the devils weed.

You'll go blind if you smoke that stuff. Of course you might go blind if you don't. It all depends on the alignment of the stars and planets.

Oh and the number 420 actually has nothing to do with smoking pot, no matter what the potheads think or say.

Pot, the devils weed.

You'll go blind if you smoke that stuff. Of course you might go blind if you don't. It all depends on the alignment of the stars and planets.

Oh and the number 420 actually has nothing to do with smoking pot, no matter what the potheads think or say.

Do you go blind if you masturbate while smoking pot?

Do you go blind if you masturbate while smoking pot?
Only if you don't.

:)

Meanwhile, I recall an old hypothesis that hallucinogenic plants were a major factor in the evolution of human cognition. Those who got high saw things and thought differently, more creatively, eventually more effectively. Next time you read anything, thank a magic mushroom.

I have to pee in a cup too often to indulge in my former favorite hobby. I often wonder if I still lived in CO would I have to pee in cups anymore.....

I have to pee in a cup too often to indulge in my former favorite hobby. I often wonder if I still lived in CO would I have to pee in cups anymore.....

Just because the state says it's legal doesn't mean your terms of employment change. Especially if your company contracts with the Federal Government.

Back