Conversations

I agree that it allows for everyone to lose there masks which one would figure allows people to truly communicate but finding someone you can hold a conversation with still seems few and far between in my opinion.maybe it is me????

I think it is just a matter of finding people whom aren't in a rush, on your same wave length and are interested in having a true conversation. Maybe that is a hard combination, but from my experience I get to have regular conversations. Maybe I have been lucky. I think it also matters on where you are looking for conversations.

I agree that it allows for everyone to lose there masks which one would figure allows people to truly communicate but finding someone you can hold a conversation with still seems few and far between in my opinion.maybe it is me????

True some still find it easier than others, but all it takes is for you to hit it off with the right person(s)

Resolutions

My New Years resolutions:

Work less and enjoy life more
Pay more attention to family and friends
Try to find balance that always seems elude me
More play time

A question for Ferreus where are you finding conversations? Mine come in sporadic waves.

Hoping for a peaceful year.

Duplicate post due to slow connection or server.

Last edited:
My New Years resolutions:

Work less and enjoy life more
Pay more attention to family and friends
Try to find balance that always seems elude me
More play time

A question for Ferreus where are you finding conversations? Mine come in sporadic waves.

Hoping for a peaceful year.

Good luck in your resolutions, Exploration2. :)

I normally find them in a few organizations that I frequently attend in real life. I don't get to have stimulating conversations all the time mind you, but I think having a group that has a common interest and is passionate about said interest helps to cut down on the small talk.

I have more infrequent conversations via online. I think it somewhat boils down to windows of opportunity, since everyone schedules don't mesh up, etc.

Cheers,

Ferreus

Conversationalism has died with the onset of i-Things and texting. Don't recall the last handwritten letter I sent. What have we become?

On the other hand, I love to chit-chat and debate as a whole. To get a group discussing particulars is exciting (not sexually). It feeds one of my biggest interests...watching/analyzing people.

Appreciation

I started this thread with the premise that I might find some interesting conversation partners. I have not been disappointed. I have had the great fortune of making some wonderful friends here. A good friendship is like a nice bottle of wine. It makes you relax and let go. Allows the mind to flow and wander. A good friendship gets better with age. I truly do appreciate my friends. It is the middle of Jan and so far so good on the New Year's resolution.

I started this thread with the premise that I might find some interesting conversation partners. I have not been disappointed. I have had the great fortune of making some wonderful friends here. A good friendship is like a nice bottle of wine. It makes you relax and let go. Allows the mind to flow and wander. A good friendship gets better with age. I truly do appreciate my friends. It is the middle of Jan and so far so good on the New Year's resolution.

Excellent to hear! :)

Perpective

Nothing gives perspective like standing under a beautiful tree. The perfect harmony of nature. She will grow and provide shade and shelter. Kids and squirrels will climb her branches. Birds will make their homes in her. In life it will provide us with the air we need. Eventually, she will perish but in doing so will provide nourishment to a whole ecosystem from the soil to the rivers, and from the vegetables we eat to the fish we consume. All she asks is that we leave her alone. She will do all these things for us free of charge.

Nothing gives perspective like standing under a beautiful tree. The perfect harmony of nature. She will grow and provide shade and shelter. Kids and squirrels will climb her branches. Birds will make their homes in her. In life it will provide us with the air we need. Eventually, she will perish but in doing so will provide nourishment to a whole ecosystem from the soil to the rivers, and from the vegetables we eat to the fish we consume. All she asks is that we leave her alone. She will do all these things for us free of charge.

what beautiful words.

Campfires

After a long absence.

Campfires are amazing things. The dancing of the flames can be mesmerizing. My worries and stresses melt away with the warm glow of the fire. No two are exactly the same. Some are roaring monsters, others are quiet moments of reflection. Some involve loud laughter others the whispered utterances of lovers. They give us warmth and comfort. Light and joy, but if you get too close, they will burn. Some of the best and most sincere conversations I have had, have been sitting around a campfire with a bottle of beer, letting the mind wander.

Smiles

Smiles are often the start of human interactions. They can be sincere or formal. Coy or kind. She or inviting. Smiles do wonders for the brain. Smiles bathe our brains' in Dopamine. The happy neurotransmitter. Simply turning the corners of our lips up does the trick. To smiles.

you attract them?

Something like that... Actually I'm finding my most interesting conversations are with people who are slightly bonkers, so have considered revising that sig. Jury is still out - not sure "some nutters" will work as well.

Something like that... Actually I'm finding my most interesting conversations are with people who are slightly bonkers, so have considered revising that sig. Jury is still out - not sure "some nutters" will work as well.

what about "nutters with only a 70% chance of nuttery" :D

Last edited:
Bump

Just a little bump for Exploration! Good luck my good fellow!

Adrift

We all seem to be a adrift in our own wide oceans. Sometimes the person we spend the most time with knows us the least, and a chance acquaintance may learn our deepest thoughts. Sometimes the problem is our own facade and sometimes its the other persons wall, usually its both. Its strange how we form connections. The anonymity of online interactions in a strange way lets us feel safe. Allowing us to drop our facades and be ourselves.

Back