**lovecraft68 loses bet - won't be posting at Literotica for a full year (2019)**

Look who's gloating over good posters leaving the board.

Oh yes. And more of those "good posters" (assholes) are gonna take off as this progresses.

You'll either get bored and leave too, or stick around for more of our laughter. Win / win for us - enjoy the ride, racist. :cool: :rose:
 
Lucky you.

The only real conversation I ever had with him was him trying to defend Lovecraft- because I said I didn't understand why anyone would choose that name.

I'm a horror junkie but I just don't get the appeal. I don't know why "fear of the unknown" is synonomous with the guy who didn't really do that... His stories were all fluff and filler with no real horror. He wants me to be scared of an ugly dude, Dr Zoidburg, the Zora from Zelda, and a 12-year-old who liked to read.

I just never got it.

Steven King is widely considered a hack, but he does cosmic horror better. Also how come I've seen 2 IT retellings in a visual media and I still ain't seen a single turtle? Like... do they not read the book before they make movies?

Edit: Not to keep harping on Lovecraft, but part of what bothers me is that those COULD be good stories, if they had a better writer. Those are good ideas trapped in terrible stories.

How the fuck are you gonna take a character like Jesse Turner, someone who is literally trapped between two worlds and cannot find his humanity because of his demon powers, yet who can't see himself as a demon, who spent his entire life trying to protect his brother both from the demonic influences that he knew were eating him alive, and from the humans who would NEVER understand him, even to the extent they accepted Jesse, because Jesse was human-passing and his brother wasn't. If we had gotten that same story from the perspective of Jesse as he wreastled with his identity and tried to protect his family, and eventually decided that he HAD to talk to his father and try to open a portal to hell where he felt his brother would be more accepted- which was his motivation- THAT WOULD BE A GOOD FUCKING STORY.

Lovecraft wanted Jesse, an abused child, to be a villian. He wanted his brother (I can't remember if he even had a name) to be an unknowable monster- even though everybody knows what a fucking demon is, like it's not a secret- so he told a shitty story. There's a LOT of potential there, and a lot of his stories are like that. They're stories that COULD have been good, if the author hadn't been shit.

In fact, works BASED off those ideas are often very good. The podcast "Welcome to Nightvale" has a character like Jesse as its main character- Cecil Palmer is strongly hinted to be half shogoth, just like Jesse. He has those same powers, that same access to hidden knowledge, the same weird childhood occurrences where he genuinely doesn't remember some of the things that happened to him because of their supernatural aspects- but the show is told from his perspective, and Cecil is very clearly human. That is, he sees himself as human, even though he has these abilities and fucked up shit happens to him, he's never treated as a monster. He has friends, he has a steady job working for a boss who is a cosmic horror entity (referred to only as "station management"), he has a crush that becomes a boyfriend that becomes a husband (dude is a paranormal investigator- Carlos the scientist, so you can see how that attraction would be a thing).

He also has the same demonic tendencies as Jesse and will abuse his powers, particularly his mind-control, to get people to do what he wants. He once had a barber banished from town and sent out into the desert to die because he cut Carlos's hair and Cecil likes it long. Not that he gave him a bad haircut, but that he did his job, like he had been asked to, by Carlos. Cecil didn't ask Carlos, or anyone else, he just did it.

But because we see these things from Cecil's perspective, he's still a good character, still a sympathetic character. He's what Jesse should have been.

Night Vale is an amazing show. Night Vale is what happens when you take those good ideas, those good characters, and give them to people who know how to write.

edit: One last thing and I'll leave it alone. The unknown is not scary- and part of why Night Vale works is because they understand that. It's not the unknown part of cosmic horror that makes it scary, it's when you KNOW something is evil and indifferent. Not knowing something is EXCITING.

Which is why the straight man is a scientist. Because then he can reinforce that fact. That though we should probably be more cautious than he is (he got trapped in an alternate dimension for a year because he just walked into a portal like a dumbass after he couldn't figure out what it was via scientific testing and couldn't find a subject to do it (likely because his team was only going to pay $5) and got stuck in the desert otherworld) that the goal, when presented with something unknown, should be to figure it out, and the emotion that most people feel is EXCITEMENT.

Because most people aren't boarderline agoraphobic shutins like Lovecraft is, and don't respond to every single external stimulus with fear. When Lovecraft's characters see half human half-tentacle monsters, they think, "Oh shit." When Carlos sees that, he thinks, "I've read enough hentai to know where this is going. I need to LOCK. THIS. DOWN. Ima put a ring on it."

05a928daba6614d6a9cddd2afdb4d08a7ad31cf1r1-795-1004v2_00.jpg
 
Last edited:
Tell us the truth rorbag, did you truly ever leave the boards?

I think not.

The alts and alt Friendly's were in place way beforehand.

Good try though.

Don't blame him if he plays your same game.
 
Happy to report that the dipshit known as lovecraft68 hasn't posted for over a month, thanks to my forcing him to join in on this wager.

The silence has been oh so lovely, hasn't it? :heart:
 
Happy to report that the dipshit known as lovecraft68 hasn't posted for over a month, thanks to my forcing him to join in on this wager.

The silence has been oh so lovely, hasn't it? :heart:





please, please makes bets with some more of his ilk!
 
Happy to report that the dipshit known as lovecraft68 hasn't posted for over a month, thanks to my forcing him to join in on this wager.

The silence has been oh so lovely, hasn't it? :heart:

I actually forgot dude was a part of this place until someone linked up an old thread he posted a couple of times in...:D

eh, at least he didn't welch on his announced ghosting like Eyer and Incel McRapeboi.
 
please, please makes bets with some more of his ilk!

They don't have the balls to take similar bets. This forum is their life. It'd be shotgun-in-the-mouth time for them if they lost. :(

The only reason lovecraft68 took the bet is because I forced him to, by calling him out when he challenged me. He didn't offer to on his own.

eh, at least he didn't welch on his announced ghosting like Eyer and Incel McRapeboi.

True. (Not so far, anyhow.) ;)
 
The only reason lovecraft68 took the bet is because I forced him to, by calling him out when he challenged me. He didn't offer to on his own.

He already had been trying to absence himself for nearly a year. And who's to say he's actually gone? There have been new knuckle draggers signing on since he last signed off.
 
I dunno, I guess I'll kind of miss him. Didn't get into it to often on the GB but he was pretty decent on the AH forum. Not a pretentious fuckwad (trust me I could name a few). Besides he called my writing style Felliniesque and was a fan of Baudelaire. Flattery gets you everywhere it seems.
ETA Altho I'd miss RoryN's threads, my inner goth loves those ghoulish threads.
 
Last edited:
Happy to report that the dipshit known as lovecraft68 hasn't posted for over a month, thanks to my forcing him to join in on this wager.

The silence has been oh so lovely, hasn't it? :heart:
^^^ I love it when manginas fight among themselves.
 
Huh, lookey there .....



attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Lookey_there.jpg
    Lookey_there.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3
Huh, lookey there .....



attachment.php

Yes, I've noted that. Either they haven't noted the return on the story side of the house or they don't particularly care, either/both of which must be a blow to the ego.
 
Must have been hiding on one or more of the other GeeBee IDs.
 
Whatevs. I'm just amused that he hasn't returned to the GB.

Getting spanked will do that to a person. :cool:

I think he'll be back--now that he's returned at all. I didn't give it thought, but if I had, I probably would have opined that he never really left. Just continued here with an alt.
 
Back
Top