LitChat for New Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malich

Avuncular Curmudgeon
Joined
Jul 28, 2005
Posts
3,131
With thanks to littleminx99 for the original idea for this thread!

Welcome to LitChat, we hope you enjoy your time here and to aid in that, here are a few things that might help you enjoy your stay. Don't take it all too personally or seriously. we are here to have fun

Firstly, the room 'leavers & joiners' scroll can be stopped by clicking on the little grey info button, bottom right below the list of users, this will allow or stop you seeing it.

Additionally, you can turn of the room sounds and temporarily disable the room scroll so you can see a specific message without it moving off the screen.

attachment.php


There are small arrows beside each name on the list at the right. Click it for a drop-down to read profiles, ignore someone or PM

attachment.php


A user with a grey star is a moderator / admin and are there to help you if you have a question or you see someone breaking the site rules. Mods are there to help and volunteer their time to chat. While you may not agree with their actions, please treat them with respect at all times. If you need help from a CM, there is a room called 'Chat Mods Office' where you can usually find a CM or leave a message.

If you have an issue with a moderator or moderator action, you can raise a comment on the Chat Support Forum here - http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

If you want to send someone a private message, you can click on their name and it will open a new window. But please be respectful when you do!

If you want to try different rooms, click the “+” symbol at the top of the page and then pick a new room from the list

attachment.php


The '+' sign at the top opens the other rooms list for you, then select one to join.
You can make your own room if you wish, it's an option at the bottom of the ‘room select’ ('+') as above. Please check there isn’t an existing room first before creating a new room.

Also, there are no “private” rooms on LitChat, any room you open can be entered by anyone. You can ask them, politely, to leave, but they are under no obligation to do so.

Everyone has a 'Profile' and you can configure yours to your own details here:https://www.literotica.com/my/#/user/profile. A profile is not mandatory, but will help people find you if you share a common interest.

Finally, before you dive too deep into chat, we STRONGLY recommend you make sure you are familiar with the Chat rules and the site Terms of Service (TOS). Please stay within them. Failing to do so may get you warned, kicked from the room, or totally banned from the site, depending on where you are stepping out of line.

Site Rules - https://forum.literotica.com/threads/chat-rules-for-2023.1590050/
TOS - https://www.literotica.com/stories/tos.php

Some things, advertising other sites, trolling, harassment and illegal activities can result in an immediate ban, so it is worth being sure what is, and is not, permitted.
 

Attachments

  • chat1.jpg
    chat1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 7,310
  • chat 2.jpg
    chat 2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 7,267
  • chat 3.jpg
    chat 3.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 6,839
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top