Three date rule?

redheadedtxn

loving life
So out of curiosity, how many dates do you go on with someone before you sleep with them? Heard someone say something last night about the "three date rule"...never heard of THAT before.

So out of curiosity, how many dates do you go on with someone before you sleep with them? Heard someone say something last night about the "three date rule"...never heard of THAT before.

Rules when it comes to dating are fucking stupid...

They're just made up to sell more magazines.

I've fucked on the first date, and I've not fucked after 3 or 4... It all depends on the situation and the people.

And yes, I've heard about this "rule" before... always thought it was dumb.

I'd say if everyone follows this rule, then guys would just have to wait 3 dates to get ladies in bed. Then what fun would that be lol

Rules when it comes to dating are fucking stupid...

They're just made up to sell more magazines.

I've fucked on the first date, and I've not fucked after 3 or 4... It all depends on the situation and the people.

And yes, I've heard about this "rule" before... always thought it was dumb.

Hell I've fucked and there's been NO date.

Really? I don't mean this as sarcastic, though there are still "rules" for dating? If I would like to have sex with a man, I did. Didn't matter which date. It was what mattered to me at the time. If I wanted a one night stand, so be it. If I wanted a relationship and I had sex with him on the first date and he thought less of me... so be it. I go with what I want and not what "rules'" say.

I've never held to the three date rule and actually don't "date" that much at all. The guys I've enjoyed are usually from a source of mutual interest; a friend who becomes more attractive at some point so we already know each other pretty well. The thing about "three dates" is that you should know by then if you want to have sex with them or let them go. A good second date snog will usually set the tone.

The "three date rule" seems to be something that might have been printed in Cosmo in the '60's. I suppose it goes to the notion that women who have sex on the first date or "no real date" are sluts and women who won't "put out" to a guy after he's spent money and time for three dates is just a tease. I've always been a person that that has felt like most rules are meant to be bent and rules without logic are meant to be broken.

On the other hand, I personally would not be too inclined to think highly of women who had pick-up sex or first date sex. But I also know I have no right to judge. I can't believe I'm saying that, given that I've had the joy and privilege of knowing a reasonable number of women over the years. Still, for me, only one of them has been a quick hook up and bang. I've always been one to want several dates to get to know someone because (dare a guy say this?) sex was never the only thing I wanted. I've always wanted at least some level of "frienship", "compatibility", something more than just a crotch, even when I was a young buck in college. Sorry to bust the male myth.

The "three date rule" seems to be something that might have been printed in Cosmo in the '60's. I suppose it goes to the notion that women who have sex on the first date or "no real date" are sluts and women who won't "put out" to a guy after he's spent money and time for three dates is just a tease. I've always been a person that that has felt like most rules are meant to be bent and rules without logic are meant to be broken.

On the other hand, I personally would not be too inclined to think highly of women who had pick-up sex or first date sex. But I also know I have no right to judge. I can't believe I'm saying that, given that I've had the joy and privilege of knowing a reasonable number of women over the years. Still, for me, only one of them has been a quick hook up and bang. I've always been one to want several dates to get to know someone because (dare a guy say this?) sex was never the only thing I wanted. I've always wanted at least some level of "frienship", "compatibility", something more than just a crotch, even when I was a young buck in college. Sorry to bust the male myth.

Why? Are you not doing the same thing if you're fucking her? What makes it ok for you to enjoy/express YOUR sexuality, but not HER?

:rolleyes:

Really? I don't mean this as sarcastic, though there are still "rules" for dating? If I would like to have sex with a man, I did. Didn't matter which date. It was what mattered to me at the time. If I wanted a one night stand, so be it. If I wanted a relationship and I had sex with him on the first date and he thought less of me... so be it. I go with what I want and not what "rules'" say.

This. Just...this.

you can be a pretty funny guy some days :)

Thanks but I'm not kidding! lol

Ya gotta get while the gettins good, I always say.

I figure if they are gonna go away disappointed why not go for the gusto and be really disappointed and let me get some!

:devil:

Back