What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acupuncture and a great heart warming chat with a mentor friend of mine that reminded me to not lose my sense of humor about my current situation. I needed a good dose of her, I really did.
 
An unexpectedly pleasant day at university after taking a semester of online courses to spend more time with my kids. Hello, journalism course! :D
 
He woke me up at 6:40 am and told me we're going on a trip.

We drove to a city about 2 hours away, visited a Spy Museum (where I got to complete a Spy Test and was awarded with a Spy Diploma - I got the second highest score :D), had a really good lunch at a small restaurant (owned by an arrogant French couple, who huffed at my choice of wine and gave me something else than what I ordered, because obviously I was an idiot and didn't know what's good for me :D), wandered around lovely industrial areas with tons of tiny artisan stores.

Ok, so, the main reason for this trip was to take his friend to the airport, but it was still pretty great a surprise for me as well. :)
 
Last edited:
I was listening to my favorite radio call in request show, and the question of the day is What makes you cry. Well to me that scene from the movie Caseblanca gets me every time. I mean I tear up every time just thinking about it, the singing duel where the Free French decide to sing the La Marcellies in order to drown out the Horst Wessel. Humphry Bogart takes a stand and nodds to the orchestra leader. Realize in Casablanca is occupied by the Nazies, and that this act of defiance could get a person killed. Yet they did; they sang with tears in their eyes.

Okay so that's me. But instead one fellow calls in and when asked what makes him cry, he says "nipple clamps!"

What a pussy!
 
There's a reason I moved out of Tennessee. Actually, there are lots of reasons... and these are just a couple from today's Fark.

Report: Mitt Romney photo on Facebook sets off man, who assaults girlfriend

CLINTON — He suspected his live-in girlfriend of planning an affair, and when he saw a picture of a man he didn't recognize on her Facebook page, it set him off, according to reports.

Lowell Turpin "angrily demanded to know who the male was," an Anderson County Sheriff's Department incident report states. The answer, his girlfriend told him: presidential contender Mitt Romney.

Upset at the woman's "attempting to communicate with friends through her Facebook account," Turpin jerked her laptop computer from her grasp, smashed the machine into a wall, and then hit her in the face with his fist, according to reports.

The 40-year-old Turpin remains in the Anderson County Jail, charged with domestic assault in connection with the July 22 incident in Anderson County's Claxton community. The woman told a deputy that Turpin "has been violent toward her multiple times over several years."​
+_+_+_+_+

3 people carry guns into movie theater in Putnam County
COOKEVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Despite a sign prohibiting weapons, police said three people had brought guns into a movie theater Friday night where the Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" was showing. According to the Herald Citizen, all of the gun carriers had permits.

Police said the movie was stopped briefly and officers entered the Carmike Highland Cinemas on South Jefferson Avenue around 9 p.m. According to investigators, a theater employee called police after seeing a man with a holstered pistol walk into the theater.

Police found the gun carriers after making an announcement in the theater. The officers explained the policy prohibiting weapons and asked the men to return their guns to their vehicles, which police said they did.

Police said the theater sign showing that weapons are prohibited was not large enough to be seen easily, so officers advised that it should be made more visible.​
As usual, the original stories are linked through their respective headlines, though I posted the entire stories.
 
What made me smile today---remembering where I stashed the remote controlled fart machine (and its spare).

No camping gear checklist is complete without one (and a spare).
(nods)
 
Finishing on piece of writing and having enough energy left over to immediately start on the next one. I've got my muse firmly trapped in a cage, right now. ;)
 
Final grade is in for my sociology class. I have a 91.66%.

I could take the exam tomorrow and raise it a bit (the lowest of the three exams will be dropped) but I'm pretty happy with that.
 
Many things, Life is Beautiful (swiped from Sixx AM), and every day is an adventure.

My large garden finally has ripe tomatoes (the drought), my second youngest has moved in with me temporarily and is sharing custody of his daughter so I get to see my 21mo grand half the time :)

(grandma brag)
She's very bright, she can count to ten and sing her alphabet...impressive vocabulary, if only she could pronounce the words :D

I got to show her her first box turtle...it was in my 'maters. Going by the way she screamed when it stuck its head out, turtles are not her favorite critter.

She pulled Nearly Man (my 16 yo) down on the floor to help her draw on the 3' X 4' chalkboard I've had on the wall for decades (there's a spread between my three oldest and Nearly Man). She very importantly hands him the green chalk.

"Green square", he says...she repeats, "geen qware".
"Green circle", he says..."geen cir"
"Green triangle"....."geen tangul"

(punchline)
2x+x=36..."algebraic equation"...blank look
 
From Craigslist, via Fark.com:

Lost Van -- Please Help (Davidson County)
Please read my ad and let me know if you have any idea of its where abouts.

1986 Chevy Conversion Van lost/stolen from my shed in Antioch on Sunday.

DESCRIPTION: Dark Grey in color. The side and back rear windows were covered in silver duck tape, and sprayed over with black spray paint.
**I was planning on turning this into a bus for my church, that's why the windows look like that. ( people know me and would back me up on that. So I'm not worried about it. )

VERY PERSONAL and PRIVATE items inside
( 1 ) two sets of police-style handcuffs... very valuable. steel locks. I have the key, so you can't use them anyway, I would really love to have these back for sentimentel reasons.

( 2 ) There might also be some old magazines too, but they aren't mine. My neighbor asked me to store them inside of my van so his wife wouldn't catch him looking at them. They are not mine, but I would like them back so he doesn't get in any kind of trouble for looking at that sort of thing. We all sin, but god knows our heart! (corinthians 5-17)

**There are some home-made like VCR tapes too that aren't mine. Believe me, I go to church all the time, and people who know me will tell you that I would NEVER look at stuff like that, but it would be real nice if I could just return them to their rightful owner so people don't think I look at crap like that. God knows that I don't and that's what's important.

Please let me know if you have seen this vehicle!! This has really hurt my plans for the weekend.

Any information would be appreciated! Please text me at 615-689-4458 with any tips to its whereabouts. Thanks, and God Bless. David

Location: Four Corners Marina / Antioch
 
YAY, wenchie!!!
:rose:

That's fabulous! Never had any doubt you could do it

Yay! Great job! :)


Thanks gals. :)

Just have to print a bunch of crap and my final project for my other class will be finished. Last day is tomorrow and I should have that grade by Monday. Unless I totally bomb this project it should be an a as well.

Then a couple of weeks to rest and fall classes. I'm told that the fall classes will be easier. I'm hoping so.
 
WTG, Wenchie! Sorry I didn't post a congrats earlier; I just got lost and confused with other post responses, and let it slip my (senile) mind. :( :rose:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top