Here's How Donald Trump Could Become President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to imagine Donald's SOTU addresses. Comedy gold there, folks. Comedy gold.
 
https://www.sbstatesman.com/2016/02...r-forecasts-trump-as-general-election-winner/

"A professor of political science at Stony Brook University has forecasted that Donald Trump has a minimum 97 percent chance of winning the general election as the Republican nominee.

Professor Helmut Norpoth’s forecast presentation took place Monday evening in the SUNY Global Center in Manhattan, which was organized by the Stony Brook Alumni Association.

Norpoth created a statistical model of presidential elections that uses a candidate’s performance in their party’s primary and patterns in the electoral cycle as predictors of the presidential vote in the general election.

Donald Trump has a 97 percent chance of defeating Hillary Clinton and a 99 percent chance of defeating Bernie Sanders in the general election, according to Norpoth’s formula.

“The bottom line is that the primary model, using also the cyclical movement, makes it almost certain that Donald Trump will be the next president,” Norpoth said, “if he’s a nominee of the [Republican] party.”

Norpoth’s primary model works for every presidential election since 1912, with the notable exception of the 1960 election. These results give the model an accuracy of 96.1 percent."

Would you trust this guy gambling with your money in Vegas?

Not me.
 
The GOP's foot is tightly in the snare.
The strategy of waiting for Trump to blow himself up failed and now it's too late to stop the train.
Nothing short of a grassy knoll or Arafat cocktail will stop his roll.
Trump vs Hil? I vote for trump cuz if there's gonna be a disaster in the White House, I might as well at least be entertained.
I always wanted to see a good train wreck.

I think there's a better than 50/50 chance Trump wins the presidency. Sounds kind of crazy, but if the alternative is Hillary, not so crazy.
 
Hitler's an interesting person if you do the research about him and put aside his monstrous conduct against Jews. His obsession with Jews was a psychotic obsession he shared with Russians and Poles.

Trump has all of Hitler's gifts, is what I mean. Hitler literally lifted Germany from the dead and made it a colossus in about 10 years. He never had more than 1/3rd of the Germans on his side.

You know you're not supposed to say anything good about Hitler. ANYTHING!!!
 
Would you trust this guy gambling with your money in Vegas?

Not me.

If that's just your way of asking if I think he's onto something, yes, I think he is. And that one time he missed probably wasn't really a miss.
 
Guaranteed to be entertaining.

"Was this a great year or what, folks. Really, are you tired of winning yet? I didn't think so. How about those wetbacks now, they can't even cross the river, am I right? How fantastic am I as a President, can you believe it?"

...
 
"Was this a great year or what, folks. Really, are you tired of winning yet? I didn't think so. How about those wetbacks now, they can't even cross the river, am I right? How fantastic am I as a President, can you believe it?"

...

To smiles, laughter, and applause.
 
From a distance I can understand why anti establishment figures might get some traction with the electorate who are pissed off with the corporate machine but it is a sad reflection on a big chunk of that electorate if they can't see through a billionaire bigot like Trump or worse still that they endorse his bigotry and fail to realise which side he and his wealth is on because it certainly won't be that of ordinary people.
 
From a distance I can understand why anti establishment figures might get some traction with the electorate who are pissed off with the corporate machine but it is a sad reflection on a big chunk of that electorate if they can't see through a billionaire bigot like Trump or worse still that they endorse his bigotry and fail to realise which side he and his wealth is on because it certainly won't be that of ordinary people.

As opposed to that paragon of virtue Hillary, and her heart of gold?
 
From a distance I can understand why anti establishment figures might get some traction with the electorate who are pissed off with the corporate machine but it is a sad reflection on a big chunk of that electorate if they can't see through a billionaire bigot like Trump or worse still that they endorse his bigotry and fail to realise which side he and his wealth is on because it certainly won't be that of ordinary people.


For his fans, the bigotry is a feature, not a bug.
 
Last night at about three AM I couldn't sleep and felt a little hungry so decided to go get something to eat at a restaurant. I was the only customer in the place so the waitress sat down to talk with me while I ate. I've talked with her before some, but don't really know her. I know she is a single mom raising two kids of her own and three of her sister's kids as well. She has two jobs. I don't know what her other job is.

Ordinarily, I would never do this in the real world, but I discussed last night's political results with her. It was interesting to see how much she knew about politics, and how much she didn't know.

This country is in a hell of a mess, and people don't know what the fuck to do about it.
 
You prove this quote daily.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

- Winston Churchill
 
The idea that the country is in a helluva mess is mostly media hype. That aside most people simply don't have the time or energy to dedicate to any sort of real research on most political issues.
 
The idea that the country is in a helluva mess is mostly media hype. That aside most people simply don't have the time or energy to dedicate to any sort of real research on most political issues.

It ain't hype.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top