Blurt Thread III - Emporium of Unexpected Exclamations & Revelations

Love that cover!

And here's a classic I like to dust off every year. The reason there's no Trumpet Christmas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfodl1g_ibY

Trumpet players are such assholes. I can say that since I am one. :D Mini-minx came into the room, said “What the fuck is that???” And then proceeded to send the link to all her Trumpet friends.

Speaking of Mini-minx—Congrats! She is now part of the big college Concert Band, and the newest member of their Orchestra!

Trumpet players are such assholes. I can say that since I am one. :D Mini-minx came into the room, said “What the fuck is that???” And then proceeded to send the link to all her Trumpet friends.

Speaking of Mini-minx—Congrats! She is now part of the big college Concert Band, and the newest member of their Orchestra!

Saucy I am also a fully paid up member of the Trumpeters' Union. That clip is so godawful I can't begin to articulate how much joy it brings me.

Send my congrats to Mini-minx! I had lots of wonderful experiences playing in college and I'm sure she will too!

You guys have got it all over me. They pried my silver Stradivarius out of my hand when I graduated high school back in 87. (I swear Mom said "Thank God!" when she sold it to an incoming Freshman. BUT, she kept the piano and both of my guitars. Go figure.)

But, I guess it was worth it. Up until about five months ago, the last time I tried, my embouchure could still send a woman through the roof playing "Sweet Caroline" followed by "On Broadway" (the only two I can still remember the tongue and fingering for) using her as the trumpet. :D

Any road, a most sincere congrats to Mini-Minx!

And as for Christmas music, I'm afraid this is the best I can do.

Saucy I am also a fully paid up member of the Trumpeters' Union. That clip is so godawful I can't begin to articulate how much joy it brings me.

Send my congrats to Mini-minx! I had lots of wonderful experiences playing in college and I'm sure she will too!
It’s amazing and we were hysterical. She’s done marching band both years, and was one of their heralds. She absolutely loves it.

You guys have got it all over me. They pried my silver Stradivarius out of my hand when I graduated high school back in 87. (I swear Mom said "Thank God!" when she sold it to an incoming Freshman. BUT, she kept the piano and both of my guitars. Go figure.)

But, I guess it was worth it. Up until about five months ago, the last time I tried, my embouchure could still send a woman through the roof playing "Sweet Caroline" followed by "On Broadway" (the only two I can still remember the tongue and fingering for) using her as the trumpet. :D

Any road, a most sincere congrats to Mini-Minx!

And as for Christmas music, I'm afraid this is the best I can do.
We graduated the same year! :D. She has 5 trumpets/cornets currently so we could do one of those slapstick scenes where I take one, and she pulls another out of somewhere and continues toodling. She also has a full sized bass, which was fun traveling around with a foot of the neck hanging out the window of my last car which was a geo prism.

~snip~ She has 5 trumpets/cornets currently so we could do one of those slapstick scenes where I take one, and she pulls another out of somewhere and continues toodling. She also has a full sized bass, which was fun traveling around with a foot of the neck hanging out the window of my last car which was a geo prism.

I smell youtube gold! You two should film a skit with her playing gradually more brassy sassy jazzed Christmas tunes doing just that as you walk through and swipe each one and end it with bringing out that bass to wrap it up. That would be a gas!:cool:

I love the imagery here!

Speaking only for myself, mind you, I was much more enamored of that long ago girlfriend who was a flautist (even bred and born in West-by-God-Texas, "flutist" still looks weird to me) who also played the oboe. But, being as I'm irresolutey male, that shouldn't be a surprise. :D

Edit; Oh damn! A Valentine's Day Concerto! Thanks for the idea for my next contest entry guys!

I smell youtube gold! You two should film a skit with her playing gradually more brassy sassy jazzed Christmas tunes doing just that as you walk through and swipe each one and end it with bringing out that bass to wrap it up. That would be a gas!:cool:

*snip*

We’ve discussed that sort of thing. We are goofy as hell.

Things I have learned today:
1. Lace panties on a freshly shaved crotch, not the best of ideas.
2. Panko breadcrumbs, and graham cracker crumbs both come in a red box.
3. I need to pay more attention to what I pull out of the pantry when making a cheesecake before my first cup of coffee.

We’ve discussed that sort of thing. We are goofy as hell.

Things I have learned today:
1. Lace panties on a freshly shaved crotch, not the best of ideas.
2. Panko breadcrumbs, and graham cracker crumbs both come in a red box.
3. I need to pay more attention to what I pull out of the pantry when making a cheesecake before my first cup of coffee.

One of these things is not like the others.

Cheesecake with Panko crust ... I would probably still eat it, but then I'm a cheesecake omnivore.

Pain is my thing, ya know, but I was hoping for a human not a fruit.

'Banana' is a fine, and common safe word.

tumblr_p09vj8At091ttrxmxo3_540.jpg

🍡🍡🍡

I draw the line at wooden skewers.

I’ve been unable to cleanse my brain of the sadomasochistic images of you, with two bamboo skewers protruding tusk-like from your delicate face, anchored in your nostrils with bubblegum coloured wax.

*shudders*

Draw the line indeed.

Sand paper condom.

You should def have sex. So should I. Men are dumb.

On behalf of men, I resemble that remark.
:D

As for the rest of this thread, I guess I'm just old. Because back in my day this wasn't what we meant when we talked about "fruit salad". :eek: (or wait... was that "tossing salad"...)

Back