Impeach Donald Trump

Ireadforpleasure

Really Experienced
On january 20, 2017, Donald Trump stood on the steps of the Capitol, raised his right hand, and solemnly swore to faithfully execute the office of president of the United States and, to the best of his ability, to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. He has not kept that promise.

Instead, he has mounted a concerted challenge to the separation of powers, to the rule of law, and to the civil liberties enshrined in our founding documents. He has purposefully inflamed America’s divisions. He has set himself against the American idea, the principle that all of us—of every race, gender, and creed—are created equal.

This is not a partisan judgment. Many of the president’s fiercest critics have emerged from within his own party. Even officials and observers who support his policies are appalled by his pronouncements, and those who have the most firsthand experience of governance are also the most alarmed by how Trump is governing.

“The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naïveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate,” the late senator and former Republican presidential nominee John McCain lamented last summer. “The president has not risen to the mantle of the office,” the GOP’s other recent nominee, the former governor and now senator Mitt Romney, wrote in January.

The oath of office is a president’s promise to subordinate his private desires to the public interest, to serve the nation as a whole rather than any faction within it. Trump displays no evidence that he understands these obligations. To the contrary, he has routinely privileged his self-interest above the responsibilities of the presidency. He has failed to disclose or divest himself from his extensive financial interests, instead using the platform of the presidency to promote them. This has encouraged a wide array of actors, domestic and foreign, to seek to influence his decisions by funneling cash to properties such as Mar-a-Lago (the “Winter White House,” as Trump has branded it) and his hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue. Courts are now considering whether some of those payments violate the Constitution.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/03/impeachment-trump/580468/

Well, yes, it should be obvious to all by what he himself says and does that Donald Trump is a blackmailed asset of a foreign adversary government. Beyond that he participated in stealing an election and then openly and obviously worked to obstruct justice in pinning that down. And beyond that he has been the president of just a few people, he is criminally corrupt, and he doesn't have a clue how to govern. So, yes, he should be impeached, removed, and tossed in federal prison if he won't show up to prison on his own. Lock him up.

J. Edgar Hoover wrote a book entitled 'Masters of Deceit.' I had to read this book in the early 60s as a class requirement. From what I read Trump has been turned into a Russian pawn or you could easily argue that Trump is the first president who is an American spy for Russia.

I think you guys need to relax on your call to impeach at the moment.

The House of Reps can Impeach him.

The Senate will hold the trial and the vote.

Guess who is not going to be found guilty unless the evidence cannot be disputed one iota? That's why Pelosi isn't allowing it right now. The Dems need to be certain.

Bill Cosplay writes: "Guess who is not going to be found guilty unless the evidence cannot be disputed one iota? That's why Pelosi isn't allowing it right now. The Dems need to be certain."

The Democratic Party did itself no favors last summer when the senators of that party overwhelmingly sided with Christine Blasey-Ford against Judge Brett Kavanaugh in those U.S. Supreme Court confirmation hearings, despite a complete lack of any serious evidence. Granted, they all were going to vote "no" on Kavanaugh's nomination regardless of anything said by Blasey-Ford, but the way that farce unfolded made them all look incredibly petty & vindictive.

And, as a result, instead of gaining ground in the U.S. Senate (as happened in the U.S. House) in last November's elections, the Dems LOST two seats instead! And, when you add those two votes to the departure of those three anti-Trump Republican senators (McCain, Corker, & Flake), any attempt to get the Senate to convict Trump following a House impeachment vote are nil. Nancy Pelosi gets it.

No one wants to impeach President Trump except Democrats in Congress (for political control), and a vociferous minority screaming bloody murder on social networks. Of course the criminals in the DOJ and FBI would love to see the President impeached.

Good News 2020 is fast approaching, and the bell tolls...

J. Edgar Hoover wrote a book entitled 'Masters of Deceit.' I had to read this book in the early 60s as a class requirement. From what I read Trump has been turned into a Russian pawn or you could easily argue that Trump is the first president who is an American spy for Russia.

You must be one heck of a scholar !

Funny because I work in this industry and we were all warned off speaking 'too much' about insider stuff - until just recently and there are still some circumscribed matters.

...You could argue that Donald Trump and the Trump Administration just 'acquired' for the USA, the world's largest PROVEN oil reserve - and NOT Hillary Clinton (got it) or any Democrat Administration. Funny 'bout that. Must be because the CIA too is under the control of Russia now, right.

Idiots.

In practice, the CIA is not under any controls, nor subject to any laws.

despite a complete lack of any serious evidence.

And you have evidence to prove otherwise? How about all the other women that accused him? Do you have evidence of that as well?

Do you automatically disbelieve women because they're women? I get this feeling that in addition to being a racist you're also a misogynists. That would make sense for a pro-Trump, pro-Nazi like you.

I have been looking into some of the investigations being done in New York into Trump/family/associates, business and financial dealings. Their record as charity administrators for example would in normal times be a national disgrace.

We haven't heard yet from Meuller anything much if at all on money transactions and it seems to me that these legal moves in NY could become just as damaging. But we need more facts.

I have been looking into some of the investigations being done in New York into Trump/family/associates, business and financial dealings. Their record as charity administrators for example would in normal times be a national disgrace.

We haven't heard yet from Meuller anything much if at all on money transactions and it seems to me that these legal moves in NY could become just as damaging. But we need more facts.

Mueller turned the New York financial angles over to the New York investigators. They can make a run at Trump, as president, that Mueller can't.

dan_c00000 writes: "And you have evidence to prove otherwise? How about all the other women that accused him? Do you have evidence of that as well?"

I didn't believe Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford, Dan, because the woman kept silent for over three decades over an incident that she CLEARLY didn't remember, making totally unsubstantiated claims that NO JURY would ever take seriously, but then the entire Democratic Party membership in the U.S. Senate (except Joe Manchin) believed her because they were looking for something, ANYTHING, to sink the confirmation of a pro-life Supreme Court nominee.

Fortunately for our U.S. Supreme Court (and for our entire nation) the majority of the U.S. Senate didn't believe her nonsensical accusations and judge Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed! Furthermore, that entire incident damaged Democrat hopes of re-taking the senate in 2018, and instead the G.O.P. GAINED two seats there instead!

"Do you automatically disbelieve women because they're women? I get this feeling that in addition to being a racist you're also a misogynists. That would make sense for a pro-Trump, pro-Nazi like you."

No, Dan - unlike you, I actually BELIEVED President Clinton's female accusers back in the 1990's - that Bill was clearly guilty of sexual abuse & harrassment of women, and trying to obstruct justice in the investigation of his sexual-predatory behavior aimed at several women, dating back to when he was the governor of Arkansas.

And when Mrs. Clinton came to her husband's defense, saying that it was all part of a "vast right-wing conspiracy," I was fairly certain that Hillary already knew that the accusations were all true. But she had her OWN future plans to run for president in the Democratic Party, and so she opted to defend her guilty husband rather than stand up for women. And it cost her the presidency in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpington View Post
despite a complete lack of any serious evidence.

And you have evidence to prove otherwise? How about all the other women that accused him? Do you have evidence of that as well?

Do you automatically disbelieve women because they're women? I get this feeling that in addition to being a racist you're also a misogynists. That would make sense for a pro-Trump, pro-Nazi like you.

It's almost impossible to prove a negative. Could you prove that you did not try to rape a woman forty years ago? Especially, could you prove it when the allegations did not include any details such as time and place?

The "other women" recanted and admitted to lying.

And, as a result, instead of gaining ground in the U.S. Senate (as happened in the U.S. House) in last November's elections, the Dems LOST two seats instead!

Um...guess what? Two of the Dems who lost voted to confirm Mr. I Like Beer, as did the only Republican incumbent who lost. Not to mention the Dems won 24 out of 33 seats that were up (including the two independents who caucus with the Dems). Hardly a bloodbath.

I get a big laugh every time I hear someone accuse Trump of colluding with the Russians. Why?

Because it's the LIBERALS who want Communism here.

Get a fuckin' clue already.

I get a big laugh every time I hear someone accuse Trump of colluding with the Russians. Why?

Because it's the LIBERALS who want Communism here.

Get a fuckin' clue already.

Because it was the Democrats colluding with the Russians all along.:)

Um...guess what? Two of the Dems who lost voted to confirm Mr. I Like Beer, as did the only Republican incumbent who lost. Not to mention the Dems won 24 out of 33 seats that were up (including the two independents who caucus with the Dems). Hardly a bloodbath.

It was known and discussed beforehand that the specific Senate races involved in 2016 would likely result in a Democratic retreat of a few seats there. It's also being discussed that the specific Senate races involved in 2020 bode much worse for the Republicans. We'll see.

WHat? You don't think that the lip prints on Putin's ass are Ms Nancy's, do you?:rolleyes:

Nancy Pelosi prefers Chinese butt, and drug cartel $$, though she would undoubtedly go Ruskie if properly motivated.

But seriously, whose ass is Nancy kissing? Her funding stream is very interesting.

Nancy Pelosi prefers Chinese butt, and drug cartel $$, though she would undoubtedly go Ruskie if properly motivated.

But seriously, whose ass is Nancy kissing? Her funding stream is very interesting.

Well the Chinese own us, so it makes sense. Only the Trumpski would kiss the grifter who is trying to muscle in on China's turf.:rolleyes:

Well the Chinese own us, so it makes sense. Only the Trumpski would kiss the grifter who is trying to muscle in on China's turf.:rolleyes:

I don't believe Trump's a Ruskie, but I'd be willing to cut him loose if we can cut all the rest of the lying, thieving, conniving hell-spawn loose, with him. Starting with CIA, FBI, DOJ and all of the infiltrators into MSM they have positioned since Operation Mockingbird; and the entire Congress.

YDB95 says: "Um...guess what? Two of the Dems who lost voted to confirm Mr. I Like Beer, as did the only Republican incumbent who lost."

Where do you get this silly info?

The Democratic Party incumbents who lost their U.S. Senate seats in North Dakota, Missouri, & Florida ALL voted against Judge Kavanaugh! They ALL voted to believe the word of an older-woman-with-a-little-girl's-voice, and it cost them their seats in the Senate!

The only Democrat who voted to confirm Judge Kavanaugh's appointment was Joe Manchin in West Virginia, and Joe was RE-ELECTED!

And the ONLY Republican seat lost was in Arizona, where RINO Jeff Flake wasn't even running for re-election. Meanwhile, in Tennessee, RINO Bob Corker wasn't running, either, but the Talyor-Swift-endorsed old white male Democrat there lost to a pro-Trump young Republican woman candidate!

Yeah, the Dems kind of got their collective butts kicked in the Senate races, where very soon they'll be voting on Trump's pick to replace Ruth Bader-Ginsburg! Hopefully, it will be somebody as good as Brett Kavanaugh!

YDB95 says: "Um...guess what? Two of the Dems who lost voted to confirm Mr. I Like Beer, as did the only Republican incumbent who lost."

Where do you get this silly info?

The Democratic Party incumbents who lost their U.S. Senate seats in North Dakota, Missouri, & Florida ALL voted against Judge Kavanaugh! They ALL voted to believe the word of an older-woman-with-a-little-girl's-voice, and it cost them their seats in the Senate!

The only Democrat who voted to confirm Judge Kavanaugh's appointment was Joe Manchin in West Virginia, and Joe was RE-ELECTED!

And the ONLY Republican seat lost was in Arizona, where RINO Jeff Flake wasn't even running for re-election. Meanwhile, in Tennessee, RINO Bob Corker wasn't running, either, but the Talyor-Swift-endorsed old white male Democrat there lost to a pro-Trump young Republican woman candidate!

Yeah, the Dems kind of got their collective butts kicked in the Senate races, where very soon they'll be voting on Trump's pick to replace Ruth Bader-Ginsburg! Hopefully, it will be somebody as good as Brett Kavanaugh!
You mean the Professor of Psychology and published author of medical journals? She might have a few appropriate assessments of your brain chemistry that you won't like to hear.

Back