Do you lose it?

gordo12

Experienced
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Posts
2,894
Today I had the dishwasher going while pizza reheated for lunch. I noticed all these shiny little things beside the sink being the knives, forks and...that all should have been put in the dishwasher. My mind was so busy running dialogue and scenes I forgot to put them in. :D

Last week it was the dog sitting beside me looking up beseechingly. I glanced at the clock and it was over two hours since she should have been taken out. I was so deep into a re-write.... she must have had her legs crossed.

So how about you? Are you losing it when you write? Do you forget life, family and shitty politics? Are you late for stuff because you just have to write those last few words :confused:
 
Not usually, no. But I have someone else doing most of the regular tasks of the day around me most of the time.
 
I do sometimes look up and wonder where the last couple of hours went, yes.
 
Time, time, time, see what's become of me
As I look around for my possibilities
They are so hard to see
 
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

But at my back I always hear
Time's wingèd chariot hurrying near;
And yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity.

- with thanks to the boy Marvell :)
 
As a rule I stay quietly calm in the midst of chaos and maymayhem, that's not to say I don't light peoples hair on fire a lot. One of life's great truths is A CRISIS IS REQUIRED FOR MOST PEOPLE TO GET UP OFF THEIR ASS AND ACT. But some can defuse bombs with no sweat. I usta talk drunks outta suicide, in combat I told senior officers what to do.
 
As a rule I stay quietly calm in the midst of chaos and maymayhem, that's not to say I don't light peoples hair on fire a lot. One of life's great truths is A CRISIS IS REQUIRED FOR MOST PEOPLE TO GET UP OFF THEIR ASS AND ACT. But some can defuse bombs with no sweat. I usta talk drunks outta suicide, in combat I told senior officers what to do.

I get the feeling that you are trying to say something, James. Take a deep breath and talk. And it might be a good idea if the rest of us gave James space. Just saying.
 
I get the feeling that you are trying to say something, James. Take a deep breath and talk. And it might be a good idea if the rest of us gave James space. Just saying.
'Ignore' is my friend.
 
I have too much to do to actually write. And now I have a person walking around me...not ideal when writing steamy, erotica.
 
Something doesn't sound right in that last paragraph. How about if i swap this for that and that for this.... Much better, which makes the next part....

Some time later...

Uh, why is it dark out? Uh, what happened to supper? What do you mean I didn't fix any. Ugh, the coffee is even cold. But, but, butt.... Oh yeah, that was the next thing in line.

And so on and so forth. :D
 
Old Larson (remember him?) cartoon:

The last time Tommy remembered his mother still being beside him, was in the toy aisle at the supermarket and it was almost 5 pm... (Tall red wood trees, little toy car STILL being driven - vroom vroom - by little hand up long sandy track, dark, moonlight - 'hoot, hoot,' said the owl).
 
Yeah, bit of a failure there! :rolleyes:


Believe it or don't but traing exists to piss off and frudtrate the crap outta nice people. Nice people cant handle assholes. The best I ever saw was a gal who shrugged her shoulders the wjole time trainees asked her questions.


LIT is where losers come for a back pat, a hug, and a cuppa cocoa.
 
Sometimes, yes. I can get very self absorbed. The other day, my gardener put something on the table behind me. It startled me and I screamed! Next time he needed something from me, he approached the table very loudly and screamed my name! Too funny!
 
Sometimes I get story brain and reality brain confused.
Writing a scene where the protagonist is making some sort of food and saves the scraps for the animals they have. (they live on a farm)
I was actually making dinner one night and started saving onion and potato peels for the animals that we don't have...( I don't live on a farm)
 
Creative process:

Decide what I want to write. Turn off the music or load an Environments track with surf and strings. Work the keyboard in my lap whilst my partner is asleep or away. Notice distractions like passing vehicles, falling timber, or beasts in our mountain meadow. Write at the keyboard. Stand, stomp around, working-out dialogues. Sit and write some more. Liquid I/O: pee, then drink something. Shift legs and knees to reduce pain. Keep writing. Search online as needed. Don't ignore the clock in my screen's lower-right corner. Time for meds!

Do I lose it whilst writing? No more than usual.
 
My dogs ensure I have a break every so often.

In fact, they are bound to drive me mental by interrupting when I'm in full flow.
 
Sounds positively idyllic! :D
Except when the tree crew loudly works nearby. And that large bear turd by our front steps worries me. But at least we don't have pumas on our porch, unlike the in-laws a mile away. The occasional helicopter sweeping over our forest is bothersome, too, signaling either a fire or a fugitive. That'll snap me from a creative trance.

Do I lose it? That's like asking if I slept. How would I know? I was demented.
 
Back
Top