Rhapsody's photos

Sheeezzzz, it took me a minute to process this. Bob?? I didn't know a man...Ohhhhhhhh, it is money!

Congratulations.

I did wonder whether you would understand that. A bob was used to refer to the UK Shilling before we decimalised our currency in 1971, but the idiom is still in use, as when referring to a wealthy person as "not short of a bob or two" :)

As to why it was called a bob; nobody knows. According to the Oxford English Dictionary the first citation is from 1789. :confused:

Congratulations.

I did wonder whether you would understand that. A bob was used to refer to the UK Shilling before we decimalised our currency in 1971, but the idiom is still in use, as when referring to a wealthy person as "not short of a bob or two" :)

As to why it was called a bob; nobody knows. According to the Oxford English Dictionary the first citation is from 1789. :confused:

Well, we all know how strange Brits are! Lolololol:kiss:

Welcome to fall!
tumblr_mtptrqV7gK1sow60jo1_500.jpg

I love the colors of the fall. A wonderful picture, Rhapsody.

Hope to have internet up and running Thursday. After that I can participate more often.

Now if my aches and pains will subside a bit I can take a photo or two and share it on the challenge thread.

Hope to have internet up and running Thursday. After that I can participate more often.

Now if my aches and pains will subside a bit I can take a photo or two and share it on the challenge thread.

That would be awesome sir.

I have been rather melancholy the last day or two. In an attempt to snap the hell out of it I went shooting tonight. I love my new camera and fast glass!

tumblr_mudtwicIdy1sow60jo3_1280.jpg

Wow...stunning work Rhapsody...the water pics are amazing....:rose:

The photo of those punts looks familiar...Oxford?;):kiss::kiss::kiss:

Wow...stunning work Rhapsody...the water pics are amazing....:rose:

The photo of those punts looks familiar...Oxford?;):kiss::kiss::kiss:
YES!!! I was wondering if you would recognize it! I actually won some awards at the AZ State Fair with this photo, so I am partial to it.
Thank you everyone! Photography is a good antidepressant, that is for sure!

Last edited:
Back