Anyone good at MBTI typing

5thRing

Title?
Joined
Jun 29, 2017
Posts
10
Looking for someone who knows enough about cognitive functions to determine what type a character is in one of my stories. (Both characters would be nice, but only the female is the important one.)

It is the female character in my "Anticipation" series, which can easily be found here:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=3739819&page=submissions

One thing to bear in mind is that the is written in the first person, male POV, and it does focus a lot on sensation, but this is more a writing tactic than a quality of the male character, for what it's worth.


I don't want to say too much, in order to avoid leading the conclusion, but anyone deciding to give it a try is welcome to ask any question they might need to in order to help the process.

If more than one person what to have a crack at it, then I welcome the different perspectives.
 
This story is 13 chapters long. No one is going to read them all by request.

Pick a chapter where your female protagonist clearly exemplified, and I'll read that.
 
This story is 13 chapters long. No one is going to read them all by request.

Pick a chapter where your female protagonist clearly exemplified, and I'll read that.
MD voiced my thoughts. If you name a chapter you think elaborates your female lead character best, I'll have a go too (having done MB on myself every five years or so for several decades).
 
This story is 13 chapters long. No one is going to read them all by request.

Pick a chapter where your female protagonist clearly exemplified, and I'll read that.

That could be a problem. The way it's written, I don't think any 1 chapter will actually provide an adequate amount of detail to work with, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks.
 
I read two chapters at random, and given your narrative style I'm going to say that trying to externally diagnose MBTI is going to prove impossible. MBTI is not meant to be a personality trope designer. It's more complex, subject to change, and largely an entirely internal and unconscious process.

Introverts are capable of going out and meeting people. The question is "Where do you recharge?" Sensors are capable of listening to their gut. The question is "Which is your go-to for an answer more times than not?"

Personally, I am an INTP over an INFP by the slimmest of margins, and that kind of nuance is very hard to get in a small sampling let alone one that is already so inwardly focused on another character. These are questions that people largely have to answer for themselves. Were this a third person story that gave us a more complete view of the love interest, I think we would still be guessing with very limited info (which is to say, shooting in the dark).
 
I think rather than trying to have someone else externally diagnose (for lack of a better word) your character's MBTI, why not visit a site that offers a free assessment, put yourself in that character's mindset, and answer the questions yourself.

Your result will be FAR more accurate than anything any of us could spitball about her. :)
 
Back
Top