Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 07-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #76
Angedesoleil
Literotica Guru

No words, just *hugs*

... and keep the quilt. It can go to the kids later. Keep the quilt

Sassypants is the collared submissive of Exiled Welshman. He's my world.
Friends are always welcome, but Daddy doesn't share, so messages of a sexual nature are not.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #77
JaneRamsey
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
As I stated in my original post, I lost my wife on 10/5.

And can somebody please fucking explain to me how these morons can claim on the one hand that God has a plan, but on the other every time they pray they sound like Beavis and Butthead "This sucks! Change it!" What happened to his plans being for the best? I may not be the brightest Crayola in the box, but something just doesn't quite gibe.

From the bottom of what remains of my heart, thank you.

I don't think God has a plan, if anything were all just lucky we get as old as we do without getting eaten by bears or the stray ice storm. I do take a little solace in thinking we are tiny parts in a much bigger crazy shitstorm of existence, and whatever party of that I can experience or be a part of, that makes me excited.

Sorry if that doesn't help *hugs*

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 07-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #78
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Let Your Love Light

So, it's been a bit of a rough row to hoe for the last week. Not anything dramatic really. Just had a summer cold land on my face one day and then spread to my lungs the next and turn into fucking pneumonia or something. Not really important other than just as an explanation as to why I was out of commission for a couple of days since I couldn't sit up without passing out.

Any road, I seem to be on the mend, although I'm still a tad worried one of these coughs is going to eject a lung or something. But, better that than the weak crackling wheezes I was able to manage a few days ago before passing out. And I'm able to sit up and stick my nose around a bit.

Which is how I just happened to see this thread when it came floating to the top of the PG (which I rarely peek into).

Just the title alone spoke to me, so I stuck my face in to see what was going on. And I'm pretty glad I did.

I posted a quick, almost pithy response there since I didn't want to hijack a decent thread for my own sob shit. But, the more I reflect on it, the more I felt that I should, maybe, come a little cleaner here in this thread than I have.

I mean, I wasn't exactly hiding anything. Not in the sense that player might or whatever. Although maybe I was since it was largely out of deference to her wishes that I haven't bruited around just everywhere and anytime about her and what she's done for me.

So, backing up the narrative for a bit... Yeah, around Valentines wasn't really a good time for me as anyone who read my postings around then could tell.

Well, it was right around then that she PMd me for the first time.

Honestly compels me to admit that I'd had a few from nice and well-meaning people. I generally tried to respond in kind but didn't really go out of my way to encourage anything more. I'm not knocking anyone for anything, but I've really never been here to "play" and for sure wasn't ready then.

Now, I'm not about to discuss anything that was said to me in private, not even to confirm who may or may not have spoken to me there. Perhaps I'm just really strange, and maybe it's a holdover from my training to be a professional counselor, but I'm just a big believer that "in private" means "in confidence."

Any road, the time has worn on, as it has a tendency to do. And I looked up one day and realized I love her.

Well, that just confused the shit out everything as far as I was concerned. I mean, even just the word alone is confusing as hell. As near as I've been able to figure out that simple four letter word has at least seven disparate definitions where it can be used while still using it truthfully.

But, I tend to be a simple man and prefer simple solutions to the Gordian knot. A long, long time ago, I heard that bit about "no greater love has a man." And it left an impression. Honestly, I've probably stepped between people I didn't even really know and harm more than most here would probably be willing to credit or even want to know.

The thing is... I don't know. Maybe there is something wrong with my logic here. But, if you are willing to die for a stranger, then I don't really know that it is all that efficient a benchmark for love really.

But,...

But, what if you were hurting so much that... Well, maybe you weren't actively trying to die, but you weren't really fighting it that much either. I think... and this is just me thinking out loud... But, I think maybe in that scenario, when life wasn't really a palatable choice that finding someone that made it seem a little more palatable maybe is a benchmark of love? Forget dying for me. Do you love me enough to live?

Actually, now I think about it, that seems like it may be a half-remembered line from a movie or a book or something.

And yes, I'm a closet romantic. Bite me.

Now, here's the thing. What I think is maybe a bit ironic really. It doesn't matter so much that she actively stated that she did not want me to love her and denies returning the feeling even now. That doesn't matter so much. Would I be happy if she did? Well, sure. But, I'm fine if she doesn't because just the feeling of me caring at all, much less so much, has added an extra shine to the sunbeams, an extra kiss to the wind, and an extra wetness to heaven's tears.

I don't know. I'm probably not making much sense as I try to express what is in my mind and my heart.

And it's, I think, pretty different from what most people think. But, I think... Well, let's try it this way.

Since I began posting to this thread and ripping open my breast to allow my pain and struggle to bleed out onto the screen, several of you have posted responses in the open forum. Several more have posted me Private Messages. And one, in particular, has been a steady correspondent through email. (between thirty and a hundred messages per day depending on what else is going on is "steady," right?)

But, what I don't know if you can understand, those of you who might still be reading this, is that it's not really so much that you cared enough to reach out a helping hand. I mean, that helped. Yes. But, it was really more that you showed enough of your true self to allow me to care about you that I think gave me back a bit of a fuck to give.

(Yes, even you JaF0. Now shut the fuck up and don't embarrass either of us more than we already are, ass.)

Any road, I don't know. That's probably all about clear as mud. And if you are still coming around to read this, you've got to be some kind of masochist. But, if you are, I just wanted to say...

Don't worry so much about whether you care about me. I'm not. Just don't be shy to let me give a care about you.

Be who you are. 'Cause from what I've seen, that's a pretty cool thing.

**cue the music**

My Stories

Old 07-28-2018, 12:59 PM   #79
Angedesoleil
Literotica Guru

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zoim_wTR1fU

One of my all time favorite lines. I love how he considers walking away. I read a fantastic thesis on this scene one time.

Friends are always welcome, but Daddy doesn't share, so messages of a sexual nature are not.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:55 AM   #80
barefootgirl69
His Wild Little Cupcake

Ewobbit/Puck,

You know how I feel about your writing of stories, I love them. But, that doesn't come close to what I'm feeling now as I read this thread.

I'm not ashamed to say I've stalked you tonight as I stalked you two years ago after reading your posts. I've looked at your stories to read at a later date.

The depth of your words that I've read tonight almost overwhelms me... until I read that you've discovered you can care again. That pleased me so very much.

It means you've started to live again. Not that it will ever be the same, but it means you aren't giving up. I hope you never do, the world would be a much sadder place without you in it.
~bfg~ Proud Playgrounder #369

And though she be but little, she is fierce ~ Shakespeare

A little story

bdsmtest.org
100% Submissive - 100% Ageplayer - 100% Rope bunny -
100% Girl/Boy - 97% Brat - 88% Slave - 83% Primal (Prey) -
52% Experimentalist - 44% Pet - 42% Vanilla - 4% Masochist -
1% Exhibitionist - 1% Voyeur - 0% Degradee - 0% Switch
0% Non-monogamist

~Belongs to E~
♡ His little Satsuma ♡

Old 08-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #81
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

*sigh*

You know... I know how very much I owe you.

And when you wake me up because you need to pee or poop, I really appreciate it. Mere words can't describe just how much I appreciate it considering the size of your turds!

When you wake me up because you are hungry, I understand it. And I don't really mind, despite how I grumble and make you laugh.

But, when you wake me up just so you can claim my spot on the bed with your head on my pillows...

If I didn't love you so much, not least because you are absolutely adorable, I could really loathe you right this moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0524 (2).jpg (65.7 KB, 0 views)

My Stories

Old 08-05-2018, 05:02 PM   #82
Angedesoleil
Literotica Guru

~ I can't I'll edit this later. You have a friend who DEEPLY cares you take care of you and don't you make me worry about you Grumps. I need you to cry bullshit on me. I need to know you're ok I need to know you're still kicking up a storm and being the stand up you are. You give me hope and you make me stronger. You are the one on my shoulder telling me it's ok to keep kicking at the dark until it bleeds daylight. I've got a shit ton of dark in my life grumps... I kinda need you. Always will. So you do you but you come back here and tell me you are ok. Ok?

Who else is going to get grrr and abner and who the hell else will know EXACTLY when to make me say it for real. You aren't done grumps. I've still got a lot of growing to do .

Please.
~ Kiddo

Last edited by Angedesoleil : 08-05-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #83
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
But, when you wake me up just so you can claim my spot on the bed with your head on my pillows...
My cat sometimes miaows at me until I get up to see what's wrong, then immediately steals my chair. I fall for it every time.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #84
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
My cat sometimes miaows at me until I get up to see what's wrong, then immediately steals my chair. I fall for it every time.
My three hooligans (pictured in my profile, whom I still blame completely and totally on Love. [I take the blame for Daisy. But, the cats are all her fault]) don't mess with me too much when I'm awake. But, when I'm asleep...

The grey one, Smoke, will come try to reach my face. Supposedly to nuzzle. But, while I was born at five minutes after midnight, it wasn't last night. I know this fucking game and burrow under the covers to hide. And he will walk on my face, even sticking his paw in my mouth. And just wait. Until I make the mistake of sticking my head out.

And he'll give me both barrels of a sneeze. ACHOO!

Then, he's content and will snuggle up and go to sleep while I'm still wiping my face.

Skeezix, the medium hair, will wait until I actually am asleep. Then she'll start poking at me with her claws. And if I make the mistake of having my face covered, but my ass is hanging out... well, let's just say there are still some things that will wake me up in a hurry, however deeply I'm asleep.

But, yeah. Daisy got me up that morning and I stumbled in the kitchen to let her outside to potty. But, when she didn't follow me, I cracked open a can and took it to her bowl. However, she wasn't there either. So, I went looking and found her curled up like that with her head on my pillows. She just wanted my spot.

Bitch.

Any road, I'm looking ahead at a bit of a rough week. Our anniversary is... was... the 12th. And we always took this week off to spend time together when we were still working.

So, yeah. I know it's coming, if it's not already here, and am fighting for control of my emotions already.

But, hey. Enough of that sad sack shit, right? The only reason it hurts so much is because it felt so damn good. And if I didn't want the pain, the only way to have escaped it would have been to deny the pleasure.

So, fuck it. I'm riding this roller coaster with my eyes wide open, my arms over my head, and screaming in delight.

What about you, turtle? You gonna be afraid of a little pain, or are you gonna ride this wild ride for every fucking thing you can get out of it? Live, laugh and love like there is no tomorrow. Because when you get right down to it, there isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_q7HDWgiHE

My Stories

Last edited by PuckIt : 08-05-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #85
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angedesoleil View Post
~ I can't I'll edit this later. You have a friend who DEEPLY cares you take care of you and don't you make me worry about you Grumps. I need you to cry bullshit on me. I need to know you're ok I need to know you're still kicking up a storm and being the stand up you are. You give me hope and you make me stronger. You are the one on my shoulder telling me it's ok to keep kicking at the dark until it bleeds daylight. I've got a shit ton of dark in my life grumps... I kinda need you. Always will. So you do you but you come back here and tell me you are ok. Ok?

Who else is going to get grrr and abner and who the hell else will know EXACTLY when to make me say it for real. You aren't done grumps. I've still got a lot of growing to do .

Please.
~ Kiddo
Don't worry about me, Kiddo. My fight or flight short-circuited before birth.
Backing up to get a running start should never be confused for my giving up.

And, no. I don't always manage to kick those holes in the darkness to let the light bleed through. Sometimes I have to light my own candle.

My Stories

Old 08-06-2018, 06:11 AM   #86
Angedesoleil
Literotica Guru

I'm not good at lighting candles. Making good productive use of them yes... but I'm a kicker.
*breathes*
I still stand by my statement... I don't have that many friends to lose so... I'm going to continue being a pain in your butt. Gotta stay.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #87
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
The grey one, Smoke, will come try to reach my face. Supposedly to nuzzle. But, while I was born at five minutes after midnight, it wasn't last night. I know this fucking game and burrow under the covers to hide. And he will walk on my face, even sticking his paw in my mouth. And just wait. Until I make the mistake of sticking my head out.
Mine used to drool into my nose, which is pretty horrific.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #88
CuckIndianHubby
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
I'm not good at lighting candles. Making good productive use of them yes... but I'm a kicker.
*breathes*
I still stand by my statement... I don't have that many friends to lose so... I'm going to continue being a pain in your butt. Gotta stay.
Cute tent!

Old 08-07-2018, 01:49 PM   #89
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Sitting outside last night with my discount therapy puppy, a neighbor happened to walk by and noticed me out there. Now, Willard is a good guy. A truly decent man. And about the only problem I have with him is that when the two of us get together, we just can't seem to shut the fuck up!

If I had a nickel for every quart of ice cream I've carted home that would have been fine even with my slow ass taking a good 45 minutes to limp home, that then melted when we paused to say hello and launched into an hour and a half or more just swapping stories.

Any road, yeah. He worries about me. Unnecessarily so, I keep telling him. But, when he found me all put passed out about a week ago while I had the dog outside because I was fighting pneumonia...

So, last night, we were talking about this, that, and the other thing. And, I don't know. But, something he said sparked the memory of what I'd shared over here, and I reshared the stories of the four people I mentioned there.

I don't know. I don't pretend to be any great sage or philosopher. But, I think all too often, people make themselves unhappy by counting up all the things they don't have that they wish they did, and looking right past what they do have that someone else doesn't.

And I don't know. I'm probably making a hash of this.

But, I think it's no bad thing to desire to better your life and take steps to do it. And I think it's no bad thing to be content with what you have and are. I just think that if either is making you unhappy, you should do a bit more of the other than you are.

My Stories

Old 08-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #90
barefootgirl69
His Wild Little Cupcake

Very wise words, Puck.

A little story

bdsmtest.org
0% Non-monogamist

~Belongs to E~
♡ His little Satsuma ♡

Old 08-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #91
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I don't know. I don't pretend to be any great sage or philosopher. But, I think all too often, people make themselves unhappy by counting up all the things they don't have that they wish they did, and looking right past what they do have that someone else doesn't.

And I don't know. I'm probably making a hash of this.

But, I think it's no bad thing to desire to better your life and take steps to do it. And I think it's no bad thing to be content with what you have and are. I just think that if either is making you unhappy, you should do a bit more of the other than you are.
So much this.

I've reached a few firsts - birthday, our anniversary. In about a month, one year since he died.

It's the days leading up that throw me in a funk. Despair, even, for what I lost, omg - what he lost, his kid lost. ALL THE FUCKING THINGS WE LOST.

My new mantra: it is what it is. I can't change that he died. I can change me. My outlook. I am content with what we had, what he gave me, what we shared. A really big love.

I got that.

Thanks for sharing your stuff.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:02 PM   #92
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

I was wrong. All along, I was wrong.

The best thing, for everyone involved, is for me to not give a fuck. I'm obviously bad at it. And I have hurt the one person that I least wanted to.

I won't be back. I will be contacting my internet provider to cancel my service.

Thank you to all of you who have given me so much support since I opened this thread. I am only sorry that I have once again proved myself to not be worth it.

My Stories

Old 08-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #93
Angedesoleil
Literotica Guru

Quote:

Please.
~ Kiddo
Grumps.... not the way to go...really. shit happens. We make tge wrong call. Are you seriiusly going to leave me to sit here wondering ** again** ?? And what if it does go south huh? What if it does bite me in the ass. You wont even be tgere to yell at?
Cmon. You arent one to hide. You arent one to walk away. I shouldnt lose a frirnd out of this. You shoukdnt lose two.
Sleep. Eat. Dont go. Dont give me running start bullshit. Yes im mad. Yes im scared shitless. But i still say good friends are hard to find and you are one. Im not going to forgive it if you walk away too. You promised to not do tgat. Keep your word.

~ kiddo

Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #94
barefootgirl69
His Wild Little Cupcake

Yeah! Like I said in my message

We need you!

A little story

bdsmtest.org
0% Non-monogamist

~Belongs to E~
♡ His little Satsuma ♡

Old 08-15-2018, 06:26 PM   #95
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

You don't seem like a leaver. I hope you'll refunded. Your voice in the BDSM forum has been much appreciated.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #96
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

So, Steve Perry after having to retire from music after shredding his vocal cords with too much touring, fighting off cancer, and despite losing the love of his life not too long ago, released a new song just yesterday.

*sigh*

Ok, Steve. I hear you.

My Stories

Last edited by PuckIt : 08-16-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #97
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

So, Love's son and daughter-in-law are in town visiting me. And,... I don't know. The fact is that with everything else going on, this was really just not a great time. And I don't know but what the way I was stressed over everything when I posted on the 15th absolutely did NOT have at least a little something to do with our anniversary being the 12th and knowing they were coming this weekend. As a very brilliant young lady pointed out to me elsewhere, losing a spouse is going to color everything, even if you aren't aware that it might be.

*sigh* So, I don't know. And yeah, I'm still fighting the last vestiges of whatever it was that knocked me on my ass almost a month ago. Although, I'm leaning more towards bronchitis than pneumonia now. And, yeah. I'm well aware that being ill and being depressed can, and most likely did, form a bio-feedback loop with each making the other worse than it would have been alone.

So, thanks for the kick in the ass instead of the kick in the nuts I felt I deserved.

Any road, yeah. So, they brought their computers, fully expecting that we would play WoW, the same as we always have. And they even brought me a card for some game time.

Of course, there's been an expansion that I'd pretty well decided I wasn't going to waste money on since I just didn't care to see the first expansion since Burning Crusade without Love running it with me. *shrug*

But, you know how it is. The kids want it. You gotta be polite.

Tried logging in and, well shit. My little seven-year-old decoder ring finally bit the dust. So, I started trying to jump through hoops with Blizz to get that little feature off. And that shit is pretty well gonna make me live up to my nickname of "Grumps" given to me the day I was trying to sleep after working the night shift and our oldest grandson discovered the fucking antique butter churn. And after that was taken away, the fun throwing Jengo blocks into an empty five-gallon water jug. And after that was taken away, following Momma and "Granny Fish" (we had thirteen fish aquariums at the time ranging from three little one gallon Beta tanks up to two 55 gallon jobbers [and yes, I laughed my ass off about that for 22 years])into the kitchen, where they tried to keep him out of the cutlery by running a dowel rod through all four drawers... and the little shit figured out if he yanked hard enough, he could get it all out on the floor where he could get at it...

Never mind. Where was I again?

Yeah, so anyway, apparently Blizz and I are parting ways after being a fan boi for 25 years, but whatever.

So, I ended up sitting on my ass and watching the two of them play. And hearing the sounds of the game filling the room. And the ghost of my dead wife was sitting in the bed, only without her computer on the lap tray in front of her.

**crack neck**

Yeah. So, I should probably mention here that I'm not all that big a fan of voyeurism.

Er... well... not in that context anyway.

And I made what was probably a mistake in picking a place for foodstuffs. I'd warned them, trying to warn them off, that I'd been sick and depressed for the better part of the month and the house in general, and the kitchen in specific, would be condemned by FEMA if they saw it. But, they came on anyway.

And we went to a place we used to get chicken tenders from.

Now, see... the thing is that in my household, I made it clear that I only had three rules from the get go.

1) You snooze, you lose. (Sometimes referred to as first come, first served.)
2) If you don't do it yourself, you don't get to bitch about how it was done.
3) No illegal drugs or weapons I may end up getting dragged off for.

And, I'll just point out for the more prurient-minded that rule one was about food and such. Not sex.

Any road, so yeah. When we used to get chicken from that place, I would act an absolute ass and do everything but roll in it. Love, on the other hand, had a little bit of moderation. (Everywhere except the bed, but that's a different story.) And she would carefully save back some to eat on for the next day.

Er... Well, that was her intent.

So, I have a little bit of a problem with "Sleep Eating." For those that may not know, this is somewhat like "Sleep Walking" except it usually has the refrigerator and the bed for its waypoints.

So, yeah... the next morning, she would go check and see that she had one piece of chicken left. At the most two.

Being the definite better half, she would typically forgive me somewhere around supper time...

Any road, so we got the chicken. And I had three pieces. Thing 1 had, I think, twelve in the first plate.

Well, I just went back in there. And there ain't even one piece left.

*sigh*

I am well and truly repaid. Swear to God, I can hear Love laughing and saying, "Oh! Oh! I think I just peed a little!"

Last, but not least, color me strange, but I really, really, really have some qualms with logging onto Lit in general or the BDSM threads or dlg thread in particular with them hanging around and looking over my shoulder. Granted, he is forty-one, but there are certain conversations I still shirk from having.

But, yeah. I popped on for a moment to thank those that stopped by to kick me in my ass instead of the nuts as I thought I deserved. And, yeah. I'll still be hanging around to see just what needs a little Give-a-Puck as soon as I get the bottomless pit back on the road.

Any road, if you are reading this and have a burning curiosity despite my avatar and profile pic, I lost my mind and posted a dick pic (of sorts) over in the BDSM Faces thread to follow up the one gun salute I gave in the "How Old Do You Want to Be?" thread a little while back.

My Stories

Last edited by PuckIt : 08-19-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #98
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Way, way back in about '94(ish), Love and I were on the road to my sister's wedding. And we were talking as I drove. You know. As you do. Er, well, as we used to do before iPods and whatnot...

Any road, so we were talking about writing.

See, the thing was, I'd been a published poet for over a half decade by that point. And I was still writing. Quite a lot, actually. But, it was still mostly poetry. Actually, almost all poetry. With the exception of two short stories, I'd written for two different class assignments. And she was after me to write more, but less focused on poetry.

Well, I flipped it around on her. (Like I have a tendency to do.) And pointed out that she'd written a pretty damn good short story herself.

Honestly, to date, that short story of hers is still both the absolutely funniest and scariest thing I've ever read. It was a very meta story about her working on the assignment and deciding to do a murder scene. In the wee hours of the late night and early morning. While I wasn't home.

She started with setting the scene, describing herself locking up behind me as I left for work and settling down in front of the computer to get to work herself. Then she went on to describe the absolutely most horrific murder scene I've yet to encounter of a woman and three children down to a toddler in the crib, by bludgeoning them to death with a baseball bat. Through the murderer's eyes!
(I slept on the couch for a week. And not very soundly.)

BUT, she would break the story of the murder every now and then to describe something happening that would make her stop and check things out. A sound outside. The cat or dog (or one of the fish in the fish tank) doing something. And would describe freaking herself out as she wrote this horrific murder scene and things going bump in the night around her.

(And, yes. When I came home before dawn, I found her barricaded in the study with my wood sword near to hand and dark circles under her eyes.)

Any road, I was trying to get her to see that not only was her professor right, that she had a real talent for writing, but that she could easily spin it out into a novel.

Me being me, I started spinning out ideas just as fast as I could come up with them. And she got so excited, she rooted out a legal pad and started taking notes in shorthand. Caught up despite herself, and not least because she was much more a fan of the mystery and psychological thriller genres than I ever was, she would correct me and spin out her own ideas. And I would put some topspin on some of her ideas I thought were a little too predictable.

By the time we got to the wedding (that I'd been supposed to write a poem for and hadn't), we had entire novel well plotted and several scenes fleshed out. All jotted down by her in shorthand.

Back at home, later, she started harassing me to write the novel. And I just laughed and pointed out that it was her story and she should write it.

Well, time went on, as it has a tendency to do, and I actually did leave poetry behind and turned my attention to short stories, novels, and non-fiction. (Don't go getting excited. Except for five poems, all of my published works to date are right here on Lit.)

And I really couldn't tell you the number of times over two decades that she'd gotten after me to write her story. And every single time, I pointed out that it was her story and she would do a better job with it than I ever could. If she would turn off Law and Order and NCIS and Criminal Minds and Real Life Autopsies or whatever other fucking crime show she was watching and actually sit down and write it. And every single time, she would pretend to pout. And usually turn up whatever crime show she was watching.

*blink*
*the light dawns*
That underhanded, subversive, tricky little minx!

Sorry. Where was I?

Oh, yeah. So, she died last October without either of us ever having written that novel.

And, I had pretty well already forgotten about it. 'Cause like I say, it was her story. And I thought she should write it. Not to mention, I really didn't have any interest in writing it and had enough other stuff I was pretty well constantly working on.

Well, just... I don't know. Two weeks ago, I guess, that novel was brought (rather forcibly) back to mind.

And, well... I can't really try to make her write it anymore.

*sigh*

So, I don't know. But, I guess it looks like I'm going to be writing a Mystery/Thriller (of some sort) for the next little while.

So, how you doin'?

(And, yes. In case you are reading this and haven't gotten the memo, the bombardment in open forum, in Private Messages, and in my email has convinced me not to follow my inclination posted on the 15th. You guys win. I'm not going anywhere. So, chill already. At least about that. I'm fine. I'm here. Let's move on.)

My Stories

Old 08-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #99
Angedesoleil
Literotica Guru

♡♡ now does the chicken place deliver?

Old 08-24-2018, 05:29 AM   #100
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Sweet Serenade... or was it?

So, jumping in the time machine, there are a couple of songs that used to be pretty popular for a while.

Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
and
Journey - Open Arms

Now, at the time, I had a pretty decent voice. Ok, false modesty aside, I made the all-state choir. *shrug* Don't get too excited. That was decades ago of five packs a day and then my Parkinson's affecting my diaphragm on top of it. (And, no. There are no surviving recordings that I'm aware of.)

Any road, my point is that I used to sing at the drop of a hat. Either along with what was on the radio or acapella. And I was not only not discouraged by innocent bystanders but was often asked to sing particular songs.

Well, as discussed elsewhere, I'd left Love behind for a variety of reasons that I've also made clear... Only, I was having a little trouble leaving her completely behind. And we would talk on the phone occasionally. And generally, she would ask me to sing to her before I ended the phone call.

Well, on the night in question, I'm not just real sure what happened. My best guess is that I must have been trying to decide which of those two hits linked above that I was going to sing for her. But, what came out of my mouth was;

So, now I run to you with broken arms...

Needless to say, that was as far as I got before her hilarity ended that particular serenade.

Two decades later, she would ask me to sing "Broken Arms" from time to time. Or else, I would sense she was in a foul mood and would bring the tunes to cheer her up. I never bothered to recreate the rest of the song. I didn't have to. That one line would send her off into gales of laughter every time.

My Stories