Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Site News & Tech Support > Lit Tech Support

Old 03-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #51
Captainnumnuts
Loves Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphhia View Post
This morning I tried searching stories and nothing came up. I simplified my search to one word and still nothing came up, something is seriously wrong with the search feature
Sorry kiddo. We've been abandoned. Mommy and Daddy left w/out saying goodbye. My door's open if you find anything.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #52
Saphhia
Virgin

Angry Search is totally broken

You cannot search anything at all, stories, authors, anything! No wonder no one is reading my stories, they can't find them! This is a huge problem, and you think someone would be on this. If the moderators have indeed abandoned this site, that would be a huge loss.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #53
MindsMirror
Really Experienced

Is there any way to exclude entries? If not, we'd love to see that added.
-MM

Old 04-23-2018, 01:29 AM   #54
Pasqueflower
Virgin

Here are three suggestions to improve the usability of the tags portal:

1. Do away with story categories, or treat them like tags. It's hard to find stories that could easily fit into two or three categories, because once you click on one category you're excluding a lot of others. If I want to look for Lesbian Fantasy stories, I don't know whether they're filed under Lesbian or Sci-Fi & Fantasy, and the second I click on one I'm losing half of the stories. Categories don't provide anything right now. Tags should replace them entirely.

2. Consolidate similar tags. There are a lot of tags right now that are basically duplicates of each other. As above, if I want stories about elves and click on the "Elves" tag, I don't get the stories that were instead tagged "Elf." There are tons of tags that could be consolidated. For example: Submission/Submissive, Sister/Sisters, Dominance/Dominant/Domination, Exhibitionism/Exhibitionist. You get the idea. In each of these cases, the existence of these duplicates makes it harder to find the right stories because you don't know which tags to search under, and you end up having to search through combinations of all of these tags to find all of the stories you want.

3. Allow the exclusion of tags. It's arguably more important to not get the stories you don't want that to get the ones you do.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:51 PM   #55
NYcastaway
Experienced

I do not find the tags portal useful.

Tags might be nice. But I rather search for lit reading material like a library. Just keep the new submissions and search alive and well.

Just an old fart, with the voice of a 28 year old running the show in his head while chasing a gulf coast sunset. Pink Moscato anyone?

Did I mention I love to cook. Mmmmmmmmmmmm in my kitchen. This is where the magic starts.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:45 PM   #56
Dreamweaver594
Virgin

Forums

Where are the forums? Email response to me account. Dreamweaver594

Old 07-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #57
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver594 View Post
Where are the forums? Email response to me account. Dreamweaver594
Front page for all forums:

http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 07-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #58
o2baPrince
Literotica Guru

I'll second this advice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasqueflower View Post
Here are three suggestions to improve the usability of the tags portal:

1. Do away with story categories, or treat them like tags. It's hard to find stories that could easily fit into two or three categories, because once you click on one category you're excluding a lot of others. If I want to look for Lesbian Fantasy stories, I don't know whether they're filed under Lesbian or Sci-Fi & Fantasy, and the second I click on one I'm losing half of the stories. Categories don't provide anything right now. Tags should replace them entirely.

2. Consolidate similar tags. There are a lot of tags right now that are basically duplicates of each other. As above, if I want stories about elves and click on the "Elves" tag, I don't get the stories that were instead tagged "Elf." There are tons of tags that could be consolidated. For example: Submission/Submissive, Sister/Sisters, Dominance/Dominant/Domination, Exhibitionism/Exhibitionist. You get the idea. In each of these cases, the existence of these duplicates makes it harder to find the right stories because you don't know which tags to search under, and you end up having to search through combinations of all of these tags to find all of the stories you want.

3. Allow the exclusion of tags. It's arguably more important to not get the stories you don't want that to get the ones you do.
Great points.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #59
spanky725560
Virgin

Multiple tags

Can you search with more than one tag? If so how

Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #60
housewares
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasqueflower View Post

This is SO important. Especially with the 10-tag limit, you're just hoping that people will choose say, "big boobs" over "big tits" or "large breasts" or the many other versions. And you can't choose all of them because then you don't have any tags left.

Either the 10-tag limit should be done away with, or the amount of near-synonymous tags need to be brought together. They're two systems in direct opposition to each other.