Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Literotica Chat Support Forum

Old 01-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #101
Primalex
亀の甲より年の功

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaF0 View Post
You DO understand this is a PRIVATE site, don't you? That it is not a Government entity and you are afforded no 'rights' at all here?
You sound like a broken record.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #102
Primalex
亀の甲より年の功

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Air_Force View Post
Yet, a handful of moderators can drop someone becasue they didn't like a comment or response, then they circle the wagons to justify each other.
Cop mentality. No cop would admit that another cop could have done something wrong. Sometimes they have supervisors who care, but we are out of luck here.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #103
Texas_Air_Force
Virgin

Interesting....

The Literotica motto on Twitter is "Your Story, UNCENSORED." (Caps are mine, for emphasis....)

On the discussion board at the top of this page, it says, "Free Speech, No Spam!"

On their disclaimer section, they claim "Literotica.com is fully exempt from 18 U.S.C. section 2257 because the site publishes text and audio stories only, not sexually explicit photographs or videos." Yet, Literotica DOES HAVE their own webcams section at
https://vipcams.literotica.com/ Guess there are no nude images on there......

So, the site IS censored, there is NO free speech, and there ARE pics of nude women on here, or associated with this site.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #104
Texas_Air_Force
Virgin

And YES, would be GLAD to chat with moderators....

Oh, wait, I can't chat, and they don't bother taking messages.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #105
jaF0
Worthless Toad

Quote:
So, the site IS censored, there is NO free speech, and there ARE pics of nude women on here, or associated with this site.
Yes, there are rules. Like any site.

But there are other sections here on the boards for you to post. The Chat section is not required. Try one of the role play areas.

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #106
ToPleaseHim
BDSM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalex View Post
Since when does "young girl" automatically equal underage? Can I request a ban in the chat mod office for everyone who uses that term now? Pretty please.

"Incestuous sexual activity" is on the instant perma-ban list in the rules, too, yet there is a whole fucking family roleplay room. How does this compute?
This is very interesting. When I moderate posts on the BDSM forum that contain a numerical age we don't like, I often edit out that number and replace it with the word "young." "When I was young..." "She was much younger than I..." Neither of these automatically imply the banned content. Only when egregious, do I move posts or edit them out entirely with a link to the rules.

I'm glad the forum mods can't ban posters.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #107
jaF0
Worthless Toad

'Young' is too ambivalent and could be a euphemism for places adults can't go without going to jail. Places like this need to openly (and firmly) stick to 18 or over.

No, I'm not OK.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #108
Primalex
亀の甲より年の功

Quote:
'Young' is too ambivalent and could be a euphemism for places adults can't go without going to jail.
Conclusion: We need to ban "littlegirlalice".

Old 01-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #109
ToPleaseHim
BDSM Moderator

Quote:
'Young' is too ambivalent and could be a euphemism for places adults can't go without going to jail. Places like this need to openly (and firmly) stick to 18 or over.
Have you received instructions from the site owners that are different than what moderators receive? Just curious. I have no instructions to decode euphemisms. I agree that the site needs to stay openly and firmly above 18, but I do not believe that moderation needs to be heavy handed. Much can be resolved in PM conversations, and we can edit and move what cannot. I do understand that the chat rooms are likely fast moving and may require very quick decisions by the mods, so it is a different job than moderating in the forums. I am glad people signed up for the job, and I do not envy them and I am not second guessing decisions, just offering a different viewpoint.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #110
LordGord
Really Experienced

Primalex, you were not banned as far as I can see. And as for other bans, it's our policy not to discuss them with anyone but the chatter involved.

I can see this will be a never ending conversation so I am going to ask the chat room Mods not to respond further to this post as there is no point.

If you are so unhappy with the way Lit chat is being run you are under no obligation to stay in it and be aggravated.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #111
Texas_Air_Force
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGord View Post
And as for other bans, it's our policy not to discuss them with anyone but the chatter involved.
NO, the 'moderator' that banned me does NOT discuss this. One of my points has been is that if ptk WOULD chat with me, this could be fixed. Oh, by the way, couldn't the name Pink_Tight-Kitty be interpreted, if someone thought that way, as a euphamism for under 18?

Old 01-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #112
jaF0
Worthless Toad

Quote:
Oh, by the way, couldn't the name Pink_Tight-Kitty be interpreted, if someone thought that way, as a euphamism for under 18?
I don't see how.

Really dude, what's the deal with the Chat? Why are you so addicted you're having withdrawl pains?

Me t'inks ye doth protest too much.

No, I'm not OK.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #113
Primalex
亀の甲より年の功

[Chat Moderators only discuss banning and account issues with the person directly involved. Further discussion will be removed.]

[Polite and respectful questioning and discussion is permitted. Harassment/trolling/name-calling of volunteer moderators is not permitted. Continuing this behavior may result in loss of account.]

Last edited by Laurel : 01-03-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #114
Texas_Air_Force
Virgin

[Polite and respectful questioning and discussion is permitted. Harassment/trolling/name-calling of volunteer moderators is not permitted. Continuing this behavior may result in loss of account.]

Last edited by Laurel : 01-03-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #115
Texas_Air_Force
Virgin

Still no response?

One of the moderators said that bans are only discussed with the person being banned. So far, NO contact from the person that banned me. Hmmmmm....

Old 01-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #116
Texas_Air_Force
Virgin

Quote:
I'm not trying to nor interested in 'trolling' or name calling volunteer moderators. NO ONE is talking to me, while you continue to make these accusations in this forum. So, why is no one willing to talk to me like an adult, rather than making a subjective decision and refusing to seek to negotiate a solution? You want an apology? I can do that. But, we gotta talk......

Old 01-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #117
Quip
Really Experienced

You are welcome to message me if you wish.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #118
punishments
Virgin

Have I been banned permanently from the chat, or have I just been kicked?

If I have been banned, may I join again under a new nick?

Old 01-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #119
LordGord
Really Experienced

punishments

Your ban will be lifted tomorrow. Your chat in the room was not appropriate as was explained to you more than once

Old 01-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #120
punishments
Virgin

Thanks Gord. This ban alarmed me. I will take greater care in the future.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #121
lanceGibs
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tight_kitty View Post
He did enter the mod room after I kicked him, I invited him back in after the second kick to talk to Corwin
You are tough!!

Old 02-04-2018, 07:28 PM   #122
tommyjoseph
Virgin

banned and dont know why...

while in the middle of a private discussion, i get a message... that simply said "No" and then told ive been banned.
i know it couldnt be because of something i said or did in open discussion since i never talk in open room.
so im guessing it had to do with something said or done in private. i only post to individuals after reading their profiles in response to statements they make. if they inform me they're not interested i apologize and move on.
so,.... im confused about the ban.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #123
tesscaline
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjoseph View Post
while in the middle of a private discussion, i get a message... that simply said "No" and then told ive been banned.
i know it couldnt be because of something i said or did in open discussion since i never talk in open room.
so im guessing it had to do with something said or done in private. i only post to individuals after reading their profiles in response to statements they make. if they inform me they're not interested i apologize and move on.
so,.... im confused about the ban.
You were banned for posting a link to illegal content.