American Liars

The truth does not stop the NRA from selling a false narrative-



Monday, when authorities investigating the case of the Maryland school shooter who was stopped by a “good guy with a gun” announced that—contrary to earlier reports—the shooter died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

According to the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, Deputy Gaskill fired his weapon at Rollins, while Rollins simultaneously shot himself in the head. Gaskill’s bullet missed, striking Rollins in the hand. Rollins was taken to the hospital, where he was taken off life support later that evening.

https://www.theroot.com/remember-the-resource-officer-who-shot-the-school-shoot-1824126976

So the good guy with a gun - Gaskill - did stop the bad guy with the gun - Rollins, who apparently shot himself when confronted by an armed man.
 
So the good guy with a gun - Gaskill - did stop the bad guy with the gun - Rollins, who apparently shot himself when confronted by an armed man.

What you cite clearly says the bad guy with a gun stopped himself. What's really important to note here is that it was handgun facing handgun, not handgun facing AR-15, as with the case of the Florida shooting where the school cop (with a handgun) didn't go in to stop the bad guy (with an AR-15). As a result, the school cop wasn't the eighteenth bad guy kill.
 
So the good guy with a gun - Gaskill - did stop the bad guy with the gun - Rollins, who apparently shot himself when confronted by an armed man.
Then a plastic one would have worked equally well.

Let's make sure that everyone has a plastic gun.
 
Then a plastic one would have worked equally well.

Let's make sure that everyone has a plastic gun.
Plastic handguns can kill too. Better shoot the bearer, to be safe. Yes, whenever you see an armed civilian, kill it before it kills you.
 
NRA admits to 23 Russia-linked contributors, continues to deny big money from Russia

In response to a letter from Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden, the NRA has released additional information about its sources of revenue. That information reveals that the NRA has 23 contributors who are Russian or Americans living in Russia. While that admission may seem like it explodes previous NRA statements denying Russia connections, all that the organization is admitting to here is that they collected membership dues from Russian members. They continue to deny that the extraordinary burst of funds that appeared in the NRA’s coffers in 2016, an amount that almost exactly matched the $30 million that the gun-group gave to Donald Trump, came from Russia.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...utors-continues-to-deny-big-money-from-Russia

NRA, In New Document, Acknowledges More Than 20 Russian-Linked Contributors


April 11, 20181


The NRA has been revising its statements on the question of foreign donations. Steven Hart, an outside counsel for the NRA, had said previously in an interview with ABC News that the NRA had received just one contribution from a Russian individual between 2012 and 2018.


Since then, it has emerged there have been more. A Wyden aide, who asked not to be identified discussing the office's investigation, said the NRA's shifting statements would prompt Wyden to consider how he might continue his questioning.

"After three letters, the NRA continually, and specifically avoided detailing what measures it takes to vet donations, including from shell companies, a known means for Russians to funnel money into the United States," the aide said.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/11/6015...dges-more-than-20-russian-linked-contributors
 
Success! A new Martyr, for the Free to Troll and Free to Intimidate crowd

All that it has cost the martyr, is all of the contributing advertisers.(It is not as if money matters. What is important, is that Trump trolls feel comforted and supported.)


The woman that decided to use her power as a TV host, to troll a Parkland school massacre survivor- "...has assumed the role of the victim—conveniently omitting the very thing that lost her her advertisers or her own pathetic apology over it."

https://splinternews.com/laura-ingrahams-response-to-her-ad-boycott-shows-she-ha-1825139908
 
According to Ohio U.S. Representative Jim Jordan, liar for a liar

April 17, 2018


Jordan replied that he could not think of even a single untruth that has ever crossed the lips of Donald Trump. “I don’t know of it, nothing comes to mind …” he said. “I don’t know that he’s said something wrong that he needs to apologize for.”

Anderson Cooper 360°
Anderson Cooper 360°
@AC360
·
22m
Anderson Cooper: "Have you ever heard the President lie?"

Republican lawmaker Jim Jordan: “I have not.”

Anderson Cooper: "Really?..."

#KeepingThemHonest

(link: https://cnn.it/2IZT2pC) cnn.it/2IZT2pC[/url]


Ohio U.S. Representative Jim Jordan joins Trump's long line of willing liars, along with Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Kellyann Conway, Sean Spicer...

New habit, of telling a lie, about a lie-

Pushback, from reality based facts

"...alternative facts, are not facts. They are falsehoods."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-alternative-facts/?utm_term=.35c6a729bae6
 
The law decides, based on written laws. Wishful thinking does not enter the question.



Evidence, consistency and scholarship had political power. Today a growing number of politicians and pundits simply no longer care. They are content with what Stephen Colbert, an American comedian, calls “truthiness”: ideas which “feel right” or “should be true”. They deal in insinuation (“A lot of people are saying...” is one of Mr Trump’s favourite phrases) and question the provenance, rather than accuracy, of anything that goes against them (“They would say that, wouldn’t they?”). And when the distance between what feels true and what the facts say grows too great, it can always be bridged with a handy conspiracy theory.

https://www.economist.com/news/brie...new-manner-which-some-politicians-now-lie-and


April 17, 2018

In the Bizarre Michael Cohen Courtroom Drama, Trump Doesn’t Hold Much Sway

Because evidence of criminality between lawyer and client renders meaningless any claim of privilege between the two, it shouldn’t matter that it’s the nation’s chief executive trying to claim its protection. “The only thing that makes this case unusual is that one of the clients is the president,” said Thomas McKay, the assistant U.S. attorney sticking it to Cohen and Trump. To McKay, this case is just like any other white-collar investigation involving shady lawyers and clients, where courts have found that federal prosecutors may rummage through their private communications, using special procedures, if it is shown that the discussions were nothing but scheming and conspiring to break the law — no carve-outs for presidents. “If that is true,” McKay warned, “then that is true in every single case.” Which is to say, any third party who learns that their lawyer’s office has been raided would be able to challenge the raid in federal court and drag out sensitive law-enforcement investigations. Now that would be unprecedented.

Neither Trump nor Cohen got away with it. Wood denied both of their motions to allow them, and not the prosecution, to screen the seized material for privileged content. “You’re not going to take away what the government has,” Wood declared. She later suggested that the side with the better argument — and maybe even reputation — was the government lawyers she’s seen in action in her courtroom for the past 30 years. “I have faith in the Southern District U.S. Attorney’s office. Their integrity is unimpeachable,” she said.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-court-drama-trump-doesnt-hold-much-sway.html

Fox News has always been a de facto ally of the Republican Party, but Hannity’s closeness with Trump is a symptom of an even closer relationship between this administration and the channel. Hannity and the president speak frequently, and Trump seems to take his advice seriously on a wide range of topics, even as he tends to disregard advice from specialist aides. That relationship is already far closer than most news organizations would find acceptable. Trump, meanwhile, has treated Fox News as a farm team for his administration, hiring widely from the network’s ranks of hosts, journalists, and contributors, most recently new National-Security Adviser John Bolton.




https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/sean-hannity-is-client-no-3/558167/


A belief system, rooted in Sarah Huckabee Sander's double-speak, in 1984 double-think territory-

Whatever Trump says, that is the truth.
(it does not matter, it is proven to be a lie.)

Choosing (a lie, over the truth) "truthiness" over concrete facts, figures, evidence.


When truthiness is pitched against the physical presence of human bodies, the physical act of speaking, written materials, printed materials, recorded events, and witnesses to collaborate ?

Simple! Accuse the opposition of telling a lie. (Double down. Even though the whole world of nations disagree with the lie.) Here is where unproven conspiracy theories are useful to liars.

It is very amusing that Trump asked Comey to disprove the the existence of the pee tape.

Trump runs into the problem, that Trump's method inflicts on jounalists and Democrats.


It is difficult to prove that something does not exist.


https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04/james-comey-donald-trump-book
 
CNN, host Anderson Cooper noted, “So it would seem the president and Sean Hannity share more than dinners and frequent phone calls and a mutual love of Fox News programming…”

“Not disclosing a business or legal relationship with someone you report on and have had on as your guest at least 16 times since Donald Trump declared his presidency, that doesn’t sound either fair nor balanced,” he concluded.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/sean-hannity-michael-cohen-tv-reactions.html


"Sean, I do wanna say that I think you really should have disclosed your relationship with Cohen when you talked about him on this show,” said academic and celebrity lawyer Alan Dershowitz. “You could have said just, ‘I asked him for advice,’ or whatever. But I think it would have been much, much better had you disclosed that relationship.”

“If you understand the nature of this, professor,” Hannity interjected, “it was minimal.”

“I understand. And you should have said that,” Dershowitz replied.
 
When one side breaks the social contract, and the other side makes a virtue of never calling them out on it, the liar always wins. When it becomes 'uncivil' to call out liars, lying becomes free.

Rick Perlstein
Daily Beast


Even worse, once lies begin to spread, they become more than rumors--they become permanent beliefs.


https://www.alternet.org/here-are-1...icans-believe-and-right-wing-lies-behind-them

We have gone far beyond Stephen Colbert’s “truthiness” into a more “truth-be-damned” environment; what Rick Perlstein described in the Daily Beast as a “mendocracy. As in, rule by liars.”

We’ve entered a bizzarro world in which calling out lies is considered rude, says Perlstein, so liars are allowed to sit tight and dominate the discourse. This gels with Bill Maher’s critique of the Rally for Sanity, that calling for “balance for balance’s sake” ignores two important aspects of news reporting: facts and evidence.
 
FFS, what fool tells lies, when anyone can listen to a recording, watch a video clip, or read the truth, that will destroy those lies.

What will FOX TV do ? Alter the videotape of Macron's speech to Congress ? Would FOX TV over-dub a substitute speech, by a voice actor ? How is it possible, that the people that pretend that they live on the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Mirror ever accept the lies they are told ? They would have to chose to blind themselves to the truth.

Rude Truthful Men and Nasty Honest Women are pointing out the lies that Trump Enablers tell in public.

Hoping to benefit from becoming noticed by Trump, Republican Rep. Thomas Massie tweeted a lie about what was said in French President Macron's speech to Congress

Tom Massie misquote-

“‘I will advocate for militarism in front of the Congress,’ Macron said.”

Real Macron quote-

“‘I will advocate for multilateralism in front of the Congress,’ Macron said.”


https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/republican-thomas-massie-fumes-macron-speech-lies-said-congress/

Someone noticed the falsehood that Massie tried to perpetuate-

K. M. Penemue
@kmpenemue
·
1h
No. He said multilateralism.

Definition:
the principle of participation by three or more parties, especially by the governments of different countries.

"the (French) president affirmed his commitment to multilateralism"

Tom Massie was not satisfied with taking the words out of someone else's mouth, and substituting the true words with false replacements. Tom Massie lied about what was expressed in Macron's speech.

A true version-

Rep. Jamie Raskin
@RepRaskin
·
2h
Macron seduced Trump and the GOP with all the hugs and kisses. His message is to ditch authoritarianism and the Alt-Right and stand up for strong democracy and human rights

Rep. Jamie Raskin
@RepRaskin
·
2h
By the end of Macron’s speech calling for human rights, democracy, science and the rights of minorities, the GOP is going to go back to calling French Fries Freedom Fries

Rep. Jamie Raskin
Rep. Jamie Raskin
@RepRaskin
·
2h
Vive la France, Vive la Revolution. Macron called for a new “global community” and “strong multilateralism” to resist fascism and terrorism and defend democracy and freedom


From the ears of Adam K. Raymond-

Macron said the world must embrace multilateralism and reject “isolationism, withdrawal, and nationalism.” In a clear rebuke of Trump’s “America First” tendencies, he added: “It can be tempting to us as a temporary remedy for our fears. But closing the door to the world will not stop the evolution of the world.”

He went on to criticize leaders who attempt to capitalize on “fear and anger,” a group that would include both President Trump and Marine Le Pen, Macron’s right-wing opponent in the 2017 election who won Trump’s support.

On the issue of climate change, Macron did not mince words. “We are killing our planet,” he said. “Let’s face it: There is no Planet B.” His play on words drew a standing ovation from Democrats, while Republicans remained seated.

On trade, Macron emphasized the need for “free and fair trade” while turning up his nose at Trump’s tariffs. “Commercial war is not the proper answer,” he said. He also reaffirmed France’s support for the Iran nuclear deal, which Trump has called “insane” and “terrible.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/macron-takes-shots-at-trump-in-speech-to-congress.html

Massie appeals to Trump Enablers-

Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
·
2h
French President is a socialist militarist globalist science-alarmist... the dark future of the American Democratic Party.


Thomas Massie dares to fix insulting untrue labels on Macron.

He warns against Russian bots and Russian operations, that interfere with elections, worldwide. America is not the only country that Russians have victimized.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/04/french-president-macron-denounces-trump

Macron said, "We have two possible ways ahead. We can choose isolationism, withdrawal and nationalism. It can be tempting to us as a temporary remedy to our fears. But closing the door to the world will not stop the evolution of the world. It will not douse, but inflame the fears of our citizens. We have to keep our eyes wide open to the risks right in front of us."

He continued, I'm convinced that if we decide to open our eyes wider, we will be stronger. We will overcome the dangers. We will not let the rampaging work of extreme nationalism shake a world full of hopes for greater prosperity. It is a critical moment."
 
Last edited:
This popped up in the Google News aggregator:

Americans Believe Comey More Than Trump
American voters believe James Comey more than they believe President Donald Trump, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University. They believe him more despite the fact that they have a negative impression of the former FBI director overall.

“American voters aren’t enamored of former FBI Director James Comey, but they trust, by 19 points, his version of events more than President Donald Trump’s version,”
Given that most words spewing from Tromp's terrible tongue and twitchy tweet-finger are demonstrably false, that's pretty lenient.
 
Trump does lie when it suits his needs, but I don't think he lies any more than most pols. Probably the most egregious lie I have ever heard from a pol. has been "If you like your doctor and medical insurance, you can keep them. Period. :eek:
 
Last edited:
Trump does lie when it suits his needs, but I don't thing he lies any more than most pols. Probably the most egregious lie I have ever heard from a pol. has been "If you like your doctor and medical insurance, you can keep them. Period. :eek:
I'd suggest you gargle for TRUMP LIES but what the hell, you'll believe whatever you want. Have fun.
 
It is OK for the dominant Republicans, to use their political power and might, to do things, and say things, that hurt their victim's lives.

But, it is not OK for Democrats to mention all of the things that Republicans robbed from their victims, in order to trade suffering, pain, and fear, of victims, for access to $$$$$$$$$$$$$, to fill their own pockets.

They are living it up, in the wealthy lane, crushing the victims under their well-heeled shoes. The current White House creatures mewl that Democrats are rude, and unkind, for pulling the political stage curtains, aside, and revealing the crimes they committed against their victims.

People are not grapes, and that is not wine, that the White House collaborators are swilling.
 
It is OK for the dominant Republicans, to use their political power and might, to do things, and say things, that hurt their victim's lives.

But, it is not OK for Democrats to mention all of the things that Republicans robbed from their victims, in order to trade suffering, pain, and fear, of victims, for access to $$$$$$$$$$$$$, to fill their own pockets.

They are living it up, in the wealthy lane, crushing the victims under their well-heeled shoes. The current White House creatures mewl that Democrats are rude, and unkind, for pulling the political stage curtains, aside, and revealing the crimes they committed against their victims.

People are not grapes, and that is not wine, that the White House collaborators are swilling.
:caning:

And what about all the BS stunts your king and queen pulled via DNC? If I were them (HRC and Odumba) I'd take the money and run now. What's done is done and we're left w/the collateral damage.

Yeah, I know, you've mistaken me for a Republican. You see princess, there's noteworthy conservative in EVERY major political part. And a handful of REAL Liberals as well.
 
Donald John IQ#45 managed to create a circus around Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal


This week, more people joined in, to help make everything about it more confusing, than it was before.


How could anyone possibly guess correctly, when approaching the question of who lied, and about which aspect ? Politicians and lawyers make telling lies part of their lives, and their business.

April 19, 2018 Rudolph W. Giuliani, Florida lawyers, Jane Serene Raskin and Marty Raskin joined the legal team for Donald John IQ#45


May 3, 2018

In One Hannity Interview,
Giuliani Blew Up Trump’s Arguments
in 3 Legal Cases


Giuliani contradicted the president’s stories on potential obstruction of justice, the Stormy Daniels affair, and even his relationship with fixer Michael Cohen.


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...ani-blows-up-trumps-arguments-in-3-cases.html

Legal issues

Federal law limits the total amount an individual can donate to a candidate. In 2008, the limit was $2,300; in 2016, it was $2,700. In-kind donations, which count against the contribution limit, must be reported to the Federal Election Commission so they can be scrutinized by the press, opposing candidates, and the public. The government can charge anyone with evading these rules so long as that person knows about the contribution limits and reporting requirements and intends to circumvent them. In this way, a defendant’s knowledge and intent become very important.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...e-against-donald-trump-and-michael-cohen.html


Rudy Giuliani May Have Just Implicated
President Trump In Serious Campaign
Finance Violations


MAY 03, 2018

If what Giuliani says is true, and if the payments were made to help the campaign and not (just) to help Trump personally, the campaign may be implicated in illegal activity. If Trump knew that Cohen was advancing him a $130,000 loan for campaign purposes, that would have to be reported by the campaign, as would the payments Giuliani said Trump made in installments to Cohen.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...p-in-serious-campaign-finance-violations.html

Many mouths are blabbing, and it is adding up to cacophony. Have any hope in sorting it out ? link to the list of attempted misdirection



Did Trump Reimburse Cohen?


February 14, 2018, and March 19, 2018:
Cohen Says Trump Never Paid Him Back

May 2, 2018:
Giuliani Claims That Trump Paid Cohen Back


May 3, 2018: Giuliani Elaborates on Trump’s Payment Plan



http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...ani-blows-up-trumps-arguments-in-3-cases.html
 
May 1, 2018

Trump could be forced to testify on questions about his actions before he became president. The office of the president offers some protection from review, Dershowitz noted, but in Trump's case, he may have already undermined such a claim.

"He may have waived some executive privilege," Dershowitz continued. "If you tweet and you go public and you say things and then say, 'Oh, I won't answer questions about that because I have executive privilege.' There is a concept of waiver and the president may have inadvertently waived some of his executive privilege by some promiscuously speaking and tweeting about many of these same issues in the public. So that could come back and bite him."


https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...mp-may-have-already-undermined-his-best-legal
 
NBC News reported that the FBI wiretapped Michael Cohen's phones, which was a lie.

NBC News has corrected their reports to say that the FBI obtained logs of Michael Cohen's phone use.

Has anyone else corrected their lies lately?
 
The New York Times has a column writer, who has proven that it is possible to write about Trump, and avoid the word lie.

gsgs favorite- "reposition"
 
Is it so surprising, that Donald John IQ#45 had a slush fund for sexual scandals ? It is part of Washington, DC political culture.


A long while, ago, I posted the process that women are forced to go through, if they are sexually assaulted, or sexually harassed, while working for DC political critters. It is a meat grinder, and a horror. The victim is punished, just as a victim serving in the military is punished. The #metoo movement should have changed what happens. Congress and the House whined that it was too difficult.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod...harassed-her?utm_term=.xo66vvezom#.rjRoDDq64O


https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics/senate-sexual-harassment/index.html



Although there is a U.S. Treasury fund devoted to paying settlements, it is not a “slush fund” which implies it is secret and utilized for illicit purposes. The fund is administered by the Office of Compliance (OOC), which was established in 1995 with the Congressional Accountability Act and is used for the payment of awards and settlements. The OOC is overseen by the House Administration and Senate Rules committees.

Unlike a “slush fund” which would be off the books, the fund is a line item and every year its activity can be viewed by the public in Treasury reports — for example money laid out from the fund in Fiscal Year 2016 can be viewed here under “Awards and Settlements, Office of Compliance.” In FY 2016 the fund paid out a total of $491,733.97.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/congress-use-slush-fund-pay-17-million-women-sexually-harassed/
 
Is it so surprising, that Donald John IQ#45 had a slush fund for sexual scandals ? It is part of Washington, DC political culture.


A long while, ago, I posted the process that women are forced to go through, if they are sexually assaulted, or sexually harassed, while working for DC political critters. It is a meat grinder, and a horror. The victim is punished, just as a victim serving in the military is punished. The #metoo movement should have changed what happens. Congress and the House whined that it was too difficult.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod...harassed-her?utm_term=.xo66vvezom#.rjRoDDq64O


https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics/senate-sexual-harassment/index.html



Although there is a U.S. Treasury fund devoted to paying settlements, it is not a “slush fund” which implies it is secret and utilized for illicit purposes. The fund is administered by the Office of Compliance (OOC), which was established in 1995 with the Congressional Accountability Act and is used for the payment of awards and settlements. The OOC is overseen by the House Administration and Senate Rules committees.

Unlike a “slush fund” which would be off the books, the fund is a line item and every year its activity can be viewed by the public in Treasury reports — for example money laid out from the fund in Fiscal Year 2016 can be viewed here under “Awards and Settlements, Office of Compliance.” In FY 2016 the fund paid out a total of $491,733.97.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/congress-use-slush-fund-pay-17-million-women-sexually-harassed/
http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=89091369&postcount=95
 
Michael Cohen secured access to as much as $774,000 during campaign to fix Trump's problems


"He represents me, like with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal, he represented me."
-Donald John IQ#45


"Well, as a percentage of my overall legal work, a tiny, tiny little fraction."


"But Michael would represent me and represent me on some things."


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/politics/trump-cohen-fox-friends.html



Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, gained access to as much as $774,000 through two financial transactions during the 2016 presidential campaign as he sought to fix problems for his boss, public records show.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...4-000-during-campaign-to-fix-Trump-s-problems

Wall Street Journal


U.S. Probes Cohen Over Cash He Built Up During Campaign


May 4, 2018

"Rudy is a great guy but he started a day ago,” and “he’ll get his facts straight.”
Donald JohnIQ#45

Giuliani was, in fact, hired 15 days ago. April 19, 2018


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...started-ignore-stormy-daniels-confession.html

Trump hires Giuliani, two other attorneys amid mounting legal turmoil over Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.e9255ae0ea9a
 
We’re not changing any stories,” Trump said.

*brain currently in pretzel reconfiguration*

“You have all these investigators; they’re Democrats,” Trump said of the special counsel’s team, some of whom have made campaign donations in the past to Democrats. “In all fairness, Bob Mueller worked for Obama for eight years.”

That is not true; Mueller, a lifelong Republican and decorated Vietnam veteran with a reputation as a straight-shooter, spent 12 years as FBI director, overlapping for 4.5 years with Barack Obama and 7.5 years with George W Bush, who appointed him.

May 5, 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...y-daniels-rudy-giuliani-week-of-contradiction
 
We’re not changing any stories,” Trump said.
We face a conceptual dilemma. We know that any word fleeing from Tromp's tongue or tweet-finger must be considered false (because it usually is) until proved otherwise. The quandary is, which lies to believe? The lies where he brags of his wrongdoings, or the lies where he denies he said what he just said and claims total innocence and victimhood? Was he only bragging about bribery, sexual assault, and obstruction? Is it all a show?
 
Back
Top