Dershowitz: Trump 100% Right There Never Should Have Been Special Counsel

I remember you claiming Forbes as the only trust-worthy news site and then when I showed you stuff on there that destroyed your point you kind of stopped posting for two weeks...care to explain?
The Tromp-Cohn method is no explanations, no apologies, no excuses, just attack attack attack; truth is irrelevant. That strategy works till it doesn't.

Forbes runs news items and opinion pieces and whatever bullshit its masters desire. The Wikipedia article is heavily footnoted. One is free to challenge those citations, of course. Wikipedia has processes for doing so.

The Tromp-Cohn method is no explanations, no apologies, no excuses, just attack attack attack; truth is irrelevant. That strategy works till it doesn't.

Forbes runs news items and opinion pieces and whatever bullshit its masters desire. The Wikipedia article is heavily footnoted. One is free to challenge those citations, of course. Wikipedia has processes for doing so.

This from someone who spits out nothing but bile, but can't even be bothered to vote. Yeah, you have the moral high ground in this debate.

I remember you claiming Forbes as the only trust-worthy news site and then when I showed you stuff on there that destroyed your point you kind of stopped posting for two weeks...care to explain?

When was this?

My family and I went on vacation in Florida for two weeks earlier this spring.

The weather was disappointing.

There's a good piece in last week's New York about Roy Cohn.

Wikipedia is an infinitely more reliable source than "her" constant references to the Moonie paper.

The news that special counsel Robert Mueller has tapped more help from the Justice Department to help with the year-old probe into Russian interference during the 2016 election just shows that he was never needed in the first place, Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz argued Friday....

If Mueller hands off the probe to a larger team of prosecutors, that would "vindicate me completely," Dershowitz added. "That's what I said from the beginning. Mueller should not be in this probe. It should be left to existing professional civil servant prosecutors, people who have served Republicans and Democrats alike, people who have been in the U.S. Attorney's office some of them 20, 30, 40 years.Let them do the investigation. We don't need a special counsel."​

S. Fitzgerald, Dershowitz: Mueller's Call for Help Shows Special Counsel Never Needed, Newsmax (Jul. 6, 2018).

Abuse

Dershowitz is right,Mueller has gone beyond his mandate and ignored the real Russian collusion which was with the Clinton campaign and Uraniuim 1

LOL, if you’re going to invoke whataboutism you’ll need to accept that special investigations can take years to bear fruit. Mueller is actually moving pretty fast.

LOL, if you’re going to invoke whataboutism you’ll need to accept that special investigations can take years to bear fruit. Mueller is actually moving pretty fast.

You're missing the point of the article. The idea of a "special prosecutor" is that he or she should be independent of the Washington establishment. Now Mr. Mueller wants to use that establishment to conduct the investigation. If so, why did we appoint an supposedly independent prosecutor in the first place?

All Dershowitz is trying to do is sell books and be relevant when instead he is a has-been that lost all credibility and relevance during the OJ fiasco.

You're missing the point of the article. The idea of a "special prosecutor" is that he or she should be independent of the Washington establishment. Now Mr. Mueller wants to use that establishment to conduct the investigation. If so, why did we appoint an supposedly independent prosecutor in the first place?

What do you mean establishment? If it suited Dershowitz he’d be arguing the exact opposite, that a special investigative commission appointed by congress couldn’t possibly be non-partisan because establishment and they should have appointed a special counsel.

But my comment was directed at Dazzle1’s whataboutism.

What do you mean establishment? If it suited Dershowitz he’d be arguing the exact opposite, that a special investigative commission appointed by congress couldn’t possibly be non-partisan because establishment and they should have appointed a special counsel.

But my comment was directed at Dazzle1’s whataboutism.

I meant that a Special Counsel is supposed to be used only when there is reason not to trust the ordinary investigators. Thus, by definition, Mr. Mueller requesting the use of those investigators establishes he is unnecessary to, and inappropriate for, such an investigation. You can't have it both ways.

I meant that a Special Counsel is supposed to be used only when there is reason not to trust the ordinary investigators. Thus, by definition, Mr. Mueller requesting the use of those investigators establishes he is unnecessary to, and inappropriate for, such an investigation. You can't have it both ways.

Nonsense. Partisans like you will cry foul no matter the situation. What are you afraid of? Mueller is grinding away and getting results, ever closer to the heart of things and Russian Republicans want it wrapped up already. Why is that?

This all depends on a big "IF."

IF Mueller is tapping these investigators with the goal of "handing off" to them eventually.

Dershowitz is making a lot of assumptions.

a. We don't know what he has these people doing. It could be Xeroxing. It could be pouring through phone records. It could be menial stuff, leg work. It could be minor aspects. We don't know.

b. Mueller has his own handpicked team of prosecutors. It's mere guesswork that for some reason he's going ignore them and pass this ALL on to the Justice Department.

c. Most importantly, there's a distinction between INVESTIGATION and PROSECUTION.

Mueller's investigative powers are his alone. No one's saying he's handing the investigation over to the Justice Department. He's enlisted some prosecutory HELP from the Justice Department, not ceded his unique authority over to the Justice Department. The investigation remains his.

Just as I wrote above, Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz recently explained of the recent indictment of 12 Russian officials:

“Well, you know it proves — this indictment proves that we never needed a special counsel,” Dershowitz replied.

He continued on: “This indictment could have been brought by ordinary prosecutors, ordinary FBI agents. There’s no conflict here. It’s Russians they are going after. There is no president; There’s no people around the president; There’s no conflict between the attorney general, the deputy attorney general and Americans — It’s all Russians. Why do we need to spend 20, 30, 40 million dollars, have special counsel appointed to do a routine national security investigation?”​

T. Auber, Dershowitz on Mueller’s Indictment of 12 Russians: It ‘Proves That We Never Needed a Special Counsel’, Mediaite (Jul. 13, 2018).

The probe isn't over.

Several American are alluded to in the indictments, including Donald Trump, Roger Stone, and an unnamed Congressman.

Dershowitz knows that as well as anyone.

Wait until the ref calls time and it's over and done with. Until then shut up

Just as I wrote above, Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz recently explained of the recent indictment of 12 Russian officials:

“Well, you know it proves — this indictment proves that we never needed a special counsel,” Dershowitz replied.

He continued on: “This indictment could have been brought by ordinary prosecutors, ordinary FBI agents. There’s no conflict here. It’s Russians they are going after. There is no president; There’s no people around the president; There’s no conflict between the attorney general, the deputy attorney general and Americans — It’s all Russians. Why do we need to spend 20, 30, 40 million dollars, have special counsel appointed to do a routine national security investigation?”​

T. Auber, Dershowitz on Mueller’s Indictment of 12 Russians: It ‘Proves That We Never Needed a Special Counsel’, Mediaite (Jul. 13, 2018).

I meant that a Special Counsel is supposed to be used only when there is reason not to trust the ordinary investigators.

Umm Trump fired the head of the FBI because Comey wouldn't give Trump personal loyalty and protection from the treason he committed to get elected.

You really are that fucking stupid and racist huh?

Stop quoting Dershowitz
He is a mouthpiece for the Trump clan
The investigation is done when it is done
We will see if their was collusion then and probably nothing about until then
Just all the other crimes will come out. Bobs of money laundering! Some crimes Trump might not live to be tried for or he will be pardoned for by Pence.
Gotta win 2020 to stay out of jail!!

Back