The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the gallery. John Cederquist builds amazing furniture. If throughout the XX Century "form follows function" was an architectural rule, the post-Modernists have thrown it out the window. He draws from Surrealism, cartoons and Japanese art to design and assemble quirky, strangely shaped chairs and chests that no matter how bizarre they appear, actually work. Astonishing stuff, really. I think he's the last Surrealist . . .

You're right. His work is unusual, but very interesting.

Back from the gallery. John Cederquist builds amazing furniture. If throughout the XX Century "form follows function" was an architectural rule, the post-Modernists have thrown it out the window. He draws from Surrealism, cartoons and Japanese art to design and assemble quirky, strangely shaped chairs and chests that no matter how bizarre they appear, actually work. Astonishing stuff, really. I think he's the last Surrealist . . .

That is some INCREDIBLE work! :eek:

Afternoon all.

Can't stay long as I have a 5-10PM shift today, but I got the next three days off. Maybe I'll use the time wisely for a change and get some serious writing done. ;)

It's below the freezing mark here. -3 Celsius is the current temperature, according the widget in my browser.

First of three days off, so far I've got one blog post written and am working on finishing a chapter - not to shabby though I'll have to take some time to wash the dishes. They're getting a bit too high for my tastes... ;)

It's been cold and rainy here. In other words, typical miserable Seattle weather. However, there is snow starting to fall in the mountains which means snowboarding season is soon!

It's been cold and rainy here. In other words, typical miserable Seattle weather. However, there is snow starting to fall in the mountains which means snowboarding season is soon!

Ah yes, skiing on a tin tray, I believe. . .

It's even colder than it was yesterday here at -5 Celsius!

I need a glass of hot tea to warm up with!

Me, either. Too many people lose control of their boards and end up fatally plastered on a pine. Not a fun concept, IMO.

Oh, I just got myself in a fluster again and hid for a while (again) :rolleyes:

How goes with you?

It goes and that about sums it up.

Work for a few weeks, home for a few days and then back to work. A little writing scattered in here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back