Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it so hard to make friends?

Acquaintances are easy but you don't make friends, they make you. ;)

In other words, you don't pick your friends, they pick you. It takes a little time and putting yourself out there for them to notice.

Hooray! another anomaly within the infamous Part 1 of the question which Those In Total power (the TITs) have completely mis-written, entering the wrong data, pasting bits of another part of the question suggesting this part won't be assessed (oh, yes it will! my babies), and saying the students must analyse 'a table' when there are 2 tables. Now they say the students must analyse four sub-headings, when they mean categories, but there is a table with four sub-headings so the students will probably just do those, la la la! Thank you, yes, the salary will do nicely, and can you employ an effing beta reader instead of mucking up the question on the part of the module the students find most difficult and intimidating! :mad:

Hooray! another anomaly within the infamous Part 1 of the question which Those In Total power (the TITs) have completely mis-written, entering the wrong data, pasting bits of another part of the question suggesting this part won't be assessed (oh, yes it will! my babies), and saying the students must analyse 'a table' when there are 2 tables. Now they say the students must analyse four sub-headings, when they mean categories, but there is a table with four sub-headings so the students will probably just do those, la la la! Thank you, yes, the salary will do nicely, and can you employ an effing beta reader instead of mucking up the question on the part of the module the students find most difficult and intimidating! :mad:

A cane is not just for students, is it . . . .

Oh Drat:
My garage phoned this morning. It seems my alternator has gone skew-whiff and taken the battery. as well.
More cash outlay. . .
:mad:

Won my first poker game in two years last night, after going heads up against my father. Even if you consider that I didn't play for 14 months, that remaining 10 months is still a long time for me to go without winning a game.

Won my first poker game in two years last night, after going heads up against my father. Even if you consider that I didn't play for 14 months, that remaining 10 months is still a long time for me to go without winning a game.

:cool: Way to go!

One of my Volvos broke its throttle cable last night as I was on the way from the Chinese takeaway to my wife who was babysitting our grandchildren.

The AA (Automobile Association not Alcoholics!) were there in 15 minutes, temporarily repaired the cable within 5 minutes at a parts' cost of 10 pence, and the meal was still hot enough to eat when I arrived.

Thank you, AA mechanic.

But I need a new throttle cable soon.

Take heart, TGP, for it will presage a turning in your fortunes generally.
By optimistic, not amazed.

I despise that I have to take these unnecessary classes. Let me just get on with my major and quit wasting my money and my time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back