Bruce Jenner

jomar

chillin
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Posts
25,990
Pictures of him wearing a dress and looking at himself in a reflecting glass window on tv tonight.

Tough to do in the public eye.

Good for him and too bad it took so long for him, but maybe he wasn't ready until now.
 
Nobody?

This is pretty groundbreaking for such a athlete/celebrity to do this in the modern age of reality shows and instant access and could do some great good, especially since there is some coverage of young children identifying as transgendered.

I know Renee Richards was awesome back in the day, but still.
 
I didn't watch the interview, but I can't help but think this is about money and 15 minutes of fame given the Kardasian connection.
 
I agree Rainshine.

Yes and no, albertaboy. I think if he wasn't part of the Kardasian clan it would still be news, but not the monetizing spectacle they bring.
 
Not that I live at the last bus stop on earth, but I had to Google Bruce Jenner and Kardashians... I heard of both but needed to get up to speed :) Well there's a load of shit news items about Jenner on the web and there's even a post in GB :rolleyes:

Finally caught up...

I think she looks great. Good for her. Good for trans people everywhere :rose:
 
Last edited:
I agree Rainshine.

Yes and no, albertaboy. I think if he wasn't part of the Kardasian clan it would still be news, but not the monetizing spectacle they bring.

Could be, it would be a blip for a couple of weeks if a guy we hadn't heard from much since 1976.
 
I didn't watch the interview, but I can't help but think this is about money and 15 minutes of fame given the Kardasian connection.

Why would anyone go through all of this for publicity? I agree the Kardashians will do nearly anything for a buck or some more fame, but Bruce Jenner has always been the more grounded figure in the clan. Why would anyone put themselves through all of this - the transition, the public ridicule, the constant awful jokes, etc.

It was a great interview, I thought. Hopefully eye opening for many people. Especially those who don't understand that there's a difference between sexual orientation and gender identity.
 
I think this was huge for getting the American public to begin to understand the lifelong struggles of so many trans people.
 
Honestly, I'd be more supportive of it if they weren't plugging his upcoming show so hard. I can definitely understand the comment about money. The timing I feel is wrong.
 
Back
Top