Holiday Guardians (OOC)

Well, Belle doesn't exactly have to be Yuan's rescuer, but the idea that Yuan could've/needed help in the first place might be a source of tension.
 
Okay you two break it up. LOL

And now for a really unorthodox holiday.

April Fools

Thinking this can go two ways. One a practical joker (much like the Joker only a little less homicidal)

Or as April Fools was started because it is actually the start of the Pagan New Year I could be a Large hulking warrior like a Viking warrior (Although I have other ideas for him)
 
Okay you two break it up. LOL

And now for a really unorthodox holiday.

April Fools

Thinking this can go two ways. One a practical joker (much like the Joker only a little less homicidal)

Or as April Fools was started because it is actually the start of the Pagan New Year I could be a Large hulking warrior like a Viking warrior (Although I have other ideas for him)

As a devoted fan of the film "Crisis on Two Earths" and that one episode of "Batman The Brave and The Bold" where Bats goes to an Earth where the good guys are bad and vice versa, I think a heroic Joker type would be incredible. But that's just me.
 
It took me awhile to come up with an idea that seemed clever enough. This character is representing Armed Forces Day/Armistice Day/Veteran's Day--whatever you want to call it because almost every country has a day like this, and will also be a playful satire of the military of a certain country in which I will not say. :rolleyes:

I almost called him G.I. Joe...I hope you guys like the concept.

Master Veteran
Patton_iconic_photo.jpg

Hero of the World Wars and military legend, Master Veteran’s leadership and stalwart valor helped the Allied Powers triumph over evil. He is a man that radiates charisma and instills in every warrior a sense of reassurance and pride. He is a teacher always showing humility by training and mentoring those who show that they have the fighting spirit: “never give up and never surrender!”

Master Veteran is the guardian of all military holidays, honors, tributes, and salutes around the world. He is fluent in every language known to man and well-versed in the military cultures and traditions of every country.

Bearing: One of the few people in the universe who looks good in everything he wears and does. He is a highly disciplined man. No one will see him cry or show fear before the eyes of the enemy or Death. He stands fast amidst calamity and with a sound mind swiftly devises a solution. He is fearless and his courage cannot be shaken.

Master Strategist: He is creative, enthusiastic, and an expert improviser. He carries a special map that will detail any area on planet earth. If he needs to get a unit out of Dodge or set up a strategic offense/defense, he knows that he can rely on his map.

Master Instructor: Master Veteran doesn't like to hear excuses. He can be as loving as a father or as brutal as a bulldog. What is known is that he is capable of unlocking the potential in anyone - a side of themselves that they never knew existed. If he has to, he will train you to carry out the mission.

Master of Arms: Ever heard the term, “Army of One?” Master Veteran can summon an entire force from footsoldiers to naval fleets and squadrons. He is a one man Army and quite the Force to be reckoned with. However, he can only summon this force by the power of his dog tags.

Master Fitness: Don't let his looks deceive you. He looks like an old man, may sometimes act like an old man, but don't ever challenge the veteran to a fitness match and expect to win easy. His mental and physical prowess is off the charts. He is a tough and powerful son of a gun.

Morale Booster: With the power of his Master Banner, the strength and powers of his allies will be boosted for as long as the flag flies.

The guardian went missing one day to the shock of his protégé Omega Joe. Joe believes that his mentor was kidnapped by archenemy Adolf Hitler and that he may be plotting to use his dog tags to wage a World War 3 on the world. Joe is determined to find him before it’s too late, but first, he has to get his own dog tags back!

Omega Joe
bionic_commando_rearmed_conceptart_40p3c.jpg
Powers/Abilities

Joe is a super soldier with extraordinary physical and mental prowess and combat ability. He is the epitome of resilience and motivation, and takes pride in representing military heroes both fallen and alive; foreign and domestic. He is the defender of military honors, and is in search of his old mentor, Master Veteran.

He fights with an arsenal of weaponry from pistols to jets and attack helicopters. He is an expert demolitionist as well as shot. While some veterans may shed a tear over his gung-ho glory, others might think he’s war-crazy. It is unknown how Joe will arrive to battle or what he’ll bring with him, but what is known is that he brings devastation to his enemies.

Aid Bag

Omega Joe can manifest an aid bag for emergency purposes. If a battle buddy goes down, he’ll rush to his or her aid after suppressing the fire of the enemy and render first-aid.

Ruck Sack

Another magical bag of Joe’s which offers supplies for camping. It comes with camouflage equipment as well as MREs if the group is ever hungry.

Dog Tags

Joe’s dog tags are what give him the ability to be Omega Joe. He never takes them off and wears them even in the shower. If he ever loses his tags or if they’re removed from his neck, he will lose his super soldier abilities and become an average human.
 
Last edited:
Oh, and what I thought would make for a humorous beginning for this character (if you guys allow me to join this game that is) is if he lost his dog tags to a one-night stand, and nobody recognizes him as Joe because when he's a normal human he's actually some nerdy-looking teenager. :D He'll be trying to find the girl who stole them though using his stolen bicycle of justice!
 
Last edited:
As a devoted fan of the film "Crisis on Two Earths" and that one episode of "Batman The Brave and The Bold" where Bats goes to an Earth where the good guys are bad and vice versa, I think a heroic Joker type would be incredible. But that's just me.

Ah the Red Hood Joker. Wasn't he fun :D. Then the team up between Batman and Joker as he tries to clear his name. Now that was epic.

"What's this button do Batsy?"

Okay a Clown Prince it is. I was actually leaning that way myself. Hmm Wonder if I should be really risque and write as a woman and do a Harley Quinn type of character LOL.
 
My sense is-- and please correct me if I'm wrong, Tears, I'm just kind of feeling it out --that because we're the "back up" Guardians, so to speak, of our respective holidays, we might not be as powerful as the "main" Guardians.

Therefore, thematically, we might not have access to the same levels of brute force and raw power as our "front row," so we'll need to rely more on wits and skill.

I think the good-guy Joker (or Comedienne!) lends itself better to that theme than the bruiser Viking type guy.
 
My sense is-- and please correct me if I'm wrong, Tears, I'm just kind of feeling it out --that because we're the "back up" Guardians, so to speak, of our respective holidays, we might not be as powerful as the "main" Guardians.

Therefore, thematically, we might not have access to the same levels of brute force and raw power as our "front row," so we'll need to rely more on wits and skill.

I think the good-guy Joker (or Comedienne!) lends itself better to that theme than the bruiser Viking type guy.

Yes, we'd be weaker than the main guardians/avatars.
 
Okay, cool.

Now, how closely does this world hew to the "Rise of The Guardians" paradigm?

Are we and our related arcana invisible unless people believe in us?
 
Last edited:
My sense is-- and please correct me if I'm wrong, Tears, I'm just kind of feeling it out --that because we're the "back up" Guardians, so to speak, of our respective holidays, we might not be as powerful as the "main" Guardians.

Therefore, thematically, we might not have access to the same levels of brute force and raw power as our "front row," so we'll need to rely more on wits and skill.

I think the good-guy Joker (or Comedienne!) lends itself better to that theme than the bruiser Viking type guy.

Isn't power subjective? Because you might think someone at the level of class 75 is extremely powerful (using Marvel tiers as an example), but if the Main Guardian is class 100, then it's justified. Also, writer collaboration and plotting is what really orchestrates a good game. It shouldn't matter what kind of character someone plays (well, I mean this only they shouldn't be playing something outside what the game has intended) because if the storyline goes in the direction that it's planned, the action goes in the direction that is planned, or even the drama, it'll work out. It's all about having fun, right? :)
 
Power is subjective, that's true, just as everything's relative, and Play Well With Others is my Rule Number One in life as well as RP.

(I struggle to follow that rule sometimes, but I try very hard to keep it in mind.)

That said, I wasn't sure if Tears had a particular direction/pattern/paradigm in mind for our archetypes, and I wondered if my sense of it was on the money.
 
juggling_jester_by_le_mat.jpg


Name: The Jester

Powers/Abilities:
Jester is the embodiment of April Fools and as such is a happy go lucky guy who loves to spread Mirth and whimsy wherever he goes. He employs a variety of gadgets and Magic to do so.

Favorite ones are: Cream pies, Whoopie cushions filled with a noxious stink gas, Streamers that can tangle people up, Bucket that has a variety of contents water/confetti/goo, Flower filled with water, slippery oil, knockout gas, and his juggling balls that can be solid steel or glass filled with various substances.

He is also an expert contortionist and gymnast.

Failings:
One failing with Joker is he can not resist a good prank. If the opportunity presents itself, (A door that enemies must pass through, a quick turn with a brick wall close by) he has to set up a prank no matter the danger.

He also tends not to take things too seriously and cracks jokes and makes Puns up at the most inappropriate times, although they can lighten the mood sometimes and he is extremely loyal.
 
At the end of the day, I feel extremely confident in all of your writing abilities. I think it'll be a fun thread to work on.
 
bunny_boy_by_bleakcat-d5y8stu.jpg


Name: Roger Rabbit

Powers: Roger is the embodiment of Easter, in training, often quiet unless he has gotten to know others very well. He carries a small pouch that is never empties of Easter eggs.

Rabbit's foot
As standard tool for the Easter Bunny, Roger carries a similar silver token in the shape of a rabbit's foot on a chain around his wrist. When used in combination with the Easter eggs, the egg with become filled with what ever he needs at the time, ranging from explosives, flash bangs, glue, etc. However as with all luck, it will occasionally go bad and he ends up with a rotten egg. He never knows what will happen until he throws it.

And with the disappearance of the Easter bunny, he is no longer able to turn Easter eggs into chocolate ones for the boys and girls.

He can also run very very fast and jump up to a height of fifteen feet. He also has training with the sword for defense, carrying a scimitar on his back.

------

Sounds good?
 
Chas, considering his/her powers, would you like to work out something with a more devious Jack Frost?
 
Back
Top