Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just spent nearly three hours on telephone trees and comparison websites.

All I wanted to do was:

1. Increase broadband usage limit.
2. Activate replacement credit card - just a new card to replace one expiring.
3. Change/Renew car insurance because old insurer increased my premium by 75% over last year. New insurer will cost more £3 a year more than last year's premium for better cover.

Those three tasks should be simple. Voice recognition technology doesn't like my voice.

I've just spent nearly three hours on telephone trees and comparison websites.

All I wanted to do was:

1. Increase broadband usage limit.
2. Activate replacement credit card - just a new card to replace one expiring.
3. Change/Renew car insurance because old insurer increased my premium by 75% over last year. New insurer will cost more £3 a year more than last year's premium for better cover.

Those three tasks should be simple. Voice recognition technology doesn't like my voice.

I've not heard how one gets the usual reminder for the annual Car Tax, now it's all electronic

I thought I had a pulled tendon in my elbow from March/April that was making my martial arts classes unbearable to do two-man drills. But that should have healed naturally by now. there must be something else going wrong in there. I might need surgery. Need to make some calls and see if I can find a surgeon that accepts my healthcare plan.

I thought I had a pulled tendon in my elbow from March/April that was making my martial arts classes unbearable to do two-man drills. But that should have healed naturally by now. there must be something else going wrong in there. I might need surgery. Need to make some calls and see if I can find a surgeon that accepts my healthcare plan.

How unfortunate.
How inconvenient.
Best o' luck, TGP.

I'm off on holiday with intermittent wifi that blocks Literotica.

See you in a week's time.

Don't do anything that frightens the horses or embarrasses the servants...

See you in a week's time.

Don't do anything that frightens the horses or embarrasses the servants...

Enjoy the trip, Ogg.
[The servants are already embarrassed.]

I wondered where you were, dahlink. Hope you are having a good one! (Holiday, I mean :eek:)
:rose:

My application for this additional responsibility on my new module completely disappeared into the computer! I was working on it on Tuesday, then I thought I would rest it yesterday. When I went to reopen it, it was not where I had originally saved it. The computer said 'Sorry we can't find your document. Maybe it was saved under another name or moved.' I find that 'we' so annoying! What's that, the f*cking Royle 'we'?

I know I didn't change the name or do anything with my Word document but it's nowhere to be found, the computer says it's under C: blahdiblah remote networking or something. When I have time, I will come back and ask about it properly as I bet someone on here has the answer (unlike my university IT desk) but now I have to go to the hardware store and get Piglet from football and buy her a burger for tea.

:mad:

I wondered where you were, dahlink. Hope you are having a good one! (Holiday, I mean :eek:)

My application for this additional responsibility on my new module completely disappeared into the computer! I was working on it on Tuesday, then I thought I would rest it yesterday. When I went to reopen it, it was not where I had originally saved it. The computer said 'Sorry we can't find your document. Maybe it was saved under another name or moved.' I find that 'we' so annoying! What's that, the f*cking Royle 'we'?

I know I didn't change the name or do anything with my Word document but it's nowhere to be found, the computer says it's under C: blahdiblah remote networking or something. When I have time, I will come back and ask about it properly as I bet someone on here has the answer (unlike my university IT desk) but now I have to go to the hardware store and get Piglet from football and buy her a burger for tea.

:mad:

Did you fill in some form, or other, whilst connected to their computer ?
As opposed to inside your machine ?

Did you fill in some form, or other, whilst connected to their computer ?
As opposed to inside your machine ?

No, I just wrote a Word document and saved it as normal :(

I've rewritten it now. And saved it in lots of places as well as emailing it to people so I can retrieve it from the ether if I have to.

No, I just wrote a Word document and saved it as normal :(

I've rewritten it now. And saved it in lots of places as well as emailing it to people so I can retrieve it from the ether if I have to.

Good.
You may find using a CD or even a DVD-RW of advantage as an archive place.
I'd suggest a floppy disk, but. . . . .

W00T!

The one positive to come from the Bioware hack a couple of years back is that when they put the authentication server for the Neverwinter Nights premium modules back online, they set it to "Authenticate Anyone".

All you need to do is download the three long-lost premium modules, install, and play.

Anyone who enjoyed NWN and hasn't played them better jump on the chance. Who knows how long EA will maintain the authentication server. Once that's gone, those modules will no longer be playable ever again.

If you need links to the premium module installers or a cheap place to buy NWN, feel free to hit me up.

Off to finally play Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Corymyr, and Infinite Dungeons, which haven't been available for purchase for years. :D

W00T!

The one positive to come from the Bioware hack a couple of years back is that when they put the authentication server for the Neverwinter Nights premium modules back online, they set it to "Authenticate Anyone".

All you need to do is download the three long-lost premium modules, install, and play.

Anyone who enjoyed NWN and hasn't played them better jump on the chance. Who knows how long EA will maintain the authentication server. Once that's gone, those modules will no longer be playable ever again.

If you need links to the premium module installers or a cheap place to buy NWN, feel free to hit me up.

Off to finally play Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Corymyr, and Infinite Dungeons, which haven't been available for purchase for years. :D

:D TY I'll let my husband know.

Gah, my mail-ordered swimsuits have finally arrived. (That was MAIL ordered, not male-ordained.) Only two months late :rolleyes:.

Of course they are too small too. Still they were very cheap (in appearance and price!) Perhaps they will fit next summer.

Gah, my mail-ordered swimsuits have finally arrived. (That was MAIL ordered, not male-ordained.) Only two months late :rolleyes:.

Of course they are too small too. Still they were very cheap (in appearance and price!) Perhaps they will fit next summer.

One size too small is much more interesting than one size too big. ;)

I am getting new furniture next week (well, Mom and Dad's old stuff, but new for me). And I am finding it surprisingly -- frustratingly -- difficult to get rid of my old furniture.

Grrrrr.

I am getting new furniture next week (well, Mom and Dad's old stuff, but new for me). And I am finding it surprisingly -- frustratingly -- difficult to get rid of my old furniture.

Grrrrr.

Bonfire night approaches. . . . .

So there I was, mid the throes of preparing to go out, when the Postman arrived.
And with it, my new camera (Canon EOS40D).
It's damned big!
And complicated. . . .
<groan>

Bonfire night approaches. . . . .

Some of my furniture is, believe it or not, made with styrofoam. Don't think I want to burn that. ;)

So I guess we'll just put it out and hope someone takes it, or maybe we'll take it somewhere, or put it out for the trash. Hate to do that, but I can't keep it all.

Whatever your politics may be, sailors know that Cristóbal Colon (or Columbus) was one helluva sailor.

Taking a small wooden, sailing vessel 3,000 miles across an ocean into completely unknown (and uncharted) waters and getting home again is no small feat of seamanship.

You'll never fully appreciate the skill, guts (and, yes, luck) required unless you've sailed in unknown, uncharted, reef-infested waters. It is not for the faint of heart.

If you wreck the fucking boat (and without charts or any other aids to navigation, it ain't hard to do), you are never going to get home— EVER.

He did it successfully FOUR TIMES.

550px-Viajes_de_colon_en.svg.png

Last edited:
I have finally decided to turn off anonymous feedback after a persistent anon has been leaving comments on my older stories. That anon doesn't like my stories but insists on returning again and again to leave comments on the same story.

I'll see what impact there is on my PCs. I expect some 1 bombs from frustrated anon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back