Motivation behind incest - not feeling it

269Thalia

Experienced
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Posts
39
Hey anyone... I have noticed that the most popular all time stories on here are about incest themes. Makes me want to write one but I have never felt those things in my family. (Mom, Dad, sis, brother, I am the youngest.)

Somebody school me, how can you get a scene to take off based on more than sexual heat? What are the keys to the dad/daughter or mom/son relationship that will launch characters into scheming, plotting, hoping, feeling? Sis and I talked about it growing up and went ewwwwwwwwwwww... what am I missing?

Clue me, k?
 
Hey anyone... I have noticed that the most popular all time stories on here are about incest themes. Makes me want to write one but I have never felt those things in my family. (Mom, Dad, sis, brother, I am the youngest.)

Somebody school me, how can you get a scene to take off based on more than sexual heat? What are the keys to the dad/daughter or mom/son relationship that will launch characters into scheming, plotting, hoping, feeling? Sis and I talked about it growing up and went ewwwwwwwwwwww... what am I missing?

Clue me, k?
Try reading THE TOUCH by the English author GreenFingers. This is probably the best incest story on Literotica (IMO maybe anywhere), it is not just about mindless sex but about the unlying emotions and issues. As the author warns, it is a multi-part ongoing serial and is very British but it is well worth persevering as the incest core of the story does not really kick in for several chapters by which time you will probably be hooked anyway.

Links below to first chapter and a key incest chapter.

Copy and paste into your browser or search for the author using the Search Members link on the main Stories menu.

http://www.literotica.com/s/the-touch-ch-01
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-touch-ch-20

Maria
 
Hey anyone... I have noticed that the most popular all time stories on here are about incest themes. Makes me want to write one but I have never felt those things in my family. (Mom, Dad, sis, brother, I am the youngest.)

Somebody school me, how can you get a scene to take off based on more than sexual heat? What are the keys to the dad/daughter or mom/son relationship that will launch characters into scheming, plotting, hoping, feeling? Sis and I talked about it growing up and went ewwwwwwwwwwww... what am I missing?

Clue me, k?

I'd say that the big reason most siblings / family dont see each other that way, or think of incest, is because you think of them as your family. You avoid thinking of them that way either because you think of it as wrong or just, Hey, its her, same face I always see, my sister.

The big change that leads to incest is where the, brother for instance, stops thinking of the person as the mom, the sister, and thinks of her as a woman. In more Erotic stories, it would involve seeing their body, and getting aroused. But all in all, the step to incest is where you dont think of your family as family, but as another person in the world.

This is hard for some, easier for others.
I remember a story about childhood friends, thought of each other as siblings, but when one person Outlined that they were not, they started thinking of eachother as boy and girl, instead of the sibling like relationship they had.

Thats how I look at incest. Not saying im right, not saying its how everyone views it, Just how I do.
 
Rather than thinking about your own siblings, try starting from the point of two people you consider very attractive who happen to be each others' siblings.
 
I have to admit, when I write incest stories I tend to picture my characters as hentai characters. Incest stories don't do anything for me, but I got used to writing them when I was doing the Survivorphile competition and I still get requests for them which I try to fulfill. I usually find something else about the story that I find sexy and then it just so happens that the characters are family members. But I usually don't picture them as real people. I've found that a lot of readers are interested because of the taboo, thinking about doing something forbidden. That I totally get, and it makes it possible for me to write the stories.

That and def do what sunandshadow suggests... thing of it from a voyeurs standpoint rather than trying to picture yourself in that situation if it's not your thing and you still want to write about it.
 
On another note, story about a guy, attracted to older mature women, He eventually became attracted to his aunt, Because his mother and aunt are identical twins, he finds himself attracted to her because of this.

If you became attracted to someone who looked similar to someone else, you may find yourself attracted to them too (Body wise, not personality)
 
I agree with sunandshadow.

I have an incest fantasy, but zero attraction to my family members. I think for a lot of people the fantasy involves an imagined dad, mom, sister, etc who is extremely attractive to them. They imagine the tension of living with them, the naughtiness of having such forbidden feelings, and the internal struggle with desire.

Personally, I would find a story with nothing more than forbidden attraction and and the struggle to supress it, a fascinating read. If you find an incest fantasy too icky, maybe you could try imagining someone you'd love to take to bed as a member of your family, and then write about the conflicted feelings and urges you would have... leave the sex out.
 
I agree with sunandshadow.

I have an incest fantasy, but zero attraction to my family members. I think for a lot of people the fantasy involves an imagined dad, mom, sister, etc who is extremely attractive to them. They imagine the tension of living with them, the naughtiness of having such forbidden feelings, and the internal struggle with desire.

Personally, I would find a story with nothing more than forbidden attraction and and the struggle to supress it, a fascinating read. If you find an incest fantasy too icky, maybe you could try imagining someone you'd love to take to bed as a member of your family, and then write about the conflicted feelings and urges you would have... leave the sex out.

Now this is a good idea, I once read a story about a guy, saw a girl, became attracted. Later he found out they're long lost Half-Siblings, but at this point he was already attracted.

Imagine that situation, think of someone you're attracted too, imagine that you find out they are somehow related to you, Would you be able to forget that attraction so simply?
 
I've posted a two part oedipal story on here. Anyhow, here is the skinny on the whole incest phenomena:

1) Most of the writers in this genre probably never experienced an attraction to a family member. The phrase "like kissing your sister" applies to most families. But most of the writers stumbled on some kind of incest story or movie at some point and were aroused by it. No, they did not turn around and attempt to seduce a family member. They were aroused by some imaginary scenario.

For me it was the movie La Luna, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci and staring Jill Clayburgh. In this R rated feature Jill Clayburgh has a sexual relationship with her teenage son after her husband dies while they are living in Italy.

2) I think the attraction to these stories is threefold. First, there is the whole taboo aspect of it and the fact that the relationship must be kept secret. Second, the sexual tension is intensified due to the close proximity of the characters and goes well beyond their ability to control it. The sexual tension takes on a life of its own without the characters realizing what is happening. Eventually they are overpowered by it and just give in. Third, the principle characters already know each other intimately. Love is present as well as the ability to push each other's buttons. The potential for complex but intense emotions early on in the sexual relationship is there. In the hands of a skilled author this adds another dimension to the story.

3) If you have "never gone there" in your fantasies I have a suggestion. Imagine a neighbor, boss, teacher or friend you were attracted to growing up, someone who you would have never acted upon the fantasy with. Fantasize that the two of you are sharing a house or apartment and the sexual tension becomes overwhelming.

Most of the characters I use are based on women I have known and/or dated. I imagine how an incest scenario might have played out given a different set of circumstances.

4) For me plot is secondary to character development. Sometimes I read psychological articles and case studies to help me write the sort of characters who would become involved in an incestuous relationship. What are the scenarios? Is there a difference in the dynamic between cases of abuse and so-called consensual incest.

5) One thing I stay away from is complete fantasy, happily ever after type of stories. There is a psychological cost for consumating a relationship with a first degree relative. For me, pretending that there isn't is not only dishonest but deprives the reader of one of the more intriguing aspects of a taboo relationship: why a couple would continue such a relationship if it is not healthy for them? Other writers disagree with me here and my lit ratings have suffered because I am not writing a complete fantasy stroke story. But the psychological dimensions interest me far more than a "hot" sex scene.

Here is a link to a story series I am working on. So far I have only written two parts. It is slow going because the story is not told from the point of view of the two principle characters but from neighbors and family members who knew and witnessed the incestuous relationship between a mother and her grown son.

http://www.literotica.com/s/our-town
 
Twin mother and aunt incest

On another note, story about a guy, attracted to older mature women, He eventually became attracted to his aunt, Because his mother and aunt are identical twins, he finds himself attracted to her because of this.

If you became attracted to someone who looked similar to someone else, you may find yourself attracted to them too (Body wise, not personality)
I think the story you are referring to is the one that MariaSh10105 give links to above, 'The Touch' which is a terrific story in some 30+ parts and revolves around a son's attraction and incestuous relationship with his mother and aunt who are twins.
 
Last edited:
I pretty much agree with everything said.

The key to writing a good incest story to show people where the barrier is between the two characters, and how they end up wrestling with their emotions and end up crossing it. It's a huge taboo, obviously forbidden, and that's what makes it so fun to read and write about.

For instance, you asked about father/daughter, a common theme is the daughter wearing a skimpy outfit around the house and the dad tries his best not to look, but he can't resist. And from there you use your imagination to take the reader from point A to point Z. That's were all the erotic stuff is, and that's what seperats incest from casual sex.
 
I pretty much agree with everything said.

The key to writing a good incest story to show people where the barrier is between the two characters, and how they end up wrestling with their emotions and end up crossing it. It's a huge taboo, obviously forbidden, and that's what makes it so fun to read and write about.

For instance, you asked about father/daughter, a common theme is the daughter wearing a skimpy outfit around the house and the dad tries his best not to look, but he can't resist. And from there you use your imagination to take the reader from point A to point Z. That's were all the erotic stuff is, and that's what seperats incest from casual sex.

I remember a story once (Japanese story) which included incest, and I think they set a good barrier.

In japanese, similar to how we refer to our parents as "mom" and "dad" they refer to their older siblings as "big brother" and "big sister". In this story, you had a younger sister, who at some point stopped referring to her brother with the correct term, and started using his name. To the brother, he didnt care less, but to us readers, we saw that as a sign that she stopped seeing him as a brother, but more as a man.

Similarly, there are plenty of stories, The Touch included, where the characters involved may stop referring to family with the terms, and begin using their names, e.g. Aunt, Mom. While this doesnt mean incest, moving from terminology to names, is one way to express how one views the other, while showing the change in Barriers for said character.

Meaning, that while they refer to them in one sense, they have the barrier of sibling / relative, but after they change the term, their mindset differs and the barrier between them weakens a good deal.

(This comment is more of a, How you could write an incest story, a tip. More so than explaining how real incest occurs.)
 
I think a large part of what makes incest so erotic is its taboo nature.

But as to why people "do" incest in the first instance. Well, I read somewhere that we're wired to be attracted to people who are similar to us. And who is more similar than a brother or sister.

Apparently siblings who grow up apart and are only introduced when they reach adulthood often feel a very powerful attraction towards each other.
 
Well hey thanks everyone. It's taken me some time to read through all your responses and there is some good guidance there. I was intriqued by the idea of visualizing as hentai... hentain means sexual perverson but i think the guidance was to view the characters as cartoons, thus removing the layer of the writer's family baggage? Anyhow, it all led me to start a list of rules or elements that could launch an incest story.

Sex is a form of temporary insanity
Family members who love each other can have unknown desires
Family members have a lot of buried baggage, including sexual desires they might not be aware of
Punishment is not the only trigger for sexual feelings - jealousy, hurt feelings, sibling rivalry etc. also qualify
The relationship between the characters (as always) is key. What is there in the lives of the players that allows for sexual feeling, and what triggers action?

Thanks everyone for the guidance.

Thal.
 
I find that a good starting point is often tragedy. Death is one of our more powerful life events and we shrink from it in fear. We feel a need for comfort and the emotions that it brings about are so powerful they can be confusing.

We look to family for comfort in such times.

It's also a fact that we almost always feel a need to reaffirm that we are still alive even if someone we loved no longer is. We do this through food and often sex.

Maybe I'm just a perv from way back but i have always had incestuous feelings towards some members of my family. Never did anything about them...beyond playing doctor with a cousin when i was very young.

I once listed just what i thought the most attractive woman would be for me. i like long dark hair,dark eyes, shorter than myself,older by a decade or so, and a little on the plump side. When i finished my list i realized I had just described my mom.
 
Hey good one...

MsTarot, that is an interesting suggestion. I'm working with a deceased mom, daughter since raised by her loving father, step mom who is moving out because the father is still hung up on the departed wife... a believable situation which leads the characters to a breaking point.

As you suggest, they are drawn to one another by normal human desires for closeness and comfort, then find themselves on that slippery slope. (The daughter's slippery slope -- lol.)

Thanks,

Thali
 
I think the goal is to make it as dark as possible. You're already in the devil's realm, don't get coy.
 
I think a large part of what makes incest so erotic is its taboo nature.

Not only that, but it doesn't take any explanation. An affair or some other risky partner needs an explanation, if you fancy your sister you don't need to say any more than who she is for it to be understood.
 
Thanks everyone for this guidance... a new story has resulted

Well I hatched a F/d incest title, Awakening Eden, and it incorporates much of what was suggested in this thread. Character development is central. Hidden desires and accidental intimacy/viewings are there, as are her skimpy outfits around the parents, and barriers of forbidden desires.

I've tried to develop the strong love between the characters, and to keep them conflicted about their feelings even after they become sexual together. Pls. let me know if you think it works.

First chapter is here: http://www.literotica.com/s/awakening-eden-ch-01

Thanks,

Thal
 
I always work hard to "justify" the incest in my stories. I love incest romance and stories, but dislike "sis/Mom looked hot so why not?" these stories are always followed up with chapters where the rest of the family has joined in.

In one of my recent Mother/Son's "A Mother's Sacrifice I had two plot lines going.

One, the father had passed on(this is a great device, it leaves the mother lonely and longing and the son wanting to see her happy and getting the attention/affection she deserves)

The story starts with her with a guy she has gone out with several times and she likes, they start to make out, they get hot and heavy, she backs off, he gets upset says he's not going to wait around for her. So she is having intimacy issues as he husband was her only lover.

She comes home and I reference how her son has broken up with his very sweet girlfriend for no reason and seems to be very close to her wanting to do everything with her.

She ends up in his room and finds mother/son porn on his pc, she then starts to figure it out and finds his journal where he is writing how he loves her and wants to have sex with her.

Now here I went for some originality and rather than say "oh wow yay, I'm going to fuck him!" she confronts him and....throws his ass in therapy!

The therapist is getting nowhere and suggests a sex surrogate to play mom. This fails as the son,in tears at this point, says all he wants is her.

The mother then decides the only way he will get past it, is to give in. she decides top"sacrifice" herself and have sex with him once.

Even at the start she is hoping he will realize this is wrong and back off. What then happens is she realizes that evn though its her son and wrong, she is not nervous at all! No anxiety and she is starting to enjoy him, she ends up getting as into it as he is and they have an amazing time and she tells him she wants them to become a couple.

phew! Anyway that is one example to where it can almost seem realistic.
 
If you are looking to actually delve into the "real world" ins and outs (oops, made a bad pun), and want an understanding of the psychology, read up a little on "genetic sexual attraction" (essential reading if your plot involves relatives separated at birth) and the Westermarck effect. This may give you some insight if you are striving towards realism.
 
Welcome back, Dude

... you are reborn, Baudelaire. Welcome back! I expect your next missive in verse, au Francais.

Thank you CPB for your suggestion re: GSA and the Westermarck effect. I have used that in Chapter 3 of Awakening Eden, The Father-Daughter Love Club. http://www.literotica.com/s/awakening-eden-ch-03

Au revoir!

Thali
 
The Girl Makes Daddy Pay...

Is published. Ch 4, link below. Thanks again for the insights, I just reread this thread for guidance...

Thali
 
Reborn? Sorry - I wonder if my handle may be similar to someone else's?

Anyway, glad you found the references useful. Je suis un nouveau membre. Ma propre histoire d'inceste est édité et devrait être prêt pour l'affichage bientôt.
CPB
 
I find that a good starting point is often tragedy. Death is one of our more powerful life events and we shrink from it in fear. We feel a need for comfort and the emotions that it brings about are so powerful they can be confusing.

We look to family for comfort in such times.

It's also a fact that we almost always feel a need to reaffirm that we are still alive even if someone we loved no longer is. We do this through food and often sex.

Maybe I'm just a perv from way back but i have always had incestuous feelings towards some members of my family. Never did anything about them...beyond playing doctor with a cousin when i was very young.

I once listed just what i thought the most attractive woman would be for me. i like long dark hair,dark eyes, shorter than myself,older by a decade or so, and a little on the plump side. When i finished my list i realized I had just described my mom.


You are right on target here, A death in ones family brings on such a high emotional state that many times,"Things Just Happen". I know this because it happened to me after my Father passed away, and I Fell into bed with my step sister. Now though not blood related we were still family and it pissed many other family members off that we had carried on in such a fashion,ie kissing in public. Becasue of age restrictions here you have to write about adults,crossing a line that most would not think about, but again they are adults and can make those chooses. I have always been aroused by the cougar type fantasies were older mature women take a young male or female under their wing to show them the ropes. Incest stories can go along the same line but your characters have a closer knit feeling being in the same family.
Writing is a way to enlighten your inner self, enjoy the experience, much like that of incest, its an experience like no other.!!!
 
Back
Top