The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
slyc_willie said:
Plus $8.95 and shipping and handling for the "Gabby" blow-up doll. ;)

29.95 for each alt, but they're on "buy one get one free" right now.
 
scouries said:
HALOWEEN MOM
IST WEEKEND SALES: 87,121
1ST WEEKEND VOTES: 523
RATING: 4.32

The weekend sales of “HALLOWEEN MOM” were enough to push my LITEROTICA all-time sales figure over the FIVE MILLION mark.

ptl…jim

Yeah, but you're still only at 4.32. :rolleyes:
 
dancing bananas????

SCOURIES THOUGHTS ON LITEROTICA’S FORUMS and HOW TO IMPROVE THE POSTING EXPERIENCE – the second of a series…

Can’t we do something about these fuckin dancing bananas
 
Last edited:
scouries said:
HALOWEEN MOM
IST WEEKEND SALES: 87,121
1ST WEEKEND VOTES: 523
RATING: 4.32

The weekend sales of “HALLOWEEN MOM” were enough to push my LITEROTICA all-time sales figure over the FIVE MILLION mark.

ptl…jim

You might want to check out the thread on the death of the short story. See, I just don't think that a lot of people would pay for the stories here. They read them because they're free, so to call it "sales" is a little misleading.


Oh, as for the dancing bananas, roses and frogs... how can you not see them? They're right there to the right as you're typing a reply. Are you using something other than a regular computer, like a PDA or something?
 
MagicaPractica said:
You might want to check out the thread on the death of the short story. See, I just don't think that a lot of people would pay for the stories here. They read them because they're free, so to call it "sales" is a little misleading.


Oh, as for the dancing bananas, roses and frogs... how can you not see them? They're right there to the right as you're typing a reply. Are you using something other than a regular computer, like a PDA or something?

I'm sure he doesn't see them. He's "special."

For you, sours:

:D :D :D :D :D :D
 
cloudy said:
I'm sure he doesn't see them. He's "special."

For you, sours:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

No, I think he must use a different sort of computer. For example, his doesn't appear to have an apostrophe key.
 
scouries said:
Members of AH land continually parade their high opinions of themselves in front of us mere mortals.

Well, this is clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle(s) black if ever I saw one!

This "strange groupie" has even more cute pics to post on your thread, jrs.

Looky here!

117.gif


Just for you, big boy. ;)
 
scouries said:
SCOURIES THOUGHTS ON LITEROTICA’S FORUMS and HOW TO IMPROVE THE POSTING EXPERIENCE – the second of a series…

Can’t we do something about these fuckin dancing bananas and these posts that only include a rose? The frogs with the tongues?

First off I gotta admit I have no idea where people get them from. Clearly an advanced function I don’t have on my computer. But I’m not planning on asking my IT girl Jacqui to get some for me. I just don’t like them.

Especially when used by an exalted member of the AH club.

You ask why? It’s simple.

Members of AH land continually parade their high opinions of themselves in front of us mere mortals. Of how they write erotica and not porn.

Of how they write literature

Of how their sweet tales of romance eclipse the scratchings of we poor non AHers.

So what happens when somebody gets sick? I saw a thread the other day, some broad saying how she was dying or something. Eighty-three (83) of her brilliant colleagues posted a rose, a fucking rose. They didn’t write anything, no gentle or consoling words…no, these brilliant writers went to who knows where, got a rose, and posted it in a post.

The brilliant DK and the strange groupie seem recently to have raised the stakes in this war of bizarre animations – they’re now posting strings of warring pumpkins. Please Miss Kitten, it was one thing when lesser beings like cloudy and darkboy were using these clever (sic) additions to their posts, but you? Literotica’s favorite author?

It’s time to ban these little suckers from our world. And start writing again…that’s what we’re supposed to be after all…writers…masters of the written word….

Not posters of dancing bananas or pumpkins…

That’s my opinion anyway…james r scouries

Yes, and all those novel-long postings of repeated lists ad nauseum and the glaring font sizes and colors too. (And any reference to Dolphins. Way to go, Redskins, won again. And UVa too--seven in a row!)
 
MagicaPractica said:
You might want to check out the thread on the death of the short story. See, I just don't think that a lot of people would pay for the stories here. They read them because they're free, so to call it "sales" is a little misleading.

You would certainly think so. But what amazes me is that publishers do come here and offer money for stories posted here to post elsewhere for money. (I've sold nearly 180 of the stories I've posted here from publishers contacting me.) Either this is a working model, or there are a lot of publishers out there spinning their wheels and watching their money go down the drain.
 
scouries said:
SCOURIES THOUGHTS ON LITEROTICA’S FORUMS and HOW TO IMPROVE THE POSTING EXPERIENCE – the first of a series…

Way back when I suggested that maybe LITEROTICA should start charging authors to post stories after giving them 12 free ones a year. I had hoped that they’d use the cash to do some of the following things:

* increase ROYALTY payments to the best selling authors such as myself
* allow monthly prizes to be awarded in a timely manner
* free up cash for technical improvements
* allow Literotica to hire someone (part time?) to answer customer queries
* hire more censors to speed up the story approval process
etc., etc.

Anyway, the suggestion wasn’t met with 100% approval. I also suggested in the same post that: And hey, if more money is needed for these improvements we could also start charging for posts made on Forum boards.

Let’s say we give everyone 365 free posts a year. Then charge a lump sum of $20 per annum for the next 1000 posts. So, for a measly twenty bucks a Literotican could average 4 posts a day every day of the year. For any posts that exceeded the limit we could charge ten cents a post (less than the cost of a cigarette).


After the experience I’ve had on various LITEROTICA forums over the last few months I’m now even more convinced that we should start charging people for the privilege of posting. And at a higher cost than I previously suggested.

OK, we can still give everyone 365 free posts a year. I’m ok with that – nothing wrong with a little charity. But why don’t we bump up the lump sum payment for the next thousand up to $100. Shit, the way the dollar is falling vis-à-vis the Euro and the Australian Kan$aroo, the foreigners will still be way ahead of the game.

After you’ve used up your 1,365 annual posts we start charging $1 American a post. Paid in advance!

Oh I know that some people won’t agree. The last time I made the suggestion the poor and the students were the first to complain. “We have no money,” they squealed.

Of course the reason they have no money is because they’re spending so much time every day posting inane comments here that they don’t have time to go out and get a job and earn some real money. So in their cases it’ll be a win-win situation. They’ll finally get off their rears and help the American economy and the rest of us won’t be subjected to their endless natterings.

And for those of you who think that it’s not fair because the rich will still be able to post as often as they want while the poor won’t, I can only say this: First, invariably the poor have less interesting things to say than the rich; and two, “Quit your belly aching buddy. We live in a wonderful capitalist society and if you don’t like it then move to Africa, or some Moslem state, or South America and see how you like it there.”

james r scouries

p.s. did you read my latest best seller yet? the shelves are emptying quickly....

p.s.s. as to you SEVERALMAX and fazilwhatever - I'm a little pissed off at you. Here I had to read whining posts from both of you and i didn't know it was the same person. And as i told you a long time ago i've never (and i don't plan to in the future) read one of your works, let alone commented on them.

[SIZE=+2] “the SCOURIES whiners” thread CLUB[/size]​

A list of AHers who have POSTED on this wonderful thread sorted into appropriate categories

YUCK
Avery_Reynolds
the_AntiKKK
Scribbled
SweetWitch
yevkassem72
FatDino
TruthOrDare
Shitting_Bull
scouries_
lloyd_5
AnonymousTroll
Onida

THE WHINERS
Daniellekitten (I still love her anyway)
BlackShanglan
SEVERUSMAX and FazilKotuk
DeeZire
LadynStFreknBed
rachlou

THE COURT JESTER AND HIS SOMEWHAT AMUSING PALS
MarshAlien
CeriseNoire
Unpredictablebijou
Liar
poppy1963
BarbarouSevil
AsylumSeeker
(This guy wrote my favorite all-time post: “Sorry, not believing it. Another example of a wannabe that is left lacking. Put a hint of your "riches" in my pocket and I''be more accepting.”)

GROUPIES
tickledkitty
sourwitch

THE DULL
elfin_odalisque
BlackShanglan (yes he’s in 2 categories)
Tink4Fairy
neonlyte
hmmnmm
rgraham666
Adi87

THE CRYBABY
Darkniciad

THE KNOW IT ALLS
cloudy
sr71plt
fcdc
SEVERUSMAX and FazilKotuk
Trombonus
TE999
Lauren Hynde

UNKIND TO VISITORS
cloudy
juicy j. j.

UNKNOWNS
JPMMURPHY
MagicaPractica
(i'm sorry honey, but i've never come across you before. But hey, don't worry, i'll find a spot for you soon)

THE UNIMPORTANT
CallistaLynae
Dale_Arden
BedtimeStories77
impressive
mediocre
Taharial
Pointless
floweringbella
nasha
writelove
spence99
mjl2010
caprine
ColleyJen
4glory6
Vandren

GET A LIFE MAN

ABTRUSE (45,000 posts?)

GOOD GUYS (SORTA)
mikey2much
MzDeviancy
RedHairedandFriendly
starrkers
jomar
tolyk
SelenaKittyn
English Lady
RogueLurker
Vermilion
Drksideofthemoon
Rumple Foreskin
Stella_Omega
Jenny_Jackson
TxRad
sweetsubsarahh
Grand_High_Poobah

And of course the best of them all:
“THEIR MAJESTIES QUEEN LAUREL III and MANU the MAGNIFICENT”

I seem to recall a poorly spelled review of my Nude Day story. If you didn't actually read it, that explains a lot.

I don't owe you a warning of my alts. After all, all of my friends know them, and that's what counts. Especially since you don't indicate your alts, either.
 
From the Department of Obscure References

tickledkitty said:
Well, this is clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle(s) black if ever I saw one!

This "strange groupie" has even more cute pics to post on your thread, jrs.

Looky here!

117.gif


Just for you, big boy. ;)

I can't see this without thinking of Ponsonby Britt. But it is fun to repeat it...
 
sr71plt said:
You would certainly think so. But what amazes me is that publishers do come here and offer money for stories posted here to post elsewhere for money. (I've sold nearly 180 of the stories I've posted here from publishers contacting me.) Either this is a working model, or there are a lot of publishers out there spinning their wheels and watching their money go down the drain.

I am now officially incredibly jealous. :rolleyes: All I've had is one person wanting to post a story on their site gratis, one professor wanting to use my essay in his class and one person who is starting a web site who is offering to eventually pay me for recording stories to put up as audio files. The last is at least offering to pay me but when is very indefinite.

Oh... congratulations. :rose: :D
 
MagicaPractica said:
I am now officially incredibly jealous. :rolleyes: All I've had is one person wanting to post a story on their site gratis, one professor wanting to use my essay in his class and one person who is starting a web site who is offering to eventually pay me for recording stories to put up as audio files. The last is at least offering to pay me but when is very indefinite.

Oh... congratulations. :rose: :D

Thanks. But no one pays much--and I just had one of my "steady" requestors go out of business, so it's a small change activity. But, what the hey, the stories have already run here for nothing.
 
scouries said:
The brilliant DK and the strange groupie seem recently to have raised the stakes in this war of bizarre animations – they’re now posting strings of warring pumpkins. Please Miss Kitten, it was one thing when lesser beings like cloudy and darkboy were using these clever (sic) additions to their posts, but you? Literotica’s favorite author?
froggiedancin.gif

Glad to help...
cat_1104.gif

Hope you enjoy them...
2.gif
 
Gotta love the dancin' frog!

I guess Mr Scouries hasn't turned on the smilie capability in the "Message editor interface" in his control panel. If it's set to "basic" none of the smilies show.
But neither do the formatting control tags. So he must be manually inserting code (how tedious) to get his big fonts and pretty colours.
 
starrkers said:
But neither do the formatting control tags. So he must be manually inserting code (how tedious) to get his big fonts and pretty colours.

It's very comforting to hear that this is such an effort for him. Thanks.
 
Ye Gods! I finally made it to the end of the thread.

And forgot what I wanted to say >.<
 
4.32 isn't good in your book????????

And remember everyone, if it doesn’t have the logo it’s not official ScouriesWorld merchandise.


[size=+5]S[/size]
[size=+5]W[/size]
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top