Literotica Tags Portal - New Interface Live Now - What Do You Think?

This morning I tried searching stories and nothing came up. I simplified my search to one word and still nothing came up, something is seriously wrong with the search feature

Sorry kiddo. We've been abandoned. Mommy and Daddy left w/out saying goodbye. My door's open if you find anything.
 
Search is totally broken

You cannot search anything at all, stories, authors, anything! No wonder no one is reading my stories, they can't find them! This is a huge problem, and you think someone would be on this. If the moderators have indeed abandoned this site, that would be a huge loss.
 
Here are three suggestions to improve the usability of the tags portal:

1. Do away with story categories, or treat them like tags. It's hard to find stories that could easily fit into two or three categories, because once you click on one category you're excluding a lot of others. If I want to look for Lesbian Fantasy stories, I don't know whether they're filed under Lesbian or Sci-Fi & Fantasy, and the second I click on one I'm losing half of the stories. Categories don't provide anything right now. Tags should replace them entirely.

2. Consolidate similar tags. There are a lot of tags right now that are basically duplicates of each other. As above, if I want stories about elves and click on the "Elves" tag, I don't get the stories that were instead tagged "Elf." There are tons of tags that could be consolidated. For example: Submission/Submissive, Sister/Sisters, Dominance/Dominant/Domination, Exhibitionism/Exhibitionist. You get the idea. In each of these cases, the existence of these duplicates makes it harder to find the right stories because you don't know which tags to search under, and you end up having to search through combinations of all of these tags to find all of the stories you want.

3. Allow the exclusion of tags. It's arguably more important to not get the stories you don't want that to get the ones you do.
 
I do not find the tags portal useful.

Tags might be nice. But I rather search for lit reading material like a library. Just keep the new submissions and search alive and well. :)
 
I'll second this advice....

Here are three suggestions to improve the usability of the tags portal:

1. Do away with story categories, or treat them like tags. It's hard to find stories that could easily fit into two or three categories, because once you click on one category you're excluding a lot of others. If I want to look for Lesbian Fantasy stories, I don't know whether they're filed under Lesbian or Sci-Fi & Fantasy, and the second I click on one I'm losing half of the stories. Categories don't provide anything right now. Tags should replace them entirely.

2. Consolidate similar tags. There are a lot of tags right now that are basically duplicates of each other. As above, if I want stories about elves and click on the "Elves" tag, I don't get the stories that were instead tagged "Elf." There are tons of tags that could be consolidated. For example: Submission/Submissive, Sister/Sisters, Dominance/Dominant/Domination, Exhibitionism/Exhibitionist. You get the idea. In each of these cases, the existence of these duplicates makes it harder to find the right stories because you don't know which tags to search under, and you end up having to search through combinations of all of these tags to find all of the stories you want.

3. Allow the exclusion of tags. It's arguably more important to not get the stories you don't want that to get the ones you do.

Great points.
 
2. Consolidate similar tags. There are a lot of tags right now that are basically duplicates of each other. As above, if I want stories about elves and click on the "Elves" tag, I don't get the stories that were instead tagged "Elf." There are tons of tags that could be consolidated. For example: Submission/Submissive, Sister/Sisters, Dominance/Dominant/Domination, Exhibitionism/Exhibitionist. You get the idea. In each of these cases, the existence of these duplicates makes it harder to find the right stories because you don't know which tags to search under, and you end up having to search through combinations of all of these tags to find all of the stories you want.

This is SO important. Especially with the 10-tag limit, you're just hoping that people will choose say, "big boobs" over "big tits" or "large breasts" or the many other versions. And you can't choose all of them because then you don't have any tags left.

Either the 10-tag limit should be done away with, or the amount of near-synonymous tags need to be brought together. They're two systems in direct opposition to each other.
 
A suggestion for Top stories category

Would it be possible to include or exclude tags in the top stories section?

Lets say that I was looking at the top anal stories of all time and then I further wanted to whittle down my choices by selecting the big boobs tag or foreplay tag. Is this feature already available and I'm just blind as a bat or do you think this is a good idea?
 
A Change

I notice that my story comments are being moderated before they are posted. Is that new or is it just me that's being moderated?
 
Filter out chain/chapter stories

I would LOVE the ability to filter out stories that are part 2's/chapters/extensions/etc for those of us who don't want to have to read a back story.

I prefer stand alone stories and it's frustrating looking through all the submissions and seeing the dozens of chain stories.

Please!!!
 
New Interface lost my "favorite authors" list.

How can I regain access to my favorite authors list?

Is there any way to go back to the simple listing of favorites, both stories and authors? What you have now is too time consuming to search through to find a specific story I've "favorited". If I can't maneuver in the lists it takes away my impetus to stick around.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the privilege of reading so many samples of author's works but that was predicated on an ability to locate said works. If I can't find them anymore, why should I stick around?

I will miss literotica a lot. It has been my primary source of entertainment for several years. My eyes are too bad to watch TV but I can increase the size of the lettering on my laptop screen so I can read it.
 
Mobile/control panel issues

I'm having trouble editing/updating fetishes and hobbies on mobile using the newest control panel. I also tried to add a profile picture, but it didn't upload/show up.Generally when I have issues, I use the old control panel since it normally works better for me (more reliable, simpler, quicker updates), however I can't seem to find the old control panel tonight.

Was the old control panel removed completely? Does anyone else have trouble with updating their profile with their cell phone using the current profile panel? Does the control panel work better useing computer?
 
Can't access quick reply so ...

My list of favorite authors has disapeared. Using Android "smart" phone. Clicking "favorites" only gets favorite stories. To whom and HOW should i address this issue?
 
What I'd like is to be able to see all of the Hot stories in a given category, or that meet my search criteria.
 
How do I cancel my membership? Anyone know?
From the FAQ:

How do I close my Literotica account?

You have every right to remove yourself from the site at any time for any reason. If you feel comfortable doing so, we'd appreciate knowing the reason(s) for your decision. We strive to improve Literotica ever day, and your comments can help us mend things that might need mending.

As a security measure and to make sure that the you are the one closing the account, to remove your account you must log in to your profile.

Click "New Story" in the top header menu.

Choose "New Story".

Make the title "REMOVE MEMBERSHIP".

Choose any category (it doesn't matter - this will not be posted publicly).

In the "Story Text" field, request that your membership be terminated.

Then hit SUBMIT at the bottom of the forum.

All story, poem, and illustration submissions you have made to the site will be removed with your account. Be aware that we do not store site submission data - including votes, comments, and the text itself. Once it is deleted from our servers, we cannot restore it.

Per our Forum Rules, we do not remove forum posts except in extreme circumstances - though you can delete the contents of the posts yourself. If you have posts you would like removed, please do so before you send the above request, as it will be impossible for you to edit them once your account is deleted.
 
Tags

The last few days, the tag search bar doesn't work, I type something in and it just shows all tags, if I pick a tag out of the main list, one will work but any attempt to add another doesn't do anything. If I tap the "+" button, the "+" itself lights up green but nothing happens, same thing when I tap the "related tags" option, all the words on the link turn green but nothing happens, and the search bar still doesn't work. I'm on a note 10+ with a freshly updated google chrome as of yesterday. Dont know the version. Also tried the generic samsung internet browser and I got the same thing on there. I probably wont keep up with this, so a reply isn't necessary unless you have a fix, just letting you know it's a current issue.
 
Back
Top