Yank's Free Range Turkey Trot Warming House and Bondage Barn

Couldn’t think of a better place for this.

I dropped in to answer some mail and then found my way to a thread I started some 12 years ago to solicit restaurant suggestions for a series of business trips around the country. I got so many great recommendations and was able to try several of them. Not one was disappointing. Bonus: I only gained 10 pounds that year.

But it was a bit sad, too, as many of the folks who contributed ideas to that thread are no longer around Thse trips were hard work but occasionally I even got to meet up with a Litster or two from around the country. It was a blast meeting new people and connecting in person with online friends. I wish I could do more of that.

I dropped in to answer some mail and then found my way to a thread I started some 12 years ago to solicit restaurant suggestions for a series of business trips around the country. I got so many great recommendations and was able to try several of them. Not one was disappointing. Bonus: I only gained 10 pounds that year.

But it was a bit sad, too, as many of the folks who contributed ideas to that thread are no longer around Thse trips were hard work but occasionally I even got to meet up with a Litster or two from around the country. It was a blast meeting new people and connecting in person with online friends. I wish I could do more of that.

The ebb and flow of Lit.

What a great way to go about business trips!! I've long thought about a lit-together but because of the ebb and flow, I'm not sure it would work.

Nice to see you.

The ebb and flow of Lit.

What a great way to go about business trips!! I've long thought about a lit-together but because of the ebb and flow, I'm not sure it would work.

Nice to see you.

I really enjoyed those trips, and a lot of that was connected with Lit. I met some quite fun people. True story: I had made plans to meet up with a Lit friend when I was in New York City but his time was really tight. Fortunately, he worked fairly close to mid-town Manhattan so we decided that he could call me when he knew he could break away for a cup of coffee. I got the call while I was touring the Museum of Sex, a delicious little bit of irony.

I have been to at least four Litogethers and each one had its own charms.

This post had me thinking of my all-time favourite thread that I've read on Lit, your Defining Love thread. It's fun to re-read the thread and see the interactions again, to revisit the topic and see hoe I perceive the discussion now, but as much as it's fun to see old friends interacting, it's also a bit sad.

Thanks for starting that thread Yank.

This post had me thinking of my all-time favourite thread that I've read on Lit, your Defining Love thread. It's fun to re-read the thread and see the interactions again, to revisit the topic and see hoe I perceive the discussion now, but as much as it's fun to see old friends interacting, it's also a bit sad.

Thanks for starting that thread Yank.

Oh, my! I haven't looked in on that thread in years, i don't think. My guess is that very few of the participants are still around regularly, if at all. That one was fun, indeed.

Thanks for stopping in here. :rose:

GoodBadUgly_PartnershipIsUntied.jpg

Good to see you drop in.... :kiss:

Bumping because I just realized that I have turned the Insider-Outsider thread into a general conversation thread with a slight emphasis on pizza.

I'd much rather move the conversation somewhere more suited and let that thread return to its original focus if anyone wants to do so.

So, maybe we can move the pizza and such discussion here

Bumping because I just realized that I have turned the Insider-Outsider thread into a general conversation thread with a slight emphasis on pizza.

I'd much rather move the conversation somewhere more suited and let that thread return to its original focus if anyone wants to do so.

So, maybe we can move the pizza and such discussion here

I wish I could eat pizza. I can't eat any dairy any more. It's such a sad thing.

To my eye, a Greek pizza would include goat cheese, black olives, and maybe something from the sea. Anchovies, maybe. What's your Greek pizza like?

Mozzarella, feta, black olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, sardines, roasted garlic, baby spinach, pine nuts...some or all...dealer's choice.

Oh my! Now you've got my mouth watering for a fresh Maine lobster roll smothered in melted butter.

And talking about pizzas, especially with Yank, reminds me that last time I was in Chicago, I introduced the friend that I was travelling with to Chicago's deep dish pizza. She loved it.

Back