HI Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Michigan. :rose: Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We went out and spent a bunch of money at Menards and Lowes this weekend. Finishing the basement is expensive!!

Today, after Lowes, I went grocery shopping and did some cooking. We had homemade beef stew, biscuits, and apple crisp for dinner tonight.

Hi Nauti! Apologies for not joining you last night, but I was dead asleep. Was my weekend to work, and my alarm went off at 4:45 am....only to realize it was 3:45! :eek: *Someone* forgot to change the clocks so it turned out to be a long day for me and by early evening I was toast.
It was such a lovely day, after a week of rain and gloom, worked all day in the yard cleaning out the gardens and blowing leaves.

Your dinner sounds delish! I made quiche this weekend, need recipes that use lots of eggs. Send help. LOL

Good luck with your basement project. Our 're-finishing' is still undone after a decade! :eek: Want to see before and after pics!

Hi Throbbs! :rose: You had a nice day for the drive. A color tour!

Hellos and Hugs to all our HI MI friends. Hope you had a fun Halloween, a nice weekend and have a good week ahead. :heart:

Hi Michigan!
bye.gif
Sunday evening waves.

Busy weekend with more leaf raking and blowing while they were dry.
Saying snow for tomorrow! :eek:

Finally did it. Friday I got to see my first male strip show. :D The 'Thunder From Downunder' made it's once a year stop in Kalamazoo. Took my daughters so they didn't have to wait until they were as old as me to finally go to one.
They did not allow cameras, so only got a couple blurry stealth shots before security scolded us.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It was an audience of a thousand+ women and my ears are still ringing from the high pitched screaming. So much estrogen in one place!
The show was silly and fun, and surprised they bravely went up and down all the rows of seats at the end allowing dollar stuffing and touching. :eek: I hope they get paid enough to make that part worth it!
We were well behaved and had a good time.

Caught the matinee of 'Thor: The Dark World' today. We enjoyed it. Fun popcorn movie with action and handsome leading men!
popcorn.gif

A weekend of good looking men for me! :eek: Hope everyone had a good weekend too. :rose:

Attachments

• ThunderDownunder1.jpg
    ThunderDownunder1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 112
  • ThunderDownunder2.jpg
    ThunderDownunder2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 109
  • ThunderDownunder3.jpg
    ThunderDownunder3.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 108
A weekend of good looking men for me! :eek: Hope everyone had a good weekend too. :rose:

Evening everyone! Wish I could say I had an eventful weekend as Kake... I stayed in mostly (on account I was broke), and finally saw the dentist in years. Took a tooth out, then went to the hospital for a kidney stone.

On top of that, I'm not sure where I could go to potentially meet someone, and online does not seem like something I'm comfy with, considering I do a lot of chatting here.

But in any event, back to grading and planning. Have a good week all! :)

Hi LW. I'd say that was an eventful weekend for you too...though two things I wouldn't wish on anyone. (((hugs))) I hope you're feeling better from both! Not fun. :(

What's wrong with meeting people online? It's how most get to know eachother these days. :)

Hi LW. I'd say that was an eventful weekend for you too...though two things I wouldn't wish on anyone. (((hugs))) I hope you're feeling better from both! Not fun. :(

What's wrong with meeting people online? It's how most get to know each other these days. :)

I am feeling better, thanks, but it would have been nice to have passed it before I was brought into the hospital... :p

As for the online thing, I've been doing it for so long that a face-to-face meeting would be nice for a change. Just for a different change of pace. And I can't say that I've had any luck meeting anyone online that is remotely close to me. Can't say I've been that lucky at all. :(

Oh Kate! I'm glad you finally got to your first male stripshow. But taking your girls?? I like talking to the kids (And I think they like talking to me too:)), but I'm not sure I'd want to go to a stripclub with them. The teenager was embarrassed just watching Magic Mike with me.

Good evening LW. Kate is right, most people meet online anymore. After all, that's how we met. It is nice when you meet people in person though. Hope you find someone that interests you soon. :kiss:

LW, I'm glad you're feeling better. And meeting people online before you meet for real let's you get to know them first!

Oh Kate! I'm glad you finally got to your first male stripshow. But taking your girls?? I like talking to the kids (And I think they like talking to me too:)), but I'm not sure I'd want to go to a stripclub with them. The teenager was embarrassed just watching Magic Mike with me.
Both my girls are adults now and they wanted to go more than I did! LOL They had lots of fun.
We watched 'Magic Mike' last week before we went, a movie full of talking and like 4 dance scenes! *yawn* LOL

Good evening LW. Kate is right, most people meet online anymore. After all, that's how we met. It is nice when you meet people in person though. Hope you find someone that interests you soon. :kiss:

I suppose you and Kake are right. But it would be nice to meet someone a bit closer to me, instead of being hours away.

I know that several people met here, but again, I've never been lucky...

I suppose you and Kake are right. But it would be nice to meet someone a bit closer to me, instead of being hours away.

Well I can certainly understand that problem. It is not always easy finding someone close enough to you to see regularly. You just have to keep on searching. I wish you luck.

LW, I'm glad you're feeling better. And meeting people online before you meet for real let's you get to know them first!

Both my girls are adults now and they wanted to go more than I did! LOL They had lots of fun.
We watched 'Magic Mike' last week before we went, a movie full of talking and like 4 dance scenes! *yawn* LOL

Yeah, Magic Mike wasn't quite what I expected, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Here in rural southwest Michigan, anything within a couple hours IS considered 'close' ;)

So, tomorrow will I have to put the rakes away and look for the snow shovels?? :eek:

Here in rural southwest Michigan, anything within a couple hours IS considered 'close' ;)

So, tomorrow will I have to put the rakes away and look for the snow shovels?? :eek:

I certainly hope not. We are still trying to get the pool taken down. Get it cleaned all out and while we're waiting for it to finish drying it starts raining again. I swear if we don't catch a break with the weather that thing will still be up in the spring!

I certainly hope not. We are still trying to get the pool taken down. Get it cleaned all out and while we're waiting for it to finish drying it starts raining again. I swear if we don't catch a break with the weather that thing will still be up in the spring!
I hope we get a few more nice days as we have unfinished 'winterizing' stuff to do too. What I didn't get in is now filled with leaves and billions of maple 'helicopters'. A bumper crop of them this year!

And realizing will need to plan for Thanksgiving and the holidays and all the extra effort that requires.
I'm getting tired just thinking about it!
;)

Oh, yes, the helicopters are terrible this year And we have 4 large maples in front and another 2 in back. Now that most of the leaves are down, I can see where the birds built a nest right over our deck. I was getting paranoid that they were targeting us on purpose. Having strange flashbacks to The Birds.

Oh, yes, the helicopters are terrible this year And we have 4 large maples in front and another 2 in back. Now that most of the leaves are down, I can see where the birds built a nest right over our deck. I was getting paranoid that they were targeting us on purpose. Having strange flashbacks to The Birds.

You on your deck?? :eek:

attachment.php

:D

At my house I suppose a chicken attack would be more likely....protect my shins! LOL

Attachments

• Nauti's Deck.jpg
    Nauti's Deck.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
The quintessential scary movie in my book.

The deck more than us. And the grill the most. (It's right under the tree) Great place for birds though. As long as they stay out of reach of the dogs, they're pretty well protected there.

The quintessential scary movie in my book.

The deck more than us. And the grill the most. (It's right under the tree) Great place for birds though. As long as they stay out of reach of the dogs, they're pretty well protected there.

Time for them to fly south then. You'll be safe on your deck again. ;)

A hug for you as tired me must crawl in bed!
Have a great week! :kiss:

What does my calendar say?

Happy Birthday Nimby!

attachment.php

Hope you have a wonderful special day!
:rose::kiss::heart:

And hope all our HI MI friends are having a good week. :cattail:

Attachments

• birthdaycake1.jpg
    birthdaycake1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 96
What does my calendar say?

Happy Birthday Nimby!

attachment.php

Hope you have a wonderful special day!
:rose::kiss::heart:

And hope all our HI MI friends are having a good week. :cattail:

Thank you Shortie or the warm birthday wishes, man I'm feeling old

Hope everyone is doing great and having a helluva week!

To alleviate server load, we're slowly closing down any threads with over 5,000 posts.

The new thread is here (clickie!).

As annoying as this may be, phasing out all or most of the active super-long/never-ending threads will increase the forum speed substantially. If you see a thread that's active with more than 5,000 posts, please feel free to PM me with the link.

Please note that these threads are not being removed - just closed to new posts.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back