Would you?

I had to go look too! A superstition or phobia you have? If you haven't got one you could make one up

you or someone you know ...

sarah's mother - agoraphobic and passes a whole plethora of fears onto her daughter

quite made up. damn, guess it sucked then. :eek:

i don't really have any phobias though maggots make me feel sick.

you or someone you know ...

sarah's mother - agoraphobic and passes a whole plethora of fears onto her daughter

quite made up. damn, guess it sucked then. :eek:

i don't really have any phobias though maggots make me feel sick.

Ooops I thought it was something very unfair but it fits both categories really so I'll find you another brand new one!
I used to put maggots on fishing hooks :D

Ooops I thought it was something very unfair but it fits both categories really so I'll find you another brand new one!
I used to put maggots on fishing hooks :D
groans . . . ok, do your worst. don't know if i'll get it done though :D

ordinary maggots have a greasy kind of sheen to them, and are quick, ewwwwwwww *shudders*
the fishing maggots are different - powdery, coloured, almost maggotty-cute - but the en-masse wriggling? not so much. hmmn, i had a big fishing worm, once, that i had to pierce with the hook. it spasmed and reacted so violently to me doing so i felt awful and couldn't do it again. don't tell me they can't feel pain - it felt something alright. :(

Butters your subject is Looking in through the lit window of a house when you're standing outside at night

groans . . . ok, do your worst. don't know if i'll get it done though :D

ordinary maggots have a greasy kind of sheen to them, and are quick, ewwwwwwww *shudders*
the fishing maggots are different - powdery, coloured, almost maggotty-cute - but the en-masse wriggling? not so much. hmmn, i had a big fishing worm, once, that i had to pierce with the hook. it spasmed and reacted so violently to me doing so i felt awful and couldn't do it again. don't tell me they can't feel pain - it felt something alright. :(

I couldn't put worms on a hook oddly enough either

Mollie your subject is Write a self-portrait while looking in the mirror

Self-reflection

Mirror, mirror on the wall let legend keep watch
your vain indulgences to all. Not I who goes to
revel in sophistic orders, falsities to not let spoil
envied facades or stick to lipstick slick glossed
fairytales. I rotate, and seek to be shown lines
lovingly, that grow and live and not with dream
eyes. Let me see crow's feet crawl as years fly,
colouring a mind that with fairest frailties, looks
through, not with, the looking glass. An Alice but
in diswonder, face thinskinned like the rest of me;
older yet freckled still in summer. I gaze to find for,
never silenced, my reflection flawed holds mystery.

Un_asy.

This is not auspicious.
To try and find a way
without a particular you know
what is but a foolish ploy.
I want to rock and roll,
bring motion into your soul
and not go batshit crazy

but without that thing
can I push this travail,
allow it to sing? Fraid not.
It's just a quaint shadow
of what should go
another way. Fuzzy.

Last edited:
Un_asy.

This is not auspicious.
To try and find a way
without a particular you know
what is but a foolish ploy.
I want to rock and roll,
bring motion into your soul
and not go batshit crazy

but without that thing
can I push this travail,
allow it to sing? Fraid not.
It's just a quaint shadow
of what should go
another way. Fuzzy.

Eeeeeee by gum you did a grandly job there lass (terrible Yorkshire accent but they're the ones say Eeee by gum!) Bravo Applause for your 'E' less offering :D

Flashlight

Harry your subject is Telling things you wish people would say to you

I wish someone would tell me,
it's all going to be okay,
that this reality was made to turn out this way
and all those lost gifts and regrets
were only making way for unknown largess
to fill the vacant need, like a hole in a dark yard
where no one should walk without light

I wish some one would say,
here is light for your path,
and a band aid
for your wounded soul.

*cries* must be Manopause, please pick something light next time.

Eeeeeee by gum you did a grandly job there lass (terrible Yorkshire accent but they're the ones say Eeee by gum!) Bravo Applause for your 'E' less offering :D

In my searching for e-less words, I discovered that some guy actually wrote a 50k story without using the letter E. And then I imagine he took the gas pipe...

In my searching for e-less words, I discovered that some guy actually wrote a 50k story without using the letter E. And then I imagine he took the gas pipe...
But he overused the letter I. It's eye-assaulting with all them damn I's.

ETA: Annie, can I get another prompt/challenge?

*Surprise*
<snip>
behind her eyes is lust and need
</snip>

(this is a true story so feel free to laugh your asses off)

I agree with my fellow fans (yes, I am one) and this is an excellent tale and explanation about that scarf.

However; I'm still lingering on this grammar thing and you should rephrase that damned S2L1. You need to pluralize the verb and personally, I'd make the feel of the piece more sinister by using sneakier language such as...

"behind her eyes lurk lust and need
blatant in mine glares an obvious 'Please.'"

I leave it to you to put your own particular todski spin on this, but please fix the grammar before you submit it...

signed,

C.C.
Grammar Patrol Constable

The late French writer Georges Perec wrote a novel, La disparition, that contains no "e" and a novella, Les revenentes, that uses only "e" as a vowel. Even, perhaps, more impressively, both have been translated into English with the constraints intact, as A Void, translated by Gilbert Adair, and The Exeter Text: Jewels, Secrets, Sex, translated by Ian Monk.

The late French writer Georges Perec wrote a novel, La disparition, that contains no "e" and a novella, Les revenentes, that uses only "e" as a vowel. Even, perhaps, more impressively, both have been translated into English with the constraints intact, as A Void, translated by Gilbert Adair, and The Exeter Text: Jewels, Secrets, Sex, translated by Ian Monk.

When I first trained as a copyeditor, my mentor said "This will make you hate reading." And sometimes it kind of does. I mean I love a good intellectual exercise but that is just scary.

So. That Kenneth Koch book/article/thingy: did you remember what it was? Now I'm curious. I can google but mebbe you remember? :)

Ghost Story Ghosts

<snip> stories.
<snip> ghost stories.

<snip> ghost <snip> room <snip>
<snip> leave <snip> room

<snip> leave <snip> room <snip>
<snip> within <snip> leave<snip>

<snip> within <snip>
within their <snip>

for that is <snip> like their voices sound to me--
quiet anarchy like a kaleidoscope.

There was a quiet ghost on Crematory Hill
<snip> Devil <snip> ghost.

Devil <snip> demons.
<snip> demons <snip> ghosts.

<snip> ghost <snip>
<snip> ghost </snip>

I took the liberty and added the words in red as a suggestion on how to keep true to the challenge. (p.s. I like your true version better).

Okay as far as I can see we are waiting on Bron (in high heels!) EducatedOwl/Tess/Desejo/Butters/Remec and WillOtheWisp

onwards and upwards

Champagne you subject is Telling a famous story

Harry your subject is Telling things you wish people would say to you

Tod your subject is Explaining what's behind or under things.

Angeline your subject is anything Without the letter e.

Wintermute your subject is About things that make you smile

Mollie your subject is Write a self-portrait while looking in the mirror
I am in the midst of Labour Day revels and will post my poem as soon as I finish it. It takes a while to write a proper rubaiyat, don't ya know. Right then, off we go............. <swoosh! Exit, stage right.>

Back