Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good-luck-300x300.jpg

Amen to that

Thank you, I happen to adore lady bugs. They live in my house and come out periodically, whenever it warms up.

Amen to that

:kiss::rose: I'm a bit nervous but things seem to have slowed down a little. I feel, a little off but not light headed or anything. I'm not actually in pain, just feel odd. Husband unit has the day off so he's driving me into the city to see the doc. I'm packing a bag just in case but I don't expect to be admitted unless they see something more concerning than what I think it is. I've learned over the years, from other things, that I can lose a fair amount of blood without it being life threatening.

Carbohydrates, thou art the veriest devil incarnate.
I love and hate thee at the same instant.

Get thee gone...........maybe.

February 23. February 23...before I had to bust out the snow shovels. I rejoiced at the task but the precipitation is too little too late.

February 23. February 23...before I had to bust out the snow shovels. I rejoiced at the task but the precipitation is too little too late.

At Wednesday's local auction I bought four brand-new plastic sledges for a total of six pounds and seventy-six pence.

I think that means we WON'T get any lying snow locally this year.

If we do the grandchildren won't have to argue about who has the sledge first.

It's great to be a scientist and to be able to do your own research, but it doesn't really feel that way at this moment. Who said it is good to be ambitious??

My son-in-law has struck lucky. His research takes place within commuting distance in London but he gets to go all over the world to conferences and to work for brief periods with other researchers.

Sometimes he can take his wife and daughter too. My five-year-old granddaughter has been to the USA several times, to Russia, to Hong Kong, to Sydney Australia and many European cities. 'If it's Wednesday this must be Vienna'.

Now she's been at school for nearly two terms the globetrotting has reduced but she is learning French and Japanese. She wants to add Mandarin but her parents think two additional languages at age 5 is enough...

Snow! The Beast from the East!

Today we have snow.

It has sent people into full scale panic mode. Schools are closed. The buses aren't running. Cars are abandoned on not-so-steep hills. Panic buying is stripping supermarket shelves.

How much snow have we got?

About two to three inches...

Today we have snow.

It has sent people into full scale panic mode. Schools are closed. The buses aren't running. Cars are abandoned on not-so-steep hills. Panic buying is stripping supermarket shelves.

How much snow have we got?

About two to three inches...

That sounds a lot like Houston. :D

That sounds a lot like Houston. :D

We aren't prepared for snow. We get that much about once a decade so the public go into panic mode.

I had an appointment in a town seven miles away but there are some minor hills on the way. I had to cancel, not because I couldn't drive my car that far but because every major and minor route is blocked by crashed and abandoned vehicles.

The journey time is usually a quarter of an hour. Some people have been on their way for five hours already.

Do please tell me how to "Forward them to Laurel "

Down next to the quote button is a forward button. Click it and type Laurel in the to: box. A drop down menu will appear. Click on the top name. In the subject line, type Spam and hit send. Laurel will set the nuclear explosives and the account goes up in smoke and ash.

Down next to the quote button is a forward button. Click it and type Laurel in the to: box. A drop down menu will appear. Click on the top name. In the subject line, type Spam and hit send. Laurel will set the nuclear explosives and the account goes up in smoke and ash.

Thanks, Tx.
I just checked and it seems there's been a bit of 'HOUSEKEEPING' because I ignored the message and it's not listed.

:)

Thanks, Tx.
I just checked and it seems there's been a bit of 'HOUSEKEEPING' because I ignored the message and it's not listed.

:)

If someone else has already forwarded it to Laurel, the offending PM and the user will have been deleted.

Sometimes that means you have 1 or more 'unread' in your private messages that aren't there because they have been deleted.

If someone else has already forwarded it to Laurel, the offending PM and the user will have been deleted.

Sometimes that means you have 1 or more 'unread' in your private messages that aren't there because they have been deleted.

That sounds 'strange', but it is understood.
I had a phone call this afternoon from the Endoscopy Department.
Apparently, all is well, but they'd like to see me again in a year.
<sigh of relief>

Does anyone know what's happened to Penn Lady ?
She announced that she'd to have an operation, but not heard from or of her since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back