What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you're not following the thread too closely...

;) ;)

Yeah, the report was a fucking bright opus which is why futures are climbing so fucking drastically...

Ooooh movin' the goalposts AND straw man logical fallacies

AJ is the bestest at those.

One of the many reasons he was deemed unfit to adopt American children.

It's just another nail in the coffin. The market is flat lined now. Wait until the jobs numbers come out tomorrow, even the best projection is a fucking disaster for the economy.
Lol there's nothing steady in the market today and jobs numbers coming tomorrow going to show the biggest decline in two years. With that said why look down the road when it's not looking better then it is now:confused:

failbeaver.jpg

Actually it was probably the worst quarter since 2010. I told you yesterday that even numbers in the 150,000 range would have been terrible in the scope of what is needed to overcome simple attrition. This was almost half that number, a terrible number.

Oh so the bar is set at 250k then? Anything less is TERRIBLE? Dow down 1% right now after what you say was the worst quarter in years. That's TERRIBLE!

The economy continued its sluggish performance in June as employers added just 80,000 jobs and the nation’s unemployment rate remained at 8.2 percent, the government reported Friday.

The report added to growing concern that the economic recovery, which seemed to be gaining momentum in the early part of the year, is faltering after a promising start for the third consecutive year.

The economy continued its sluggish performance in June as employers added just 80,000 jobs and the nation’s unemployment rate remained at 8.2 percent, the government reported Friday.

The report added to growing concern that the economic recovery, which seemed to be gaining momentum in the early part of the year, is faltering after a promising start for the third consecutive year.

And that's not what Vette and Bra said. They said the report would be "disaster". Your paste says something completely different.

the only fail here is Merc and The obama.

why do you support obama helping the 1% ers becoming richer?

Merc, why do you hate the middle class?

Vette and Bra's prediction of a disastrous job report was simply wrong as can be. The report wasn't great but it was the best in three months, miles away from the "disaster" they said we'd have.

AJ - you're a wuss because you don't put a date on your predictions. At least Vette, wrong as he often is, has the fortitude to give specifics.

merc, merc, merc...,

If we need 150K in jobs each month just to keep up with the natural growth of the job force and if we put the 80K into the jargon of the Democrat Party when it comes to baseline budgeting, then this cut in the rate of growth would be a "Draconian" cut and we would be losing ground, which, we are...

;) ;)

But don't take the word of rw "Radicals..."

If you ask me, I think what we're experiencing isn't in fact closer to a "growthless" recovery than to a jobless one. Because GDP started to grow more than a year and a half ago, but with the exception of just a couple of quarters, growth has not been noticeably above its trend rate of about 2-1/2 percent a year. I don't rejoice at the news that we added 216,000 jobs in March. About a hundred thousand of that 216,000 is needed every month just to keep up with the growth in the labor force. At this rate of job growth, it would take most of the decade to replace the eight 8-1/2 million jobs that were lost in the recession.
Christina Romer
Chairwoman of Obama's White House Council of Economic Advisors

So you cannot tell us when we will hit 7% unemployment, but you CAN tell us the numbers of ObamaCare in January's polling?

Are you to shell-shocked by the administrations best experts who told us that at this point, if we let them spend a bunch of borrowed money on "shovel-ready" projects, which were just laying around thanks to George Bush and his General (not Betrayus), General Republican Philosophy, that we would be at 5% unemployment heading into the election...

;) ;)

Now, President Obama wants a do-over so he can announce on Day 1 that he's going to close Gitmo.

“I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
President Obama, June 2008

“Look, I’m at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I’ve got four years. A year from now I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress. But there’s still going to be some pain out there. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”
Barack Obama, The Today Show February 1, 2009.

;) ;)

That's Day 1 stuff *!

"The System WORKED!"
"We had (Defense Department) resources there from Day One. This was a situation that was treated as a possible catastrophic failure from, from Day One!"

Janet Napolitano

"We own the economy. We own the beginning of the turnaround and we want to make sure that we continue that pace of recovery, not go back to the policies of the past under the Bush administration that put us in the ditch in the first place."
Debbie Wasserman Schultz

* You can keep the Skoal™...

Last edited:
And that's not what Vette and Bra said. They said the report would be "disaster". Your paste says something completely different.

I just report the news, bro. From the Washington Post and you know they cook the books in favor of Obama

Merc will come back with this fantasy that we need to add 100,000 jobs a month of federal employees. obama would want 80% of that number to be workers for his new police force aka IRS

merc, merc, merc...,

If we need 150K in jobs each month just to keep up with the natural growth of the job force and if we put the 80K into the jargon of the Democrat Party when it comes to baseline budgeting, the this cut in the rate of growth would be a "Draconian" cut and we would be losing ground, which, we are...

;) ;)

But don't take the word of rw "Radicals..."

If you ask me, I think what we're experiencing isn't in fact closer to a "growthless" recovery than to a jobless one. Because GDP started to grow more than a year and a half ago, but with the exception of just a couple of quarters, growth has not been noticeably above its trend rate of about 2-1/2 percent a year. I don't rejoice at the news that we added 216,000 jobs in March. About a hundred thousand of that 216,000 is needed every month just to keep up with the growth in the labor force. At this rate of job growth, it would take most of the decade to replace the eight 8-1/2 million jobs that were lost in the recession.
Christina Romer
Chairwoman of Obama's White House Council of Economic Advisors

So you cannot tell us when we will hit 7% unemployment, but you CAN tell us the numbers of ObamaCare in January's polling?

Are you to shell-shocked by the administrations best experts who told us that at this point, if we let them spend a bunch of borrowed money on "shovel-ready" projects, which were just laying around thanks to George Bush and his General (not Betrayus), General Republican Philosophy, that we would be at 5% unemployment heading into the election...

;) ;)

Now, President Obama wants a do-over so he can announce on Day 1 that he's going to close Gitmo.

“I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
President Obama, June 2008

“Look, I’m at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I’ve got four years. A year from now I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress. But there’s still going to be some pain out there. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”
Barack Obama, The Today Show February 1, 2009.

;) ;)

That's Day 1 stuff *!

"The System WORKED!"
"We had (Defense Department) resources there from Day One. This was a situation that was treated as a possible catastrophic failure from, from Day One!"

Janet Napolitano

"We own the economy. We own the beginning of the turnaround and we want to make sure that we continue that pace of recovery, not go back to the policies of the past under the Bush administration that put us in the ditch in the first place."
Debbie Wasserman Schultz

* You can keep the Skoal™...

Stocks tumble on weak jobs data

Non-farm payrolls grew by 80,000 jobs up slightly from the 77,000 jobs created in April. Private payrolls grew by 84,000. That was a huge disappointment. The ADP National Employment Report on Thursday and MercMoron had projected a gain of 176,000 private-sector jobs

Last edited:
The ADP numbers said +176,000 in June. Why are you thinking it's going to be the biggest decline in years?

Vette - you've cited ADP numbers as more reliable than BLS numbers in the past. Do you still stand by that or are you waiting to see what the BLS figure is in order to cherry pick the lowest one?

ththwahrsagen-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back