At what age does one lose one’s “twenty-something” license?

erotica_n_s

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Posts
307
.



How long after you’ve turned thirty are you still allowed to do “twenty-something” stuff?

Like going to rock festivals?

Like, hanging around with people who are still in their twenties?

Like, well, dating people still in their twenties?

Like having “Bohemian” aspirations?

Like going to nightclub events?

Like, well… sleeping in your jeans?

Like, getting emotional over song lyrics?

Like lying in bed until 9 a.m. on weekends?

Like dreaming that life could be like a Hollywood rom-com? And by the way, are men ever allowed to like rom-coms? At any age? Or are rom-coms meant to be purely women’s things?

Like wearing River Island T-shirts?

And well… other stuff too, I’m sure?

At what age does all that stop being cool? Are people in their early thirties allowed to do all that stuff? Or is the "twenty-something license" automatically socially revoked on your thirtieth birthday?




.
 
I don't think there is an age that one should do anything. Do you really think there is an age at which you need to change your life? I think everyone evolves at their own pace
 
you lose it when you say you have, i've always felt.

age is merely a number.

ed
 
However old that feels appropriate for you.

As a 20-something, I've never been to a nightclub, I've never slept in, been to a festival, slept in jeans... I only recently went to my first music gig this year, and that was a small local affair. So you can't really ascribe patterns of behaviour to an entire age group. You can generalise and stereotype, sure, but there will always be outliers.
 
There shouldn't be a limit as long as you do all the above and other things responsibly.

The thing is in your late teens and college years there is not usually a lot of repercussions to your actions, you're living at home or on campus, college is premature adulthood,

once you get out of school and get a job maybe meet someone serious or just gain responsibilities you have to be able to meet those.

But if you can do all you mention and still pay your bills, meet your responsibilities and aren't hurting anyone or yourself, then...carry on.

I'm 47 and just took my daughter to see Rob Zombie and my wife who is a few years younger still claims she is a Toyr r us kid. We never have to truly grow up.
 
ObCSLewis: "When I became a man I put away childish things... including the fear of looking childish". Most of these you can keep on doing as long as they're fun, and fuck anybody who tries to tell you you're too old.

Like, hanging around with people who are still in their twenties?

Like, well, dating people still in their twenties?

No sharp cutoff on this, but I think as your age increases there's more and more onus on you to be the responsible partner. (Recently I realised that the cute PhD student I was chatting to was only a couple of years older than my partner's son. Argh!)

Like, getting emotional over song lyrics?

I will always do this.

Like lying in bed until 9 a.m. on weekends?

And this.
 
erotica_n_s, just live

stop looking for guidelines, rules and excuses

just live
 
I renew that license faithfully every year and keep it safely tucked away so I don't lose it.
 
.



I'm in my early thirties.


Never been to a rock festival. Feels like I wasted my twenties.


Was intending to go to Glastonbury (probably the biggest rock festival here in the UK) next month. Turns out no tickets left for this year's event. Disappointed :-( !! Maybe I'll go next year.

There's some "twenty-something" stuff that I no longer do - like sleeping in my jeans. And there's stuff that I do still do - like lying in bed until 9 a.m. on weekends. I do still hang around with twenty-something folks. Occasionally.

But of course, this thread is intended to be (at least partly) humourous.



.
 
After you turn thirty you shrivel and die. Slowly, but still. There is no fun. You have to follow rules about proper conduct and dress. Your currency is spent.
 
After you turn thirty you shrivel and die. Slowly, but still. There is no fun. You have to follow rules about proper conduct and dress. Your currency is spent.

Ah, but this shriveling takes a long, long time, especially if sufficient amounts of moisturizer are applied. You're allowed to make up your own rules, or at least pick and choose. Dress is optional, occasionally. If you are smart and save just a little bit each day, you'll have plenty of currency to spend.
 
Ah, but this shriveling takes a long, long time, especially if sufficient amounts of moisturizer are applied. You're allowed to make up your own rules, or at least pick and choose. Dress is optional, occasionally. If you are smart and save just a little bit each day, you'll have plenty of currency to spend.

And stretching. It's important for old folks to remain supple.
 
I'll be 46 soon and society can F off if I'm not conforming to my expected age... Do whatever makes u happy.
 
I follow Groucho Marx' advice. "You are only as old as the girl you feel."
 
I recently saw pix of gals I dated long ago. Both are natural blondes and were great lovers. One is now fat, the other is skeletal and looks 90.
 
Was intending to go to Glastonbury (probably the biggest rock festival here in the UK) next month. Turns out no tickets left for this year's event. Disappointed :-( !! Maybe I'll go next year.

Immerse yourself in Glastonbury youtube - follow through on investigating further the artists you like. Find out who is playing next year - investigate them. Talk to people who have gone, who go regularly... The following two words should never be on the same page; maybe and Glastonbury, let alone in the same sentence.

Don't talk about ifs and buts erotica_n_s, just go for it - live life. You only have one shot at this, don't end up looking back with regrets.

Take a step forward
 
Back
Top