a companion to 30 in 30

Thank you, tod, for your kind words and insight on my 1-8. The disruption you mentioned, at the end, was something that bothered me when I wrote it, but now, considering your words, it does seem to reinforce what is being said (beauty, slipping away). :)

It's unfortunate, but it seems I couldn't write a form poem anymore if my life depended on it. So, I'm happy when I imbue rhythm or manage a few internal rhymes.

What words would you cut? My own attempt resulted in two words being cut, on lines 1 and 2, but elsewhere I couldn't do it without feeling like removing the line altogether. :D

What a mess this song theme is going to be... I'm thinking that it's perhaps more trouble than it's worth. :( Went with a medley this time.

^^^^ I love that track, and I haven't heard it for ages. :)

I moved you over here, hope you don't mind. :)

I actually did dream someone kept saying "Blue Rondo a la Turk" to me last night, so when I got up this morning I had to listen to it. It is marvelous, isn't it?

I moved you over here, hope you don't mind. :)

I actually did dream someone kept saying "Blue Rondo a la Turk" to me last night, so when I got up this morning I had to listen to it. It is marvelous, isn't it?

Ah-ha! Is that what happened? I thought I was loosing my grip on space-time for one minute:)

Of course I don't mind, I am, though, in awe of your moderation powers.

Fantastic piece from a true great. It's a shame he left us, but thank you for reminding me of it.

Ah-ha! Is that what happened? I thought I was loosing my grip on space-time for one minute:)

Of course I don't mind, I am, though, in awe of your moderation powers.

Fantastic piece from a true great. It's a shame he left us, but thank you for reminding me of it.

You're most welcome. And honest I just clicked a few times...t'weren't nuthin. :D

The music link in my sig line is my personal favorite Brubeck composition, albeit performed in this case by the Miles Davis Quintet. Nice to see you in 30/30 btw.

You're most welcome. And honest I just clicked a few times...t'weren't nuthin. :D

The music link in my sig line is my personal favorite Brubeck composition, albeit performed in this case by the Miles Davis Quintet. Nice to see you in 30/30 btw.

Thanks, it's nice to be back:)

Hm... I'm feeling like dropping the 30 in 30 this time around. There is a disconnect between the things I want to write and the things I can write right now. Feels like swimming against the tide, threatening to drown me.

Hm... I'm feeling like dropping the 30 in 30 this time around. There is a disconnect between the things I want to write and the things I can write right now. Feels like swimming against the tide, threatening to drown me.

I'll still love you if you drop out for now. Poetry is work but we gotta love it too, right? :)

:heart:

Hahaha! Excellent. :D Twilight Zone, right? I think I saw that once. I should hunt it down, it looks fun.

Yup. One of my favorite episodes--so campy!

I'm exploring this whole idea of how to tell a story in very few words. At present it is easier for me to summarize stories I already know to try and understand it, hence the Twilight Zone one.

:rose:

And now, Vogon poetry... I'm trying to figure out a way to come up with some absurd words in English. :)

Oh make up your own a'la Jaberwookie
Camon you habby noozers
kapeet my creasin poobers
fill my foomp wit passy loovers
my moof wit massy bickies

as song on the tube "Akosha Farewell" I think sweet fiddle
just a single instrument haunting

Oh make up your own a'la Jaberwookie
Camon you habby noozers
kapeet my creasin poobers
fill my foomp wit passy loovers
my moof wit massy bickies

as song on the tube "Akosha Farewell" I think sweet fiddle
just a single instrument haunting

*applause*

Seriously. The Vogon poem is far more difficult for me than a sestina. :D

Sounds like a star trec episide

I am so not trying to write a poem in Klingon next! Actually when I saw the Vogon example, I immediately thought of jabberwocky, too. Otherwise, believe me, I would not have even tried. :D

I am so not trying to write a poem in Klingon next! Actually when I saw the Vogon example, I immediately thought of jabberwocky, too. Otherwise, believe me, I would not have even tried. :D

*Googles jabberwocky*

Oh.

*Googles jabberwocky*

Oh.

This has got to be difficult for someone not writing in their native language. Are you sure you want to follow my dumb lead? :D

(My son is very impressed that I wrote something in Vogon though!)

This has got to be difficult for someone not writing in their native language. Are you sure you want to follow my dumb lead? :D

difficult's the understatement :D

he's not the only one :eek:

Oh, I was thinking of doing something else, but now it's a matter of geek honor... :catroar:

Back