Doms - what names you like to be called ?

bdsm_curious

Virgin
Joined
Dec 8, 2014
Posts
5
There's another thread in this forum where mostly subs have shared the names they like to be called. There's a fair amount of variety and imagination in there. Is it the same on the other side - do Doms want variety and imagination from their subs and go beyond the rather obvious Master, Sir, Daddy etc
 
I'm generally happy to be called by my first name, but it's important to some subs to address their Dom by a title. I have no problem with Sir; don't really care for Master, or Daddy, because those imply dynamics that I'm not seeking. One lady liked to call me by my proper name (Blaisdell ;)) instead of the form I usually use, and I was fine with that.
 
Last edited:
So would you say that for you, it's all about what the sub wants/needs to call you?

I'm an inexperienced sub, just getting into a relationship, and he wants me to come up with a name for him that I find arousing. If I'm honest I find 'Master' and 'Sir' rather dull, and 'Daddy' is just plain icky.
 
So would you say that for you, it's all about what the sub wants/needs to call you?
As with any other aspect of a consensual relationship, it's about finding what works for both of us. It just happens that titles aren't a big deal to me.
 
I love to be called Master but have found that it is better if the sub feels like she should call me it

if I start to demand the title be used it loses alot for me
 
Saheb is interesting - reminiscent of the British Raj, but also still a common term of deference in India (though increasingly being replaced by 'Sir'). Does that work for you because you have some connection with India or Indians, or is there something else at work ?

Any other ideas from Lit Doms ?
 
Ms. (Mylastname) or just Miss, if they are significantly older than I am, for some reason.
 
I hope my response isn't out-of-place here...

90% of the time he was "(first name)" or other pet name.

Sir for when I was being especially playful and flirty,

or when I needed to acknowledge something he'd said in a moment of seriousness.

Master was reserved for times of greater intensity.

I don't recall that he ever *asked* to be called anything in particular, but I do recall him occasionally (gently) reminding me that he was my Master, or asking me who my Master was, or similar. It was never done as a reprimand, but rather as an affirmation of the bond between us.

:rose:
 
Saheb is interesting - reminiscent of the British Raj, but also still a common term of deference in India (though increasingly being replaced by 'Sir').

Any other ideas from Lit Doms ?

Actually came from hostel life where all seniors had to be addressed only and only as a saab (saheb).. kind of enjoyed it when I became senior.

Does that work for you because you have some connection with India or Indians, or is there something else at work ?
I am an Indian.
 
Titles

I find titles are just that. Even in the corporate world, I've seen companies who would give a receptionist a title of "Administrative Manager". The person didn't manage people, projects or tasks but just facilitated a process of connecting incoming calls and checking in visitors to the facility.

If one can inspire someone, then a title will naturally follow. :cool:

However, all this goes out the window when you encounter a "brat" who just needs to be taught some respect. :caning::caning:

Like MWY, sometimes you demand a little more clarification to encompass your full responsibilities or duties. :D:D
 
Last edited:
I prefer Master or Sir, but it depends on the relationship really. There is one girl I know who likes to call me Daddy, and it works for that relationship.
 
This is a very difficult question! I'm racking my brain and I can't seem to come up with anything that sounds right. I sink deep into subspace when I'm having sex, so calling my partner anything other than Sir would not just feel disrespectful, I don't think I could force myself to do otherwise. But of course if he ordered me to, I'd call him whatever he wanted, from Master to Honey to his given name. And I think what works varies by relationship. You could try a non-cuddly pet name like Tiger or Paramour?
 
My wife calls me Master or by the shortening of my first name that I prefer. If she called me by my legal first name, I would probably immediately call everything off, that's how much I hate that name.

Truth be told, I'm not that creative of a namer, so if anyone came up with a name that fits me as a Dom, it probably wouldn't be me.
 
Novice here. I feel no affinity for Mistress--was considering Miss. V., but I think I really like 'Milady'.
 
bdsm_curious,

I always ask and make my subs call me, "Maalik", meaning owner, which is the best and most erotic.

And what I love to call them, simple, "Geelee Garam Kutia" (The wet bitch in heat)
 
It depends on my sub they figure that out quick. I have been called Sir Daddy and Master.
 
Back
Top