What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
motivator1633554.jpg
 
The results of my mom's checkup were allllllllllllllllllllllllll good.

What a relief!!!!! :heart:
 
This didn't make me smile or laugh, but I don't know where else to put it... sorry if it's inappropriate.

'Cell Phone Elbow' -- A New Ill for the Wired Age
Cubital tunnel syndrome results from prolonged flexing of the elbow, experts say
By Jennifer Thomas, HealthDay Reporter

TUESDAY, June 2 (HealthDay News) -- First came Nintendo thumb. Then, Guitar Hero wrist. Now, for the latest affliction of the wired age, it's cell phone elbow.

Medically known as cubital tunnel syndrome, cell phone elbow is numbness, tingling and pain in the forearm and hand caused by compression of the ulnar nerve, which passes along the bony bump on the inside of the elbow.

One of the causes of pressure on the ulnar nerve? Too much gabbing, often brought on by those cell phone plans with unlimited minutes, experts say.​

More at the link (headline).
 
Her 83rd birthday would have been yesterday.

ss-090602-monroe-02_ss_full.jpg


Unpublished photos of Marilyn Monroe surface
LIFE magazine passed on them in 1950: ‘Who the hell is Marilyn Monroe?’
By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 12:34 p.m. ET, Tues., June 2, 2009


The call came from 20th Century Fox studios, and the invitation was irresistible. The studio had just signed “a hot tomato” and wondered if LIFE magazine photographer Ed Clark wanted to take some pictures of her.

The “hot tomato” was an obscure 24-year-old actress and model called Marilyn Monroe. She’d had some small parts in movies, but nothing that put her name on a marquee. Clark took her to Griffith Park in Los Angeles, where, according to LIFE, Monroe read poetry and he took pictures, several of which were shown on TODAY Tuesday.

Clark sent the film to New York. Though LIFE has not published a print edition since April 2007, it still exists as a Web site, which reports that the editors back then replied to Clark via telegram: “Who the hell is Marilyn Monroe?”

Much more - including a link to 5 additional photos - at the "Launch" button in the main story, linked in the headline. :D
 
The island got a new firetruck!

Not sure if anyone knows how to use it, especially since the last time we had a fire it took them three hours to show up (the island is only 8 miles long), but it looks nice.
 
Having my doctor tell me that 145 is my new goal weight. 29 pounds to go!
 
Being told that I need to stop worrying about what monster man says about me, because I exude love, caring, and nurturing, and anyone who takes thirty seconds to speak to me will know and feel that and know he is a liar.
 
Being told that I need to stop worrying about what monster man says about me, because I exude love, caring, and nurturing, and anyone who takes thirty seconds to speak to me will know and feel that and know he is a liar.
Now if you'll start believing that inside, instead of letting his bullshit make you doubt yourself, you'll make me smile!
 
What makes me smile these days

The knowing I will be in His arms and at His feet in just two days. :heart:

Makes me fucking happy. Yeah!! :D
 
Now if you'll start believing that inside, instead of letting his bullshit make you doubt yourself, you'll make me smile!
I'm working on that. Harder, more seriously, and more determined then ever. It just isn't as easy as it sounds lol.
 
Last edited:
- Special collections with a Starbucks! Soooo where I want to be in the future :)

- Being flattered, although I'm sure they do it so I will waive fines lol

- The New Moon trailer: Edward and Jacob...*swoons*

- The eyecandy in my office

- Books, books and books.

- My best friend and 'zombie sluts r us'.
 
When I walked by and he held up one finger letting us all know we just had one more to go. *whew*

Having him finally see the room.
 
The following quotes were taken from actual medical records dictated by physicians. They appeared in a column written by Richard Lederer, Ph.D., for the Journal of Court Reporting.

1. She has had no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

2. The patient has no past history of suicides.

3. The patient refused an autopsy.

4. The patient states there is a burning pain in his penis which goes to his feet.

5. She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.

6. Patient was released to outpatient department without dressing. I have suggested that he loosen his pants before standing, and then, when he stands with the help of his wife, they should fall to the floor.

7. Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year-old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

8. By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart had stopped, and he was feeling better.

9. Patient has left his white blood cells at another hospital.

10. The patient experienced sudden onset of severe shortness of breath with a picture of acute pulmonary edema at home while having sex which gradually deteriorated in the emergency room.

11. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it had completely disappeared.

12. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

13. The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 1983.

14. I will be happy to go into her GI system; she seems ready and anxious.

15. The patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.

16. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

17. Discharge status: Alive but without permission. The patient will need disposition, and therefore we will get Dr. Blank to dispose of him.

18. The patient expired on the floor uneventfully.

19. The patient left the hospital feeling much better except for her original complaints.

20. Patient was becoming more demented with urinary frequency.
 
A first-grade teacher, Ms. Brooks, was having trouble with one of her students. The teacher asked, "Harry, what's your problem?"

Harry answered, "I'm too smart for the 1st grade. My sister is in the 3rd grade and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in the 3rd grade too!"

Ms. Brooks had had enough. She took Harry to the principal's office.

While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the principal what the situation was. The principal told Ms. Brooks he would give the boy a test. If he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the 1st grade and behave. She agreed.

Harry was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he agreed to take the test.

Principal: "What is 3 x 3?"

Harry: "9."

Principal: "What is 6 x 6?"

Harry: "36."

And so it went with every question the principal thought a 3rd grader should know.

The principal looks at Ms. Brooks and tells her, "I think Harry can go to the 3rd grade"

Ms. Brooks says to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions."

The principal and Harry both agreed.

Ms. Brooks asks, "What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?"

Harry, after a moment: "Legs."

Ms. Brooks: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?"

The principal wondered why would she ask such a question!

Harry replied: "Pockets."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a dog do that a man steps into?"

Harry: "Pants."

Ms. Brooks: What starts with a C, ends with a T, is hairy, oval, delicious and contains thin, whitish liquid?"

Harry: "Coconut."

The principal sat forward with his mouth hanging open.

Ms. Brooks: "What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?"

The principal's eyes opened really wide and before he could stop the answer, Harry replied, "Bubble gum."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting down and a dog does on three legs?"

Harry: "Shake hands."

The principal was trembling.

Ms. Brooks: "What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a lot of heat and excitement?"

Harry: "Firetruck."

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the teacher, "Put Harry in the fifth grade, I got the last seven questions wrong.
 
This is kinda silly, but at the same time fun... and maybe even cathartic, allowing the release of some hostility. :blink:

Whack
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top