Teen Titans: Special Edition (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
I have tried to do rps before, but because I always plan these enormous backstories and plot outlines, they tend to be overwhelming for players. So, I am trying a different angle -- no storyline planned out at all. Minimal backstory. Basically, a few bullet points to keep in mind about the DC Jeffverse, but an otherwise empty canvas. From there, the characters' actions shape the story. Like, I might start off with plans for Slade, but another villain could mess with his plans or even cap him and take over. Anything could happen. Or you could at first have your villain work for Slade, then defect to the Titans or go off on his own or whatever. Just like real life, anything can happen and none of it is planned.

Of course, as a group we can discuss major events before writing it into the story, such as a massive demon invasion or an alien attack on the planet, but you get the gist.

So, here are a few bullet points about the DC Jeffverse:

Modern superheroes first appeared in the late 1930s.

The Justice Society was formed in 1940 and broke up in 1951. Key members were Hawkman (Carter Hall), Flash (Jay Garrick), and Green Lantern (Alan Scott), along with various other Golden Age heroes.

Superman first appeared in his red and blue suit in the late 1990s. Batman appeared around the same time as well. A few years later, in 2002, the Justice League of America was formed.

The current year is 2012, and the JLA has been around for ten years and has grown to include dozens of members. They have headquarters in Washington DC called the Hall of Justice, and also have the Watchtower space station, which can be accessed by teleportation via hidden bases scattered all over the world.

After turning 18, Dick Grayson hands down the mantle of Robin to Jason Todd, and decides to go to college at Columbia University in New York City and make a name for himself on his own. He leaves Gotham on good terms with Bruce Wayne and has access to a very healthy trust fund.

For most of August, September, and October, Dick Grayson has not been a superhero, focusing on college. There are plenty of other superheroes in the city. But at a friend's Halloween party, three metahumans show up and cause trouble -- Mammoth, Jinx, and Gizmo. Dick overhears Jinx get a phone call who says to the other two, "Guys, let's go. Slade has a new mission for us. Bank job." She thought everyone was too drunk to pay her any mind, but Dick heard loud and clear.

The next morning, there are reports of a bank robbery and two cops dead. Dick is convinced those three villains are copkillers, and he becomes a superhero once more -- Nightwing. He does a little recon of his own, and discovers the three do indeed work for a man named Slade, and his partner, Dr. Light. Knowing he can't take on all five on his own, Nightwing sets out to recruit a team of heroes. Pretty much every single hero he finds that will fit well in the team is a teenager, so they call themselves the Teen Titans.

So, as the game starts, it is November 15th. Over the last week, your characters have been contacted by Nightwing to join the team. He approached each character and invited them to form a team, then gave them a note saying:

Meet at the old firehouse on Bedford and Carmine in Greenwich Village at midnight on Thursday night, November 15th.

For opening posts, we'll have the characters arriving at the firehouse, which looks a lot like the one from the Ghostbusters movie. Everyone arrives, and from there it's whatever. Nightwing will have a plan, but characters are welcome to do whatever or try to change the plan or whatever. Together we'll form a great story.

Once I create the IC thread, I will reserve the first post for updated summaries of events that have already happened. Basically, once we get to 25 IC posts, I'll write a brief summary of everything that happened in those posts and label it as Episode 01 and put it in that first reserved post. Then, each time we post another 25, I'll summarize them as episodes as well, that way we can keep track of where we've been without having to read through every post.

Once we have 25 episodes, or roughly 25 thread pages, I'll categorize them as Season One, and the next summary, Episode 26, will be labeled Season Two. This way we can keep a clear picture of everything.

Anyway, what do you think? Without having to worry about following a strict plotline, does this sound more fun than my past attempts?
 
I will be playing Nightwing and Blue Beetle, as well as Superboy, though I will not bring Kon-El in right off the bat.
 
Is it okay if I play a regular human? Maybe a girl in college getting a degree in journalism?
 
Sure, but how does she relate to the superheroes?

Oh, and Beast Boy and Terra are reserved for Remec and Shukaku unless they say different.
 
She would probably be trying to figure out who Nightwing is. She also got an internship at the newspaper and is investigating recent bank robberies. Possible crush on Dick Grayson from college
 
Will she ever become a superhero? Maybe if she later on discovers Nightwing's true identity, he could take her on as a sidekick and teach her martial arts and crimefighting and stuff. Just an idea.
 
I am interested, but I am always interested in Super RP.

I'd like to see how this shapes up before diving in.

I have some OC's in mind and a Cannon or two..
 
I'm in, I'm thinking of using the illegitimate son of the mad hatter as my Character, either that or an Alternate version of him.

the picture is how he'd look. So far I'm going for illegitmate son, who was raised as an acrobat, his father came after him, used him, killed his mother, but then, nearing insanity beat his father into a coma, and has been in Arkham ever since - that is until Bruce Wayne releases him into Dicks care, because he's sees some good in the boy. Or something like that.
 

Attachments

  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    50 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I am interested, but I am always interested in Super RP.

I'd like to see how this shapes up before diving in.

I have some OC's in mind and a Cannon or two..

OC's are always welcome :).

i like it. Maybe realize she had powers she didnt know about

Yeah, that sounds cool. Maybe her grandfather was a wizard or something or maybe she gets the Helmet of Nabu and becomes the next Doctor Fate. Just some ideas. Or maybe she sneaks into some lab to invstigate shady activities and gets bitten/cut/attacked by some genetically altered animal/bug and gets powers.

I'm in, I'm thinking of using the illegitimate son of the mad hatter as my Character, either that or an Alternate version of him.

the picture is how he'd look. So far I'm going for illegitmate son, who was raised as an acrobat, his father came after him, used him, killed his mother, but then, nearing insanity beat his father into a coma, and has been in Arkham ever since - that is until Bruce Wayne releases him into Dicks care, because he's sees some good in the boy. Or something like that.

That's cool, but if Batman illegally broke someone out of Arkham, there would be hell to pay. Maybe he was put there as a young teenager, and now that he has turned 18, he is released, due to his previous crimes being on his juvenile record and now he's an adult. As he walks out the front doors of Arkham, Batman is standing there waiting for him, and says he now has a second chance. He recommends the guy go to New York and find Nightwing, who is forming a team. Then your guy could show up like two days before the meeting, and so Dick invites him as well, having received a call from Bruce asking him to look after your char. Whatcha think?
 
That's cool, but if Batman illegally broke someone out of Arkham, there would be hell to pay. Maybe he was put there as a young teenager, and now that he has turned 18, he is released, due to his previous crimes being on his juvenile record and now he's an adult. As he walks out the front doors of Arkham, Batman is standing there waiting for him, and says he now has a second chance. He recommends the guy go to New York and find Nightwing, who is forming a team. Then your guy could show up like two days before the meeting, and so Dick invites him as well, having received a call from Bruce asking him to look after your char. Whatcha think?

Much better (though I didn't mean he did it illegally) but yeah, I'll go with that.
 
Very interesting idea. I too will wait to see how this shapes up before going in. In the meantime if I get character ideas and I see the thread going well I'll send you a profile. :) Until then, best of luck!
 
Here's a sample of the basic idea for char sheets:


Captain Supeydupe
(image(s) here)

Real Name: Johnny Johnson
Age: 18
Birthday: January 1st
Occupation: Professional Boobie Inspector

Skills

Flirting, reading people, stuffy stuff

Gear/Equipment

Penis enlarger, vibromaster

Powers/Abilities

Ultimate Coolness Power, Cool Beams, Ray of Awesomeness

Background

Johnny was so cool, it gave him power and he became a superhero blah blah blah.

You get the idea, lol. My characters will be up later today.
 
Ben 10
(image(s) here)

Real Name: Ben Tennyson
Age: 19
Birthday: June 31
Occupation: Plumber (think MIB)

Skills

No discernable skills. If anything his general ability to simply power out of a situation has generally stunted any skill aside from his general mechanical skills and even those are well below his potential.

Gear/Equipment

The Ultimatrix. An alien device originally created to allow different beings to "walk a mile in each other's shoes" and thus understand them better. It was designed to bring the universe together. It's secondary purpose is a sort of ark as it holds samples of the DNA of every sentient species in the Milky Way.

Unfortunately for Ben Azumuth (the creator of the Ultimatrix) is a bit of a jerk and also largely a pacifist. He allows Ben to use the Ultimatrix as a weapon which runs entirely contrary to it's purpose but he also limits him to ten forms chosen by him. Ben has tried (both alone and with help) to jail break the Ultimatrix multiple times and the best scenario is it does nothing but usually it's either limited his transformations further or worse. At full potential something Azmuth would only unlock if the multiverse (not Universe, for that he might unlock more of it's power but not the full potential) it could turn him into any species including Kryptonian but again this requires permission from the creator and thus far has proven to be hack proof even by the greatest minds.

Powers/Abilities

His powers are limited to whatever form he's in but he has the ability to change form into different aliens. (I don't plan on using a whole lot, probably not even the full ten that he should have access to but I also (within reason) want to keep my options open for specific oddities rather than picking out ten and trying to pick the ten that would solve any situation.)

Background

When ben was spending the summer with his grandfather Azimuth sent the Omnitrix to his grandfather. His DNA was close enough to his grandfather that the Omnitrix mistook him for his grandfather and fused onto his wrist. Several years and adventures later he eventually was granted axcess to the Ultimatrix a more powerful version of his "watch". He first met then Robin during the Vilgax/Darkseid invasion of 2008 and since has made a habit of keeping in touch.

Having recently broken ties with his cousin and, not that he'd admit it, best friend Benran solo for a few months prior to hearing about the Titans forming. He's used to if not being solo being the leader and as such teamwork is really not his greatest asset.

As a result of being versatile with his ten and often times more than that aliens he's usually prone to charging into a situation confident that once he sees it he'll have an appropriate solution. Of course since he charges in without looking he's often times in over his head long before he realizes how far up shit's creek he is.
 
Just curious Sean, let's say over the course of the game you eventually use ten forms. Are you going to keep track of which ones actually show up in the game to make sure you don't go over ten, or do you wanna keep that part vague? You could also say that he has access to many aliens, but he has to "favorite" them to access them quicker. Basically, he can speed-dial up to ten aliens without having to search through the archives alphabetically. So, unless you use ten forms in a single battle, you don't have to keep track. He could have changed his ten favorites while on the shitter for all anyone else knows. Just an idea.

And if you want a reason to have him not use Kryptonian forms or whatever, it could be some sort of agreement between Azmuth, Superman, and the Green Lantern Corps to keep super-powerful forms like that locked out or something. It's your call.
 
Honestly I plan on MOSTLY using three forms. One with super speed, one with super strength (you've seen me play Rath before) and one that can fly. I'll do my best to make sure as I use new forms I'll add them to the profile so I know what I've got available. It's not like even on the show that he's likely to use all ten in a season much less an episode cus he has his as you put it "go to" forms and he doesn't use the other's very much.

I figure it's sufficient that Kryptonian, Martian (green and white), Tamarian and whatever else (save Hawks, honestly they kinda suck and I'm not limiting my aliens to shit that simply only fly with no other buff unless you demand it. Even then I'm gonna use harsh language) are simply locked away at random is a more than sufficient answer. It just means if we run this long enough and hard enough that we're in some really crazy situation (see pretty much any Crisis) you know something where Darkseid and Brainiac merge into a single being and breach reality to allow Apocalypse and Galactus to aid in their plan that I can simply step up my game. It's not like everybody who isn't Superman doesn't usually magically figure out some limit breaker under similar circumstances.

The only thing I'm kinda curious about, in an academic sense nothing that you really NEED to answer, is how the Omnitrix would react to meta-humans. In the series when it comes into contact with an alien it doesn't already have it scans them and adds them to the active list (despite the name Ben 10 he usually has access to between 14 and 20 aliens, of which he still uses 4 on average) but is Wonder Woman a human or are Amazons sufficiently different that the Trix would scan them? Same with Flash and any number of others like Clayface? Same with mutants (should anybody choose to bring Marvel stuff over) is Spiderman, Wolverine or Magneto sufficiently inhuman that it would try to learn them or are the Sentinels considered correct and that mutants ARE human and it already has a human setting. It's (conviently) not part of the ten on the list but it's proven to be in there just Ben turning into a human. . .isn't particularly useful.
 
Nightwing
bat_family_reboot_by_qbatmanp-d427eb0.jpg


(My character is the one between Batman and Batgirl, but instead of the two sticks, he uses an extendable staff and wears a black trenchcoat with a utility belt. Kind of like Gambit)

Real Name: Dick Grayson
Age: 18
Birthday: August 1st
Birthplace: Gotham City, New Jersey
Occupation: Student at Columbia University

Skills

Dick possesses the peak athletic strength and endurance of a man who regularly engages in intensive physical exercise. His martial arts skills rival those of Batman, and he was rigorously trained by his mentor in everything from escapology to criminology, fencing, stealth, disguise, and numerous other combat/non-combat disciplines. He is fluent in a number of languages and had the finest education as Bruce Wayne's adopted son.

Gear/Equipment

Dick has a number of gadgets in his utility belt, including shuriken that explode on contact, a pen that shoots out a tiny tracking device that sticks to any surface, and several dozen modified batarangs (called wing-dings) along with de-cel jumplines and gas capsules to reach the tops of buildings.

He has a state-of-the-art motorcycle complete with an onboard computer and built in wifi, as well as a helmet that connects wirelessly to the computer with audio and video feedback and communications capabilities. The helmet also has nightvision and a heads-up display on the inside of the visor.

His costume is made of a version of the Nomex fire-resistant, triple-weave Kevlar-lined material. It is an excellent protection against damage, and also insulated against electricity. Both the suit and the trenchcoat he wears are fireproof, and his mask is held in place with spirit gum.

Powers/Abilities

Dick has no superhuman powers, and relies solely on technology and his own wits.

Background

When Dick was nine, his parents were killed by Tony Zucco, a gangster who wanted Dick's father to fight for him in mixed martial arts tournaments. The Graysons refused, wanting to be left alone to run their karate school. Zucco killed then and burned their school to the ground, and Dick just barely escaped.

Bruce Wayne had been good friends with John and Mary Grayson, and they had named him Dick's godfather, so he went to live at Wayne Manor. It was only a matter of time before the boy discovered his godfather was Batman, and soon he too was learning to fight crime and took on the alias of Robin.

Over his eight years as the Dark Knight's sidekick and apprentice, Dick met many other heroes, and even started a relationship with Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) when he was fifteen. They dated on and off for the next three years, until Dick decided it was time to strike out on his own and left Gotham, passing down the mantle of Robin to Jason Todd and moving to New York City.
 
Last edited:
Honestly I plan on MOSTLY using three forms. One with super speed, one with super strength (you've seen me play Rath before) and one that can fly. I'll do my best to make sure as I use new forms I'll add them to the profile so I know what I've got available. It's not like even on the show that he's likely to use all ten in a season much less an episode cus he has his as you put it "go to" forms and he doesn't use the other's very much.

I figure it's sufficient that Kryptonian, Martian (green and white), Tamarian and whatever else (save Hawks, honestly they kinda suck and I'm not limiting my aliens to shit that simply only fly with no other buff unless you demand it. Even then I'm gonna use harsh language) are simply locked away at random is a more than sufficient answer. It just means if we run this long enough and hard enough that we're in some really crazy situation (see pretty much any Crisis) you know something where Darkseid and Brainiac merge into a single being and breach reality to allow Apocalypse and Galactus to aid in their plan that I can simply step up my game. It's not like everybody who isn't Superman doesn't usually magically figure out some limit breaker under similar circumstances.

The only thing I'm kinda curious about, in an academic sense nothing that you really NEED to answer, is how the Omnitrix would react to meta-humans. In the series when it comes into contact with an alien it doesn't already have it scans them and adds them to the active list (despite the name Ben 10 he usually has access to between 14 and 20 aliens, of which he still uses 4 on average) but is Wonder Woman a human or are Amazons sufficiently different that the Trix would scan them? Same with Flash and any number of others like Clayface? Same with mutants (should anybody choose to bring Marvel stuff over) is Spiderman, Wolverine or Magneto sufficiently inhuman that it would try to learn them or are the Sentinels considered correct and that mutants ARE human and it already has a human setting. It's (conviently) not part of the ten on the list but it's proven to be in there just Ben turning into a human. . .isn't particularly useful.

I'd say it would read them as human and not add their powers.
 
Id like to join, but I can't till Wednesday. So I'll have a main character outlay than. I'm basically wanting to be Danny Phantom or... Wait what type of characters are usable?
 
Alright. That's who I'll be than. On Wednesday, I will have the whole character sheet. It'll be a pain in the ass doing it with my phone.
 
I may also bring in Cole McGrath and Alex Mercer at some point, hehe. I may use teen version and make them heroes or use the adult versions and make them baddies. I dunno.
 
Nightwing
bat_family_reboot_by_qbatmanp-d427eb0.jpg


(My character is the one between Batman and Batgirl, but instead of the two sticks, he uses an extendable staff and wears a black trenchcoat with a utility belt. Kind of like Gambit)

Real Name: Dick Grayson
Age: 18
Birthday: August 1st
Birthplace: Gotham City, New Jersey
Occupation: Student at Columbia University

Skills

Dick possesses the peak athletic strength and endurance of a man who regularly engages in intensive physical exercise. His martial arts skills rival those of Batman, and he was rigorously trained by his mentor in everything from escapology to criminology, fencing, stealth, disguise, and numerous other combat/non-combat disciplines. He is fluent in a number of languages and had the finest education as Bruce Wayne's adopted son.

Gear/Equipment

Dick has a number of gadgets in his utility belt, including shuriken that explode on contact, a pen that shoots out a tiny tracking device that sticks to any surface, and back-up batteries for his gloves and boots, which can release a burst of electromagnetic energy to stun a target or thrust him into the air to reach the tops of buildings.

He has a state-of-the-art motorcycle complete with an onboard computer and built in wifi, as well as a helmet that connects wirelessly to the computer with audio and video feedback and communications capabilities. The helmet also has nightvision and a heads-up display on the inside of the visor.

His costume is made of a version of the Nomex fire-resistant, triple-weave Kevlar-lined material. It is an excellent protection against damage, and also insulated against electricity. Both the suit and the trenchcoat he wears are fireproof, and his mask is held in place with spirit gum.

Powers/Abilities

Dick has no superhuman powers, and relies solely on technology and his own wits.

Background

When Dick was nine, his parents were killed by Tony Zucco, a gangster who wanted Dick's father to fight for him in mixed martial arts tournaments. The Graysons refused, wanting to be left alone to run their karate school. Zucco killed then and burned their school to the ground, and Dick just barely escaped.

Bruce Wayne had been good friends with John and Mary Grayson, and they had named him Dick's godfather, so he went to live at Wayne Manor. It was only a matter of time before the boy discovered his godfather was Batman, and soon he too was learning to fight crime and took on the alias of Robin.

Over his eight years as the Dark Knight's sidekick and apprentice, Dick met many other heroes, and even started a relationship with Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) when he was fifteen. They dated on and off for the next three years, until Dick decided it was time to strike out on his own and left Gotham, passing down the mantle of Robin to Jason Todd and moving to New York City.

a) Awesome Pic, where'd you find it?
b) Damn your awesome pic, it's messing with my indecisive nature.
 
Hmmm. One idea I had for characters that won't join right away:

Maybe they find out that Slade and Dr. Light hired Mammoth, Jinx, and Gizmo to rob banks so they can fund the creation of the Ray Sphere, a machine conceived by Dr. Light. Light used to work for the government, but when he failed to produce results, they canned him. Now he has recalculated his designs and believes he can build the machine, but he can't get funding, so he turned to crime.

The Titans break into their base just as Light is finishing the Ray Sphere, and the villains make a run for Central Park, where there are a lot of people for a peacw rally, including a crap load of teenagers. Before the Titans can stop him, Light activates the Ray Sphere, which absorbs rays of light and solar energy, creates a fusion reaction and generates a new kind of radiation, sending a bright orange energy wave in all directions. The wave only lasts for a few seconds before fading as Nightwing destroys the machine, but it was enough to turn everyone who got touched by the wave into a metahuman, which was Light's goal -- create an army of super soldiers.

I can say Cole McGrath and Alex Mercer were both nearby, and that's how they got their powers. That also provides an easy way for new people to create potential Titan characters or villains. I am also going to do something I have considered taboo before -- give Nightwing powers. The wave gives him some psionic abilities. He becomes somewhat empathic, and can tell if someone is lying or hiding something, but he can't read minds. He can also use telekinesis to a degree, to help guide his shuriken or levitate/float. He can also charge items with kinetic energy. Basically, after being hit with the wave, he is sort of like a fusion between himself and Gambit, lol.
 
Back
Top