The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
One cuppa tea coming up.

Now who is screwing who? I love good juicy gossip. :devil:

The song was interesting. I didn't understand a word but that never stopped me from enjoying a song.

Okay, I got inspired. Sat down in my coffee breaks today and started pounding out "Boys Over Flowers" and got 2,000 words hacked out. Got the entire ending more or less done. Sniffling sadly while writing. Another happy-sad-happy romance with lots of sex and red roses .... except I was mostly writing the sad and its hard to type when your eyes keep watering coz its soooooo sad. But then it ends happy with lots of passionate sex, sunlight and red roses. What can I say .... it must be that stuff you put in the coffee, Tex. :D

1-2" snow tonight here, flurries tomorrow, more on Saturday and Sunday. Winter has arrived....

Last edited:
Feeling triumphant tonight. :eek: Writer's group listened to my ridiculously long short story and gave me amazingly positive feedback. Sometimes I worry they're just humoring me because I run the group but sometimes I believe them. :D

Feeling triumphant tonight. :eek: Writer's group listened to my ridiculously long short story and gave me amazingly positive feedback. Sometimes I worry they're just humoring me because I run the group but sometimes I believe them. :D

Congratulations :rose: - Don't you love it when that happens. I have this horrible habit of taking in chapters that are waaaaay longer than the limit and everyone's so patient with me. It's a kind of running joke now...

Congratulations :rose: - Don't you love it when that happens. I have this horrible habit of taking in chapters that are waaaaay longer than the limit and everyone's so patient with me. It's a kind of running joke now...

:D They give me a bit of a hard time these days because I almost never take anything in. I promised to read fast, I knew they'd want to hear the ending anyway.

Morning all

The coffee is ready. There are donuts on the way.

I broke out the electric blanket last night. Low 30's this morning. My legs feel better than they have in the last six months.

Glad to hear we had writers in the house last night. It makes the thread worthwhile.

Morning all

The coffee is ready. There are donuts on the way.

I broke out the electric blanket last night. Low 30's this morning. My legs feel better than they have in the last six months.

Glad to hear we had writers in the house last night. It makes the thread worthwhile.

Good morning. Coffee! :D

Glad to hear you're feeling good. Tx. :rose:

I'm feeling uplifted yet by the good reviews last night, though I was happy with it myself before that. So, today I'm putting in notes then putting it away and moving on to editing my novel. I have the day to myself and I plan to thoroughly enjoy it.

Good morning. Coffee! :D

Glad to hear you're feeling good. Tx. :rose:

I'm feeling uplifted yet by the good reviews last night, though I was happy with it myself before that. So, today I'm putting in notes then putting it away and moving on to editing my novel. I have the day to myself and I plan to thoroughly enjoy it.

Good reviews are not only good for the piece but for the ego as well. They drive us to keep writing.

I told myself when i finished my last book and had all the editing done, I was going to take off until after January. I'm three chapters into the new project. :rolleyes: All three could be opening chapters according to which way I want to go. I don't dare show it to my editor or she will give me a deadline and I'm taking a three week vacation at the the end of January come hell or high water.

She is one of those driven people that don't understand the concept of vacations but i adore her anyway. ;)

Good reviews are not only good for the piece but for the ego as well. They drive us to keep writing.

I told myself when i finished my last book and had all the editing done, I was going to take off until after January. I'm three chapters into the new project. :rolleyes: All three could be opening chapters according to which way I want to go. I don't dare show it to my editor or she will give me a deadline and I'm taking a three week vacation at the the end of January come hell or high water.

She is one of those driven people that don't understand the concept of vacations but i adore her anyway. ;)

Ha, vacations are good for the writing too. As is reading non-fiction, I'm finding.

Ha, vacations are good for the writing too. As is reading non-fiction, I'm finding.

After my first year vacationing at a friends home on the beach in Mexico, I was told in no uncertain tones that i was limited to writing two hours a day. I was on vacation to relax and forget about all that stuff. She tried to make me quit writing altogether but i packed my bag to leave. She didn't understand those voices had to go somewhere.

Crazy writers get even crazier when they can't write.

After my first year vacationing at a friends home on the beach in Mexico, I was told in no uncertain tones that i was limited to writing two hours a day. I was on vacation to relax and forget about all that stuff. She tried to make me quit writing altogether but i packed my bag to leave. She didn't understand those voices had to go somewhere.

Crazy writers get even crazier when they can't write.

Too true. I get terribly cranky after a few days of not writing.

Hmmm, coffee with something stronger? (I've been editing all day so I probably should write a little on something new.)

I'll just settle for a plain coffee, thanks.
Tonight will be time for something stronger (I got some Cherry Brandy = whoopee!)

I'll just settle for a plain coffee, thanks.
Tonight will be time for something stronger (I got some Cherry Brandy = whoopee!)

One plain coffee coming up.

Party at HP's tonight. :D

It's cold here this morning. Around 30. Tomorrows high is supposed to be low 70's. Somebody needs to make up their mind.

One plain coffee coming up.

Party at HP's tonight. :D

It's cold here this morning. Around 30. Tomorrows high is supposed to be low 70's. Somebody needs to make up their mind.

Apart from the moisture, we've not had a bad day.
It's been quite warm.
And now it's time for a nice coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back