How old do you want to be?

I would love to go back and do it over again, at least if I could know what I know today...

I was a shy kid, shy teen, shy adult. I could have had so many relationships and adventures both in and out of the bedroom... and I didn't because I couldn't overcome my shyness.

Around 45, midlife crisis in full swing, I was able to rationalize it away, I now have tons of friends, a great job, and networking out the wazoo, all because I came out of my shell.

All those years before, I was an introvert, an outcast, and generally unable to communicate with men or women.

I also came out as bi (well, came out to myself and tried it!), something I wished I did in my early 20's or even teens, and experienced it when my testosterone was at peak and all my parts ran like new.

Everything still works, just takes more grease to get the gears moving these days :(

I am glad things have turned out well for you. I had a very close friend in high school who was terribly shy. It controlled her life, and while it was difficult for me to understand, I never pressured her to try to be something she wasn't. I think that's why we were such close friends.

Shy is not a problem I've ever had. "Bold" is my middle name.
 
When I was 27/28 I had a serious fear of being invisible to the opposite sex. Somewhere I had heard after 29 woman become invisible, men are only drawn in by a youthful face. What bullshit.
Plenty of men are attracted to woman over 30. Milf and cookies, anyone? I don't know why I was hung up on that number 29. Now I am 31 and eagerly waiting for my mid-40s and up. If I could go back to any age it would be 18. Just to tell myself to travel, to learn, to explore who I was instead of "settling down" and making all my life choices for someone else.
My 50s are going to be fantastic, I can't wait. The best part is my friends will be 50 and older as well. I can picture us all skinny dipping with a few extra pounds, bad knees, and a little grey... But that sounds pretty damn awesome to me.
 
In my head there's a magic age where people can stop worrying about other people's expectations and taking things personally. So it's not a number, but an attitude.

I know that I could start all that now but I think experience helps...
 
In my head there's a magic age where people can stop worrying about other people's expectations and taking things personally. So it's not a number, but an attitude.

I know that I could start all that now but I think experience helps...

I think that magic age is called, "death."
 
In my head there's a magic age where people can stop worrying about other people's expectations and taking things personally. So it's not a number, but an attitude.

I know that I could start all that now but I think experience helps...

I've reached that age. I don't give a crap about almost anything.:cool:

I no longer get embarrassed by anything. :D

The problem is that I'm now to old to enjoy most things I would like to enjoy. :(
 
Back
Top