The Politics of Pot!

Whoopi Goldberg launches line of marijuana products for women with period pain

Whoopi Goldberg has the answer to menstrual cramps: medical marijuana.

The actor and co-host of talk show The View launched a new line of medical marijuana products designed specifically for women. The company, a joint partnership with edibles maker Maya Elisabeth, is called Whoopi & Maya and will offer marijuana-infused products intended to reduce and relieve the pain and cramps from periods.

Whoopi & Maya received financial backing from three friends and family members and Goldberg will serve as chairwoman, she said. The company will sell four cannabis infused products under its brand: a balm, a tincture, sipping chocolate and a bath soak.

“This is a great introductory line to first-time cannabis users because two of the items are topicals, which don’t get you high,” Elisabeth told Glamour . “And one product, the cocoa, can be made only with CBD, which is a very subtle but powerful mood elevator that helps with anxiety and depression, and is an anti-inflammatory.”
 
What I don't understand are the govts. double standards re alcohol and cannabis.

Yes, cannabis carries a few risks (it can make people lazy aka "amotivated", it may trigger certain psychotic disorders in those who are biologically predisposed to them). But everyone knows that these are just a tiny fraction compared to those associated with alcohol. And, unless I'm mistaken : isn't it easier to get addicted to alcohol than to cannabis?
 
What I don't understand are the govts. double standards re alcohol and cannabis.

Yes, cannabis carries a few risks (it can make people lazy aka "amotivated", it may trigger certain psychotic disorders in those who are biologically predisposed to them). But everyone knows that these are just a tiny fraction compared to those associated with alcohol. And, unless I'm mistaken : isn't it easier to get addicted to alcohol than to cannabis?

The "Drug Wars" were started to fuck with minorities. Booze was too popular to ban and so is legal, by popular demand, but taxed up the wazoo.

Pot is going the same way, slowly.
 
Medical marijuana: How to prevent an addiction to weed

I'm not sure this DR. knows what he is talking about. MJ is not addictive, although you can get accustomed to regular use. You just don't get withdrawal symptoms like Heroin or Oxy.

Opioid addiction has gained recent national attention in two unexpected ways. First, the California physician Lisa Tseng was sentenced to 30 years in prison for her role in the overdose deaths of patients for whom she prescribed large doses of opioids. Then the National Governors Association issued a statement in conjunction with the American Medical Association calling for action to curb the nation’s “opioid epidemic.”

As this opioid epidemic raises escalating concerns, many physicians like me are feeling guilty. Or at least we should be. Because it’s our fault.

Fifteen years ago, a crowd of experts—including many physicians—proclaimed that opioids such as morphine were safe for use in chronic pain. We also downplayed the risk of opioid addiction.

For example, one expert statement on chronic pain management in older adults (on which I was an author) said that “Concerns over drug dependency and addiction do not justify the failure to relieve pain.”

These recommendations led to more opioid use, and between 1998 and 2011 prescriptions for opioids in the U.S. doubled. That made it much easier to get access to potent opioids, creating a rapidly expanding population of people who became addicted. When prescribing was reined in, people turned to illegal drugs such as heroin, with a resulting increase in opioid-related deaths.
 
If you're 75 and suffering from chronic pain an addiction to Perks does not have that much of an impact as if you were 35. Half the older seniors at my club take Perks or Oxies several times a day. But then all they have to do is sit in the sun and fish.

Had a friend. Typical nice girl, never did drugs, rarely drank. Had a bad back. Her doc gave her 3 months worth of Perks. After 3 months she was hooked. Stole from family accounts and hung around downtown looking for drugs. Almost lost her job as a kindergarten teacher. Last fucking person in the world any of us thought to go that route. Ruined her marriage. Drove her husband to drink. Real sweetheart of a kindergarten teacher with zero history of risky behaviour. Never even smoked pot.

All she needed was a weeks worth and some good anti-inflammatories.

In hospital for quad-bypass, docs told me if you are in real pain, you can't develop an addiction. The problem arises if course of opiods goes on too long. They gave me Oxy and I had the most whacked out lucid dreams. I told them not to give me anymore. Just took extra-strength Tylenol. I was fine. Ribs a bit sore form being cut open from adams apple to appetite but nothing I couldn't deal with.

Had a pincjed nerve in my shoulder. My doc was a good one. Knew I was a pothead and resisted giving me opiods. Just told me to take as many Tylenol as I wanted. Says on label not to exceed dose without docs approval. Hurt like fuck for weeks but I got over it and came out with being a Perk freak. Known too many of them.
 
Because the lumber/paper industry lobbied (bribed) politicians to outlaw hemp.

Besides it's use as a drug/medicine, it can be used to make paper, bricks, fire logs, fabric, rope, etc.
 
Have you been around anyone who was stoned? Like a drunk they are not able to handle themselves. And like anyone who drinks heavy on beer that leads to other hard liquor so weed leads to hard drugs. Look at what the politicians have said about N. H. and its drug problem when they were there for the primary. Say anything you want, but just hang out with some heavy pot heads and you will see what I am talking about.
 
Why we aren't treating pot farmers like wineries and micro brews instead of level 9,001 deadly super death blossom diseases from outer space research labs just boggles my fucking mind. It's a god damn flower that's less toxic than coffee for fucks sake...there is no reason to treat it any different than a fuckin' tomato.

Want 18 and up ? Fine....commercial ops need to follow standard safety and environmental regs? No problem.

Treating it like a winery or microbrewery sounds reasonable and logical to me. That would address reasonable concerns about tax collection, sanitation, labeling/purity, organic cert. and keeping it out of the hands of the kids.

Me, I think it should have been available at any pharmacy with a prescription for the last 50 years.

Anyway, do you think this putting it in the hands of 10 or 12 legal entities is an interim step to big tobacco taking over production and distribution and "Blending in" enough tobacco to make it addictive?
 
Have you been around anyone who was stoned? Like a drunk they are not able to handle themselves. And like anyone who drinks heavy on beer that leads to other hard liquor so weed leads to hard drugs. Look at what the politicians have said about N. H. and its drug problem when they were there for the primary. Say anything you want, but just hang out with some heavy pot heads and you will see what I am talking about.

You are so wrong on that. I have never met anyone who has gone from pot to hard drugs. I have known quite a few who have gone from alcohol to hard drugs. Coke cures hangovers. Half the perk freaks I have known don't touch pot. Most got there from over prescribing. I am a life long chronic and do not do hard drugs. Coke is not worth the money in my opinion unless you have a drinking problem.

Poor life decisions or a hard life leads to hard drugs not pot.

I handle things fine when stoned. I don't ride a motorcycle or drive a car when high and don't do it at work. But outside those times I do just fine. Sometimes I am bit talkative but then other times I am kind of quiet. But you would have hard time telling if I was stoned or not.

Your position is unenlightened and plain wrong.
 
DEA tells Elizabeth Warren decision on reclassifying marijuana could come by July

The Drug Enforcement Administration said it could decide whether marijuana should remain classified at the same level as LSD and heroin in “the first half of 2016”.

The agency slipped this news into a letter to the Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren, who with seven other senators, had asked for more information on marijuana’s scheduling and about limits on medical marijuana research. The 25-page letter was obtained by Matt Ferner at the Huffington Post.

Because marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance, it cannot be used in research and cannot be dispensed in pharmacies. Its use is also more restricted than drugs in the four lower classifications, which include cocaine and meth – Schedule II controlled substances.

And while medical marijuana is federally prohibited, it is legal in 23 states and Washington DC. This means marijuana dispensaries and growers acting within state law can be raided by authorities. In California’s so-called “Emerald Triangle”, medical marijuana farmers accused law enforcement of “running amok” with “commando-style” raids.

In response to a question about the timeline for the agency’s assessment of the Schedule I classification, the 4 April letter said: “DEA understands the widespread interest in the prompt resolution of these petitions and hopes to release its determination in the first half of 2016.”

My they get right on things in the DEA, don't they?
 
Treating it like a winery or microbrewery sounds reasonable and logical to me. That would address reasonable concerns about tax collection, sanitation, labeling/purity, organic cert. and keeping it out of the hands of the kids.

That would make total sense, but so far Alaska seems to be the only state not totally whoring itself out to these various types of cockroaches both private and government who are looking to rob everyone else of the opportunity to get into the industry via any means necessary for their own gain.

We'll see how CA's 'board of supervisors' conducts it's licencing. I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to hook a few homies up and fuck everyone else.

Which would suck b/c I kinda like it here and I've got some good shit going.

But it would be awesome too because Alaska would be one hell of an adventure.

A lot can and likely will happen in the next 3 years.....could go either way.

Anyway, do you think this putting it in the hands of 10 or 12 legal entities is an interim step to big tobacco taking over production and distribution and "Blending in" enough tobacco to make it addictive?

Nah. I think it's just 10-12 money grubbers.

My they get right on things in the DEA, don't they?

Choosing their road of damnation can't be an easy.

They aren't going to win the war on weed...they lost...but they need it to keep their funding.

Sucks to be making those choices.
 
Last edited:
I have smoked weed a total of once and didn't feel a thing

You need better dope.

Maine court clears way for ballot initiative to legalize marijuana

An effort to allow Maine residents to vote to legalize recreational marijuana use advanced on Friday when a judge overruled a state official’s decision invalidating some of the signatures needed to get the initiative on the ballot.

The ruling came a month after Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap’s office disqualified almost half of the 99,229 voter signatures gathered by marijuana activists, leaving the initiative without enough certified supporters needed to land a spot on the ballot.

The Secretary of State’s office said it had invalidated the petitions over concerns that the signatures of notaries public on various forms submitted did not match up with versions on file in official state records.

The Campaign to Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol, a national group advocating for the referendum, appealed the state’s decision last month, saying that officials had disenfranchised tens of thousands of Maine voters based on a “handwriting technicality.”
 
Too many circling vultures trying to stake their claims instead of thinking it through and figuring out the right way to do it.

Trouble when you move too much is getting in the know. Other option is medical registration here in CND, which from what I've seen is bureaucratic nonsense and that's if you can find a doctor whose willing.

Maybe I'm just not in the right places at the right times.

Spain sounds real nice. I could handle that. My own little mini-garden.
:)
 
No-grow marijuana ordinance takes effect in unincorporated Los Angeles County

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Tuesday adopted a ban on growing cannabis in unincorporated areas of the county, effective immediately.

The ordinance bans the cultivation, manufacturing, laboratory testing and distribution of medical marijuana for 45 days, while zoning officials study the impact of such activities.

Supervisor Michael Antonovich recommended the study and related ordinance in February in light of state legislation that sets up a regulatory framework for medical marijuana.

Antonovich said growing cannabis increases trespassing, burglary and violent crime.

The county has banned medical marijuana dispensaries in unincorporated areas since 2011, using its zoning laws to enforce the prohibition.

Until now, there has been no ban on related activities.
 

LOL and so it begins.......


Pay attention folks, California is about to take the closest thing to a free market America's had for 20 years and thus grown into arguably one of the single largest industries in California into as few hands as possible.

Democrats "regulating" the pot industry into an elite/rich/cool people only activity and banned for all the non well connected/rich people.

Fucking scum....
 
Last edited:
Chris Christie opposes attempts to loosen medical marijuana regulations in New Jersey

Why my fat fucking feminist friend?

“The reason why it hasn’t gotten the response it’s gotten in other states is because ours is a truly medical-based program for only people who have true illnesses that require medicinal marijuana,” Christie said Monday. “Other states have programs that are faux medical-marijuana programs that allow for recreational use.

The pharmaceutical industry has vigorously fought the legalization of marijuana for years in order to protect their profits, donating to campaign coffers and hiring lobbyists to represent their interests to lawmakers. Christie is among those who have benefitted from those donations, pulling in a total of $827,015 from the industry during his two campaigns for governor and his failed presidential run, according to data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics.

Oh well, I guess the cost of cheeseburgers is pretty high.
 
Cannabis: scientists call for action amid mental health concerns

The risks of heavy cannabis for mental health are serious enough to warrant global public health campaigns, according to international drugs experts who said young people were particularly vulnerable.
What are the true risks of taking cannabis?

The warning from scientists in the UK, US, Europe and Australia reflects a growing consensus that frequent use of the drug can increase the risk of psychosis in vulnerable people, and comes as the UN prepares to convene a special session on the global drugs problem for the first time since 1998. The meeting in New York next week aims to unify countries in their efforts to tackle issues around illicit drug use.

Skunk and other strong forms of cannabis now dominate the illicit drugs markets in many countries. From 1999-2008, the cannabis market in England transformed from 15%-81% skunk. In 2008, skunk confiscated from the street contained on average 15% of the high-inducing substance THC (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol), three times the level found in resin seized that year. The Home Office has not recorded cannabis potency since.

“There is no doubt that high-potency cannabis, such as skunk, causes more problems than traditional cannabis, or hash,” Murray told the Guardian. “This is the case for dependence, but especially for psychosis.”
 
Supreme Court considers taking case of disabled veteran serving life in jail for growing pot

The US supreme court is poised on Friday to decide whether to take on the case of a 76-year-old disabled army veteran handed a sentence of life in prison without parole for growing marijuana in his back yard to alleviate his own health problems.

If the court does not review the case, Lee Carroll Brooker is destined to die behind bars even though judges in his native Alabama have declared this was not an appropriate punishment.

Brooker is arguing that such a hefty sanction for marijuana possession violates the eighth amendment to the US constitution because it amounts to cruel and unusual punishment.

He has been subjected to strict sentencing mandatory minimum laws in Alabama because the cannabis offense involves a certain weight of the drug and comes on top of convictions for armed robbery more than 30 years ago in Florida when Brooker held up a series of liquor stores, his trial lawyer John Steensland said on Wednesday.

Brooker was arrested in 2011 when police visited his address in Cottonwood, southern Alabama, on an unrelated matter and found that he was growing marijuana behind the house.

The police seized 34 plants. They were sent for forensic analysis and weighed in their entirety, including the stalks, which are not used in cannabis consumption.

“It is hard to understand how, in a civilized society, the law can tolerate that a 76-year-old decorated, disabled, combat veteran is sentenced to die in prison for growing marijuana in his backyard for personal use,” the brief states.

Famm’s brief adds that the way mandatory minimum laws shift discretion in sentencing away from the “independent judiciary…can lead to arbitrary, capricious and unfair sentences.”

Mary Price, Famm general counsel, said that if Scotus decided to take Brooker’s case, and ultimately ruled in his favour, it would send a message “far and wide” that mandatory minimum sentences “can be so arbitrary and so inhumane that they offend the US constitution.”
 
Pot is a depressant like alcohol. I've had to massively cut back on my intake. Was okay when working lots and only had time for a doobie after work but am not working at the moment I have too much time on my hands. I noticed the difference after I cut back.

It's like every thing else. Moderation if the key. And certain populations should not smoke including those who are depressed. I can not learn while stoned. In one ear and out the other.

Pot should be recreational. School while fun at times is not recreation. Neither is work. If suffering from some chronic pain it can alleviate many discomforts and might enable some one to cut back on narcotic meds.

Probably only the very old should smoke it chronically and the rest use it sparingly when not needing to drive.
 
Coming Soon to Delaware!

Kent County, Delaware will soon have a large growing/distribution market, courtesy of the Levy Court (the same people who collect your property taxes). The County bought a 800k ft. building on horsepond road in Dover, and will be renting it out for about 9,000.00/month to a firm from New Jersey to use. Maybe some good "bennies" for County Employees? We will see!
 
Probably only the very old should smoke it chronically and the rest use it sparingly when not needing to drive.

Eat huge AIDS dicks you limey piece of fuckin shit....



tumblr_n8arllqddW1tbh1dho1_500.gif
 
Back
Top