The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
Tired of Christmas? Yeah, me too. ;) So let's move on to 2013 and Lit's Valentine's Day Contest!

Valentine's Day
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 20
closes: February 5
winners announced: February 12

Bribe your muse with some chocolates and flowers -- or handcuffs and blindfolds (maybe pink ones? with lace?) -- and see what you can do.

(Contest dates for 2013 are here.)

I have three under way. One romance, one sci/fi, and one bdsm.

Pink blindfold, uh, I don't think so. Is a redheaded muse close enough?

I may sit this one out and do a rolling review as I did with a contest a couple of years ago.

I have one in the concept stage. Let's see how it unfolds. Still ironing out the characters.

Wow... Valentines already? Heck we're just through Hannakuh, and haven't even celebrated Xmas or New Years yet!

Our tiger girl seems to be jumping the gun! Especially with all these A.I.R. things still to decide before yearend.

A.I.R. 2012 Xmas/New Years Contest winners

2012 Author of the year – the FREDDIE!

sixteenth MANU winner

2012 yearend MOST COMMENTS list

2012 yearend MOST VOTES list

FYI a.i.r. will be publishing it's full 2013 contest schedule within the next two weeks.

I like having the thread up early. Gives people more time to cooperate and communicate and commiserate. Now that finals are over, I'll have to see if any ideas come up for a Valentine's Day story... I've never done one before.

I'm excited for this.

I've roughly half-way done with my first story, which will be posted on Monday the 21.

Best of luck to everyone

Hmm, I've never tried a Valentine's Day story before. It's all a bit sweet and romantic for me, but it might be worth a go for a change of pace. Hmm....

Hmm, I've never tried a Valentine's Day story before. It's all a bit sweet and romantic for me, but it might be worth a go for a change of pace. Hmm....

They don't have to be sweet -- V-Day stories span all categories and attitudes.

I'll most likely have something romantic, but NOT based on V-Day, since my wife and I don't celebrate it. Why, might you ask? Because "why do you need to be reminded to show your love your affection, when there are 364 other days to do it?"

As most of my stories already have a romantic tinge to them no matter what category it is, this is probably the most challenging contest of all for me. I do have an idea for a story this time though - a fairly vanilla, straightforward tale, but a nice one anyway. I'm hoping some spicy plot twists will jump out at me once I start writing it down. They usually do. :)

I got no ideas for this one and am busy with other projects so I'll take a pass on it.

I'll most likely have something romantic, but NOT based on V-Day, since my wife and I don't celebrate it. Why, might you ask? Because "why do you need to be reminded to show your love your affection, when there are 364 other days to do it?"
My mister feels the same way about V-Day, which is fine by me. He's pretty random about when he decides to be 'romantic' though.

On topic, I might have something for this one. :)

My mister feels the same way about V-Day, which is fine by me. He's pretty random about when he decides to be 'romantic' though.

On topic, I might have something for this one. :)

I do have many ideas for this contest.

Hmmm, I know I'm going to participate but I have no idea what to do for this one. I'm so not feeling a romantic lovey-dovey story. Suggestions?

I may try to go back to my story I tried for last year's contest. I think it was cute but it was lacking conflict.

Hmmm, I know I'm going to participate but I have no idea what to do for this one. I'm so not feeling a romantic lovey-dovey story. Suggestions?

a horny wizard with a humungous wand who casts a 'let's get naked spell' in a convent?

... erm on Valentine's day ...

Back