Work Study Program?

R. Richard

Literotica Guru
Yes, this is your tax supported public high school.

MINNEAPOLIS — A former cheerleading captain at a Minneapolis high school was sentenced Friday to three years in prison for prostituting a younger squad member and keeping the money for herself.

Montia Parker, 18, previously pleaded guilty to three prostitution-related counts. She was immediately ordered into custody, and must spend at least two years behind bars before she’s eligible for release. She must also register as a sex offender.

“You were the leader of an attempted high-school prostitution ring,” Hennepin County District Court Judge William Koch said at the sentencing hearing.

Parker admitted that last March she told a 16-year-old fellow cheerleader at Hopkins HS there was money through prostitution.

After the younger girl agreed, Parker placed an ad online, then took her to an apartment where the girl was paid to perform oral sex.

If she's still getting good grades and it doesn't interfere with her studies....

If I was a taxpayer in that corner of the world - which I am not - I would be more concerned about the cost of keeping her locked up.

You're paying for a high school staff that graduates a madam, who's working at her trade, when she's still in school.

Oh, give me a break. We pay for future ax murderers too--not to mention dumb reactionaries.

Taxpayers pay for everything. You could make anything relevant. This, I think, is a leap. I'm pretty sure the school isn't devoting itself to raising any madams.

If you believed such, then thank them for every time a high school produced a successful writer or businessman or athlete. Or teacher. Or cop. Or serviceman (military). Or nurse. Or doctor. Lawyer. Cashier. Janitor. DMV clerk. Ditch digger. Engineer. Astronaut. Physicist. Etc....

Taxpayers pay for everything. You could make anything relevant. This, I think, is a leap. I'm pretty sure the school isn't devoting itself to raising any madams.

If you believed such, then thank them for every time a high school produced a successful writer or businessman or athlete. Or teacher. Or cop. Or serviceman (military). Or nurse. Or doctor. Lawyer. Cashier. Janitor. DMV clerk. Ditch digger. Engineer. Astronaut. Physicist. Etc....

Of course it's a leap in logic. R. Richard likes to post these things to "prove" how our school system, our government, our law enforcement agencies, our librarians, school crossing guards, bus drivers, postal workers, civil service employees and anyone else employed, or marginally employed by the government are all, in reality, out to just fuck you over.

Sheesh, don't you watch the news?

:rolleyes:

There has been some research recently which shows that because the state doesn't any longer support university students, female students in Britain are turning to the sex industry. Eg, pole-dancing is better paid than bar work and offers flexible hours which mean they can still go along to their lectures and can take time off around exams.

There has been some research recently which shows that because the state doesn't any longer support university students, female students in Britain are turning to the sex industry. Eg, pole-dancing is better paid than bar work and offers flexible hours which mean they can still go along to their lectures and can take time off around exams.

Working as a stripper is a time-honored tradition for many female American students. Builds character ;)

Working as a stripper is a time-honored tradition for many female American students. Builds character ;)

I believe pole dancing builds muscle too! and you can often do the classes as part of the University's sports and leisure programme these days. :rolleyes:

I believe pole dancing builds muscle too! and you can often do the classes as part of the University's sports and leisure programme these days. :rolleyes:

In that case, I want to explore the "study abroad" options my university offers.

Or, would that be "study a broad?" :p

*rimshot*

Of course it's a leap in logic. R. Richard likes to post these things to "prove" how our school system, our government, our law enforcement agencies, our librarians, school crossing guards, bus drivers, postal workers, civil service employees and anyone else employed, or marginally employed by the government are all, in reality, out to just fuck you over.

Sheesh, don't you watch the news?

:rolleyes:

He's right. Here in Schlub County the criminal court is filled with trials involving teacher-pervs and corrupt cops.

Problem with us taxpayers is we have the right to bitch and throw a fit, so we do it about every single little thing. I'm all for our money being used right, but there comes a time when we need to stop acting like spoiled brats and shut the hell up.

Yeah, that was definitely the school's fault that this girl delved into the prostitution business. That was in the curriculum. It wasn't her parents responsibility to raise her to have the morals not to become a fuckhead. That's the school's responsibility.

(Heavy sarcasm used above)

Someone else to blame and something else to whine about.

Problem with us taxpayers is we have the right to bitch and throw a fit, so we do it about every single little thing. I'm all for our money being used right, but there comes a time when we need to stop acting like spoiled brats and shut the hell up.

Yeah, that was definitely the school's fault that this girl delved into the prostitution business. That was in the curriculum. It wasn't her parents responsibility to raise her to have the morals not to become a fuckhead. That's the school's responsibility.

(Heavy sarcasm used above)

Someone else to blame and something else to whine about.

Since 1968 our schools have promoted themselves as the cure-all for every social problem, and have lobbied hard for tax money to fix everything, be it breakfast, truancy, teen pregnancy, babysitting, social workers to visit the homes, whatever. And then they routinely drop the ball.

Hell! They cant even screen their teachers for pedophiles.

If she's still getting good grades and it doesn't interfere with her studies....

Whereas I don't agree it has anything to do with tax dollars, I still believe this is wrong and the girl punished properly.

Not sure what you're situation (kids wise) is, but would love to get your take if this was your 16 year old daughter

I will add however that its a perfect example of a "man's world" that this girl does get the proper punishment, but it takes who knows how many offenses to get your average everyday pimp locked up for that period of time. Never mind how many times they can assault a woman and still be on the street(for a great example read up on the recent murder case involving former sox player Jerry Remy's kid)

For female sex offenders we have a legal system that acts as it should

for male abusers of women we have no system other than vigilantism and guns.

Since 1968 our schools have promoted themselves as the cure-all for every social problem, and have lobbied hard for tax money to fix everything, be it breakfast, truancy, teen pregnancy, babysitting, social workers to visit the homes, whatever. And then they routinely drop the ball.

Hell! They cant even screen their teachers for pedophiles.

So do you suggest we get rid of schools, or completely stop funding them at all?

So do you suggest we get rid of schools, or completely stop funding them at all?

What I would suggest is that parents raise their kids and not let the school do it.

A 16 year old girl saying "sure okay" to hooking is lacking something at home.
But when mom/dad are glued to face book and Ashley Madison trying to set up affairs this is what your kids turn out like.

Parenting is an obsolete word these days and the ones who do try to put some rules on their kids get targeted as being abusive.

Whereas I don't agree it has anything to do with tax dollars, I still believe this is wrong and the girl punished properly.

I'm pretty sure desertslave's comment was meant to be just a wee bit facetious.

And I also agree it had nothing to do with tax dollars, it is wrong, and the girl should have been punished.

For female sex offenders we have a legal system that acts as it should...

If you're talking about female teachers with a propensity for seducing their students, I'd suggest we collect them all in one single school, so people know what to expect.

I predict it would become very popular and we'd see young men working their butts off in order to gain admission.

I wonder how much of a cut of the profits the 16 yo got?

I went to tax supported public schools. I was told that a high school English teacher could read a student essay, grade it and provide a true picture of how well the student who wrote the essay was adapting to the real world. However, when time comes to take responsibility for the product that they turn out, the people that the tax payers pay are nowhere to be found.
Lest you think that I hold others to impossible standards, I used to collect money for The Man. If I could find a deadbeat, I never, ever failed to collect. Sometimes I collected money, sometimes chattels, sometimes hide, but I ALWAYS collected.
(By the way, I never passed a single assignment in high school English and I never got a single question answered. I didn't feel that the fat, stupid, ugly bitch was against me, just that she was too unintelligent to do her job.)

You weren't an eight oclock scholar were yuh?

I think we oughta do something totally wild and novel....hang felons who molest kids unless theyre boys and the teacher is hawt.

You weren't an eight oclock scholar were yuh?

I think we oughta do something totally wild and novel....hang felons who molest kids unless theyre boys and the teacher is hawt.

Oh, I'm sorry, James. I didn't actually mean for you to respond to that. It was a bit of a rhetorical question dipped in a thick pool of sarcasm, to help illustrate the idiocy of my own implied suggestion.

Back