Story idea that contains a killing.

MarkoAaron

Really Experienced
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Posts
282
I'm working on an idea and one of the pivotal moments is when a man is killed by woman.
She does it with her bare hands, no blood or decapitation.
I looked over the guidelines, but couldn't find a definite answer.
Would something like my idea, be too much?
 
It will be fine. Basically the only time death is an issue here is if it takes place during sex or some type of sexual satisfaction is taken from the death then it will be seen as snuff.

Your description sounds fine
 
I have a couple of stories that contain some graphic violence and killing but it's part of the story and not the sex act and I don't describe to detailed. A couple of bad guys get shot by a gun, one bad guy gets tasered in the eye? some shock collars and whippings, A branding, a seizure, plane crash. Normal story stuff that you'd find in a Stephen King, Lee Child book, but I'm less graphic and it has to propel the story forward.
 
No snuff or mayhem for sexual titillation of readers. That 'mayhem' bit is ambiguous. We can post stories withe decapitation or shotgun-splatered brains but I had difficulty getting Laurel to approve Like a Hole in the Head with non-fatal voluntary trephination. Erotic Horror seems to get away with a lot more graphic violence than other categories. But I don't find erotic violence very erotic. If somebody has to die then just kill them off and go on with the story.

PS: I'm still seeking approval of The Pharmacist where the doc injects himself with a penis-enlarging drug while he's fucking the town slut. She explodes in bloody shards -- after a (literally) mind-blowing orgasm. On LIT, rape seems to be OK if the victim eventually appreciates the experience. That excuse *might* work for my cartoon-like story.
 
I've had a lot of stories with people killing each other...unless it's done for the sexual thrill, no big deal.
 
I've started on the story. So far, there will be 2 deaths. One where a girl has her throat slit (not during sex) and a guy gets his neck snapped.

Hopefully that won't be a problem.
 
One of my stories kind of got out of hand and I killed everyone. I mean everyone. I still had some people bitch about there not being a sequel. :rolleyes:
 
The rule mentions titillation and I understand what that means and the theory behind it.

However the problem is how do you know what titillates people?

If someone has a rape kink and an author writes a rape scene that is utterly brutal and horrific and is no way meant to turn anyone on, but to disturb the reader and move along a story line -as in this is why she is out for revenge or hates men or this is why this guy is out to gte these guys etc..

It will turn that person on and there is no way to control that. You can't say what gets people off or not.

I wrote a scene four years ago as described above. Just brutal, upset myself writing it, but it was needed for the story. Got a lot of comments of the "Oh, no!" variety and how hard it was to read.

Then received several public and private comments saying how hot it was and the obligatory "That cunt deserved it, do it again"

So you can't tell.

I recall one private feedback where the guy went on about how hot it was and made a lot of suggestions as to what to do to her next. He was so proud of his e-mail he left me one I could reply to.

I wonder if he still thinks about all the things I suggested could be done to men who enjoy rape :rolleyes:
 
After seeing this thread I hadda kill a killing in my newest tale. Its my first venture in bdsm, and it aint gonna fly with Laurel even if the death is accidental. It occurs during sex. Aint gonna fly. So I gotta go with attempted murder that don't happen.
 
After seeing this thread I hadda kill a killing in my newest tale. Its my first venture in bdsm, and it aint gonna fly with Laurel even if the death is accidental. It occurs during sex. Aint gonna fly. So I gotta go with attempted murder that don't happen.

Nope, that wouldn't work.

Let me guess some type of erotic asphyxiation?

The scary thing is there are a lot of people into breath play and its nothing to play with. It takes a lot of trust and a lot of experience to pull that off. Its why some of the stories here and morons yapping in threads are dangerous to naive newbs.

I'm into knife play, which is extreme, but read a story-not here-where a couple was into it and the woman simply slashed his throat in the middle of it.
 
Nope, that wouldn't work.

Let me guess some type of erotic asphyxiation?

The scary thing is there are a lot of people into breath play and its nothing to play with. It takes a lot of trust and a lot of experience to pull that off. Its why some of the stories here and morons yapping in threads are dangerous to naive newbs.

I'm into knife play, which is extreme, but read a story-not here-where a couple was into it and the woman simply slashed his throat in the middle of it.

Yes. In the original the victim is bound, her gas mask is defective, and she strokes out. The mistress cant revive her. In the new the mistress plugs the gas mask, leaves, and the land lord stops by fortuitously to change the a/c filters.
 
One of my stories kind of got out of hand and I killed everyone. I mean everyone. I still had some people bitch about there not being a sequel. :rolleyes:
Blowing up the planet works well there. I came close in A Fall of Stardust but I removed the explicit stuff about mass die-offs, just hinted at that, because it didn't seem, y'know, erotic. But if I get stuck with another story I might invoke Sol going nova. Or, a twist: massive solar flare incinerates most of humanity but leaves Evo and Adama alive on Pitcairn Island, yada yada. Meanwhile, all protagonists in the developed world are broiled and good riddance.
 
I killed a dude during sex in my last chapter. Mind you, it was a story from someone's past, and I skipped the gory details. But there was definitely a decapitation. Just saying. I think you're fine.
 
I had to go back and look at it to be sure but in my Halloween story the body count was 14 in detail and the casual mention of a half dozen more.
 
One of my stories kind of got out of hand and I killed everyone. I mean everyone. I still had some people bitch about there not being a sequel. :rolleyes:

I guess you could have written a poignant story about the poor bastard who had to mop up the carnage next morning
 
I guess you could have written a poignant story about the poor bastard who had to mop up the carnage next morning

Between the electromagnetic discharge and the nuclear plant explosion, there wasn't much mopping up to do. :eek:
 
Between the electromagnetic discharge and the nuclear plant explosion, there wasn't much mopping up to do. :eek:
That was wholesale. You must have been in a hurry.

Retail can be stretched out much longer. How about a wandering fucker (any gender) leaving a trail of broken hearts -- who are all murdered by the nemesis following our protagonist. Sort of a clean-up-as-you-go scenario.

Or there's a chase across a collapsing bridge, or inside a crumbling building, or down a flooding tunnel, or the sinking ship or nose-diving aircraft trope.

I had trouble concluding one story cycle. An option was to kill all the cheated husbands and cheating wives but not the busy bull nor the innocent bastards he fathered. How to do that? Maybe a tidal wave when the adults (except the bull, who is in jail) are at a nude beach and the kids are in childcare. No, I didn't think to have them dragged underwater by tentacle creatures.

(I finessed that by giving the heroine an incurable STD.)

For another story I simply swept away the cheaters in a mudslide. That got a Red-H in LW so I guess Divine Retribution works. Meteors would be good, too.
 
Curious

I had to go back and look at it to be sure but in my Halloween story the body count was 14 in detail and the casual mention of a half dozen more.

I've been wondering about that since I saw the "Erotic Horror" section. When I hear erotic horror, I think of those movies I would see on the shelves, back when blockbuster was a thing, like "Sorority Massacre." Big titted bimbos getting killed by a guy with a phallic murder weapon. Or strapped down and "butchered" but she sounds like the psycho is fingering her to death or something. Hell even the "Scream" movies sex up the murder. With a rule like "no killing for sexual titillation" how does anything get passed in that category? It's either an erotically charged killing and gets a free pass, or the death and sex are kept completely separate, which kind of defeats the point of the word combination "Erotic Horror."

I don't really want to contribute in that fashion, but the odd contradiction of it is stuck in my head.
 
I once had a father blow away his son and daughter with a shotgun while they were engaged in oral sex. I think it passed because the experience was no fun for any of them.
 
I once had a father blow away his son and daughter with a shotgun while they were engaged in oral sex. I think it passed because the experience was no fun for any of them.

I would think it passed because he was not part of the sex. Snuff is killing during sex or taking sexual pleasure in the killing, he did neither.
 
I had plenty of deaths during sex in my Lesbian Vampire Wars stories. :eek::eek::eek: The vampires enjoyed it quite a bit! :devil::devil: But then, supernatural creatures can always get away with things that "real" creatures cannot.:kiss::kiss::kiss: Morgana :rose:
 
On becoming a Eunuch.

Slightly different issue. I have written a LW story which involves a revenge/punishment by the husband against his wife and her lover. The husband castrates the male lover using a burdizzo, however, the word castration is never mentioned, and the procedure is described clinically without any sexual emphasis; the husband 'speaks to the reader(1st person), to stress that this is a just punishment for an egregrious transgression - and he takes no pleasure from it whatsoever. In fact the deed is not explicit until the final word of the chapter.

However, any reader can construe from the context what has happened and I anticipate that the usual LW fans will be drooling with delight, and anticipating the punishment of the female.

They might have a different response to chapter 2 but that is another story.

I have held off submitting it because of Laurel's views. Would it be sensible to submit both chapters of this 2 part story, together with a note to Laurel pointing out the content? My request would be to have the chapters published a week or so apart, but only if she was comfortable with it. Any advice?
 
Back
Top