Double Blind Challenge, round 2 - starts May 15

legerdemer

lost at sea
Greenmountaineer's challenge worked so well, here's a second chance for the still-brave, masochistic, or just plain die-hards, from his thread's instructions:

A(nother) good opportunity to hone some of those poetic and critic skills:

Take an early draft of a poem or an old one with flaws in it and send it to me (Mer in this case, to be perfectly obvious):

I'll start to post poems anonymously on May 15, each for 48 hours more or less, to enable others to critique it before posting another submission for critique. Critiques are encouraged but not required. Posters may also agree or disagree with other posters, thus provoking thought and possibly more comments. The length of the challenge therefore depends on the level of interest according to the number of submissions.

We'll aim for about 8 poems, give or take, and give priority to those who did not participate in the last Double Blind.

The submitting poets will be able to get feedback and then send me their revision no later than a specified date (roughly May 31), at which point I'll post all of them together, again anonymously, so that people can guess at authorship, which will thereafter soon be disclosed, completing the challenge. If a poet doesn't send a revision, I'll assume no change was made, and I will re-post the original.

Please send me a PM with your intent to participate. It was great fun the first time, folks. Here's the encore!

She can if she wants to - Calli, let me know. I.ll simply edit your name for mine. I had chatted with Angeline and GP, and missed Calli wanting to host the next one - mea culpa!. (I did think the idea was to keep hosting them as long as people submit.)

She can if she wants to - Calli, let me know. I.ll simply edit your name for mine. I had chatted with Angeline and GP, and missed Calli wanting to host the next one - mea culpa!. (I did think the idea was to keep hosting them as long as people submit.)

No worries! You didn't miss a thing. When Angeline suggested it be a monthly thing, I just said I'd be a willing shepherd, but I gave no preference about which flock. :)

Mer, you'd already offered and said your availability for it was May or June, so I assumed you'd probably be doing May's. Everything is as it should be.

No worries! You didn't miss a thing. When Angeline suggested it be a monthly thing, I just said I'd be a willing shepherd, but I gave no preference about which flock. :)

Mer, you'd already offered and said your availability for it was May or June, so I assumed you'd probably be doing May's. Everything is as it should be.

Glad I didn't trod on your toes! Didn't mean to!!

Alrighty, then - off we go with the second round. I'll post reminders and bump the thread to keep it on everyone's radar.

Glad I didn't trod on your toes! Didn't mean to!!

Alrighty, then - off we go with the second round. I'll post reminders and bump the thread to keep it on everyone's radar.

Looking forward to it, even if I'm no. 9 in the queue.

Last edited:
reminder bump

I hope everyone is working hard on drafts to send into the next double blind challenge - particularly those who didn't participate last time. I have one new volunteer with a poem in hand (notice I was sneaky and didn't mention the sex?).

I hope for many more takers. Otherwise, I think the old hands will be happy to send in poems. And by "old" I mean experienced!!

I have one new volunteer with a poem in hand (notice I was sneaky and didn't mention the sex?).

Presumably the sex will be in the poem -- that's de rigueur in these parts. Unless you mean that the new volunteer has more than just a poem in hand? :devil:

bump....

We could combine the double blind challenge with a theme like the one proposed by GP. Or not. Opinions?

On the other hand, I don't have that many declared takers for the double blind challenge, so do we want to put it off?

status update

I have received one entry from a new "player" and "pledges" from 4 who played the last round that they'd be ready to pitch in again.

I'm sharpening the blades in the meat grinder at this very moment.

Mwua-ha-ha

sorry, mer, way too busy for any challenges right now - chasing temp jobs and dealing with the council about trying to get my at-home's swapped into a flat as well as still finalising stuff to do with their care packages with the local med teams... not very poemy at the moment nor can i commit to making changes on an older piece. head's just not in the right place at the moment. best of luck, though, with the challenge!

Back