'nuclear ignore'?

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
First off I'm a tech dummy so not even sure if I'm asking for something that really exists but...

In the past I have heard people mention some type of nuclear ignore which makes it so you won't even see a posters words even if someone quotes them.

Does this indeed exists and if so, how can I go about doing it?

First off I'm a tech dummy so not even sure if I'm asking for something that really exists but...

In the past I have heard people mention some type of nuclear ignore which makes it so you won't even see a posters words even if someone quotes them.

I believe that is a Firefox plugin.

I want to know who you want to nuclear ignore.:D

GREAT, you invoke the nuclear ignore, they retaliate and next thing you know we're all living in caves someplace contemplating who is going to be our next meal. The MAD doctrine is there for a reason, you know. SHEESH.

I'd just like to know if there's a way to stop pictures from being quoted several times. Once is usually enough. No need to see it 15 times.

I know the forum admin can stop it, but since they haven't, we should be able to without blocking the individual pictures.

There used to be a Firefox plugin, but that was years ago.

I have no idea if it works in current versions of Firefox, or whether the latest version will work with this old version of Vbulletin. Every reference I can find to it is 2-5 years old.

It did remove quotes from people you'd ignored, and didn't even leave the "user ignored" box where their posts were. They were effectively erased from the forum from your perspective.

I'd just like to know if there's a way to stop pictures from being quoted several times. Once is usually enough. No need to see it 15 times.

I know the forum admin can stop it, but since they haven't, we should be able to without blocking the individual pictures.

Turn off the viewing of pictures within the post in your options. To view something click on the link in the post. You can also turn off the avatars and signatures. The large sizedavatars and books for signatures hide what is a ctually in the post. If there was an option to hide location essays I would then be even happier.

I want to know who you want to nuclear ignore.:D

No one you'd expect. Not any of the GB trolls or even the every day AH dinks. But there's one person here who's posting makes me sick-and their posts aren't ever directed at me- its their content in general.

I think this person is a creeper that's the type someone on lit is going to find out the hard way is a serious piece of work.

If I continue to read their posts I'm going to start thinking of doing something I shouldn't.

There used to be a Firefox plugin, but that was years ago.

I have no idea if it works in current versions of Firefox, or whether the latest version will work with this old version of Vbulletin. Every reference I can find to it is 2-5 years old.

It did remove quotes from people you'd ignored, and didn't even leave the "user ignored" box where their posts were. They were effectively erased from the forum from your perspective.

That was it, Vbulletin. Now that you say it, I recalled it was Stella Omega who had mentioned it to me, but as you said it was a couple of year ago.

I use firefox and chrome I'll switch to firefox and see if I can't find a way to give it a try. Thanks.

Turn off the viewing of pictures within the post in your options. To view something click on the link in the post. You can also turn off the avatars and signatures.

I don't want to turn them all off. I can block individual signature images.

I just don't want to see the same image quoted 15 times on a page of 20 posts. There is a VB setting or add-in that blocks images from being quoted much like the one that blocks quotes from being quoted that is in use here.

I just don't want to see the same image quoted 15 times on a page of 20 posts. There is a VB setting or add-in that blocks images from being quoted much like the one that blocks quotes from being quoted that is in use here.

Unfortunately that's the forums. You can't turn off quoted pictures without turning off all pictures. I know, it's annoying.

The same half dozen adolescents quote most of the pic threads so the can say, "Wow! She's hot! I want that on my face!"

Putting just a few members on iggy will eliminate most of the pic repeats. Those same members rarely, if ever, have anything of substance to add, so it's no loss.

That was it, Vbulletin. Now that you say it, I recalled it was Stella Omega who had mentioned it to me, but as you said it was a couple of year ago.

I use firefox and chrome I'll switch to firefox and see if I can't find a way to give it a try. Thanks.

If you figure it out, please post back here and let everyone know.

I do remember the firefox add-on, but yes, it was several years ago. It worked very well! :)

For the record, I made a thread to share it on the AH and Stella Omega liked it and put it in her signature for awhile.

Felt the need to keep that straight because...

For the record, I made a thread to share it on the AH and Stella Omega liked it and put it in her signature for awhile.

Felt the need to keep that straight because...

...because what? You're a wanker? You're a glory hound? What? ;)

I don't allow others to ruin my day. You cant do it unless I allow it. If youre too fucking stupid I pass you by, and many here are, but your content has little balls, most of the time. LC? Grow up.

I've heard of browser modifications, but I'm too lazy to look that up on the internet. I rather scroll down as quickly as I can before my eyes can register the quoted shit.

Isn't it called "scroll wheel?"

F-ing Lol. Good one. :D

Isn't it called "scroll wheel?"

It is.
But when viewing on a mobile device with a less than blazing connection speed, loading picture and gif rich pages takes forever. It also needlessly burns through a data allowance.

My iggy list grows daily.

Back