New writer, doing ok?

BrokenPenis

Virgin
Ok, I've been a "member" here for it seems ages. Just recently started to write, and write and write some more.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=3212436&page=submissions

I "seem" to be doing ok in spite of having never written anything like this before.
Anyone want to give me some feedback I'd love to hear it.

Questions for you all.
  1. How do you earn a [HOT] tag on your story. Is it views/favs or some other measure? I have 2 [HOTS]. Are they temporary like the [NEW]?
  2. Are my stories running too long or do people dislike the series treatments?
  3. I tend to keep my story sex somewhat on the less graphic side? Whatta ya think?

I know I'll have a bunch of follow up questions. Like in, how to you end a story line where you've lost interest in writing it? (Current thought is everyone walks out the front door and gets hit by a wayward bus.)

Thanks

I'll try to get you something next week since you're in my wheelhouse.

Ok,
  1. How do you earn a [HOT] tag on your story. Is it views/favs or some other measure? I have 2 [HOTS]. Are they temporary like the [NEW]?
  2. Are my stories running too long or do people dislike the series treatments?
  3. I tend to keep my story sex somewhat on the less graphic side? Whatta ya think?

Red H = a score > 4.5 with more than 10 votes. They are based on the score - on your control panel it's shown as 4.50/10 or 4.76/47, whatever (shows how many votes your story has received, and the running average of all scores).

Some people prefer long stories, others prefer long series. Others won't read a long story, others (many others) now won't start reading a long series unless they know it's complete. A big reader dislike is the vast number of unfinished multi-chapter things, where the writer runs out of ideas, energy, time.

Some folk just want stroke and no plot, others want lots of plot, with less graphic sex.

This is where we all say (stand everybody, in unison please), "Write what you want to write, there is no such thing as a universal 'reader', you cannot please everybody, but you will please somebody."

Red H = a score > 4.5 with more than 10 votes. They are based on the score - on your control panel it's shown as 4.50/10 or 4.76/47, whatever (shows how many votes your story has received, and the running average of all scores).

Some people prefer long stories, others prefer long series. Others won't read a long story, others (many others) now won't start reading a long series unless they know it's complete. A big reader dislike is the vast number of unfinished multi-chapter things, where the writer runs out of ideas, energy, time.

Some folk just want stroke and no plot, others want lots of plot, with less graphic sex.

This is where we all say (stand everybody, in unison please), "Write what you want to write, there is no such thing as a universal 'reader', you cannot please everybody, but you will please somebody."

Someone told me that I wrote the least erotic erotica they ever read. Yet, 16 of my 18 submissions have that big H

I read most of your Chip series, and it is very good. The main thing is that you have a gopd imaginitive strory line with lots of interesting ideas. That makes it stand out from all the others. The sectioning is good too. Each part leaves the readers wanting more as you can see from the comments. I dont think the stories are too long. I think you have the balance between story and explicit sex about right. Usually I find something tp criticise, but here I cant really find anything!

Edit: except the titles. They suck!

Last edited:
Read the first chapter of thr Name Name Name Name Name series.

Too much telling. Not enough showing. I almost checked out at the info dump at the beginning. There are more graceful ways to introduce characters than to regurgitate a pile of pertinent facts about them.

The characters are faceless and interchangeable. They have no personalities, no motivations, and no room for growth. Characters need to have things they need, and do not have, in order to have any kind of arc, and 'a good birthday present' doesn't count.

Clearly, you have a lot of good ideas, and when you refine your storytelling skills more and can present those ideas with restraint and style, you will be unstoppable.

Back